Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2013 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 01-16-2013, 08:08 PM   #1
tburhans
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18473
Default Mock

I have Mendenhall staying and Wallace going
We trade our 1st to Jacksonville for their 2nd and 3rd. The 17th pick is a value of 950 and Jacksonvilles 2nd is a value of 560 and their 3rd is a value of 260 so a total of 820 which is a fair trade for both teams

2.Matt Elam-S-Florida
2.Zach Ertz-TE-Stanford
3.Nico Johnson-ILB-Alabama
3.Aaron Dobson-WR-Marshall
4.Michael Buchanan-DE-Illinois
5.Colby Cameron-QB-Louisiana-Tech
6.Micah Hyde-CB-Iowa
7.Blaize Foltz-OG-TCU
tburhans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:28 AM   #2
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 14,208 Times in 5,988 Posts
Default Re: Mock

I like the idea of trading back... specifically with JAX (who might want to trade back into R1, for a QB). I mention this trade in the main section. Anyway...

My only regret with trading back is that Elam will undoubtedly be gone (as long as it's not to the Ravens or Taperiots, I will be "okay" with not getting him).

Now, if the Steelers could STILL get Elam in R2, then trade away!!!

And, i like Nico Johnson.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:51 AM   #3
kan_t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 21653

I don't mind if they trade back to second round but I doubt Elam will be there. I would also be very surprise if they didn't pick any OLB in the first few rounds.
kan_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:13 AM   #4
Kingmagyar
Team Captain

Member Number: 16118

Trading back that far creates a real risk of a complete dissaster happening. You would have to have like twelve guys your interested in and hope one of them lasts through the first round. And trading back that far for just a third round pick? I remember Cleveland trading back into the first round for Brady Qunn and I believe they gave up a following year's number one to do it. A team would have to give up at least their round 2s this year and next plus that 3rd round pick to even consider it.

And a wise GM once said if you like a guy and you think he's going to be a pro-bowler you don't wait and hope to get him in the round he is rated for.

And I would bet the house your going to see a Running Back in this year's draft as well as an OLB prospect.
Kingmagyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:43 AM   #5
tburhans
Bench Warmer

I didn't say trade back just for a third round pick if you look what I wrote it's trading back for a second and third round pick. If elam is gone you could put a olb in that spot like a alex okafor or a rb like lacy
Old 01-18-2013, 05:06 AM   #6
Kingmagyar
Team Captain

Member Number: 16118

Quote:
Originally Posted by tburhans View Post
I didn't say trade back just for a third round pick if you look what I wrote it's trading back for a second and third round pick. If elam is gone you could put a olb in that spot like a alex okafor or a rb like lacy
No I read exactly what you said. The Steelers aren't gaining a 2nd round pick they are trading back 16 spots out of the first round and exchanging their number one pick for a 2nd round pick and what do they come out of this with for doing so? A third round pick. That's what they gain for dropping 16 spots.

If you read what I said,

The Cleveland Browns once traded a future number one just to get back into the first round. The Steelers would be imcompetent laughing stock idiots to make such a move as you suggest.

Cleveland traded its second-round selection in 2007 (36th overall) and its first-round selection in 2008 to Dallas for Dallas' first-round selection in 2007 (22nd overall) Now that deal I would take as Jacksonville more then likely will be picking top ten again next year.

More likely your scenario comes to pass by trading down a bit in the first round for that extra pick in the 3rd. If you ever make a trade out of the first round into the early 2nd you should always try and get a future pick as these teams more then likely won't turn it around and you will have a very high pick from them the following year..
Kingmagyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:03 PM   #7
tburhans
Bench Warmer

Steelers have never been known as draft day traders but there is a lot of depth in the draft this year so extra picks would help. Unless they are willing to trade away picks to move up for somebody they really want
Old 01-19-2013, 04:06 PM   #8
Renegade.8
Water Boy

Member Number: 24733

Really intrigued by Dobson WR Marshall.
Renegade.8 is offline   Reply With Quote