Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-20-2013, 06:00 PM   #11
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206
Default Re: Rats Vs. Cheats game thread

wow - so far in the 1st quarter, not only does Brady have all year and another decade to just stand there before deciding who and when to throw to - the playcalling on offensive is brilliant. Already doing no-huddles keeping Baltimore completely off-balance and its only half-way through the 1st quarter.
Haley??? Hello?
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:01 PM   #12
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,005 Times in 4,566 Posts

It's like men with boys when Brady is throwing right now, isn't it? Not only does he have an eternity to throw, but when he does, the CB just looks confused. I like this hurry-up they're running, too. I think with the youth of our receivers, we could run a very similar type offense with our 'new and improved' offensive line.

Take some notes Todd!
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:07 PM   #13
TRH
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
It's like men with boys when Brady is throwing right now, isn't it? Not only does he have an eternity to throw, but when he does, the CB just looks confused. I like this hurry-up they're running, too. I think with the youth of our receivers, we could run a very similar type offense with our 'new and improved' offensive line.

Take some notes Todd!

i hear ya. When we run the no-huddle, we wait until "critical situations" when you know its coming. And any time we do, we STUPIDLY run the snap count clock down to 1. Wow. What a surprise when its snapped, huh?
I still believe if Brady played behind our line, he'd be no better than Ben is, possibly even a step down because he doesn't handle pressure well at all - but 2 things here is making our team just look downright silly and juvenile.
1. The offensive playcalling
2. The big-strong-tough offensive line blocking. And i mean BLOCKING.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:15 PM   #14
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

"No-Huddle" resulted in backbreaking plays resulting in the Steelers losing both crucial games (Dallas and Cincinnati) to get knocked out the postseason to begin with this year.

Haley can take all the notes and listen all he wants. The responsibility is on Ben for not playing like dog shit.

Brady can run the no-huddle effectively because he actually STUDIES and knows the ins and outs.
Edman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:16 PM   #15
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,005 Times in 4,566 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
i hear ya. When we run the no-huddle, we wait until "critical situations" when you know its coming. And any time we do, we STUPIDLY run the snap count clock down to 1. Wow. What a surprise when its snapped, huh?
I still believe if Brady played behind our line, he'd be no better than Ben is, possibly even a step down because he doesn't handle pressure well at all - but 2 things here is making our team just look downright silly and juvenile.
1. The offensive playcalling
2. The big-strong-tough offensive line blocking. And i mean BLOCKING.
Absolutely with you. If we're going to run a hurry-up, fuck the hard snap count and make them jumpy and unsettled so we could possibly have a free play if they jump offside or get antsy.

I think our OLine is going to be pretty good this year with the only question mark being our starting LG. If our guys are finally able to get some kind of chemistry going and our line can stay healthy, I think Ben will have time to throw and make plays. Not necessarily Brady time, but time.

More OT, where's Wilfork?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
"No-Huddle" resulted in backbreaking plays resulting in the Steelers losing both crucial games (Dallas and Cincinnati) to get knocked out the postseason to begin with this year.

Haley can take all the notes and listen all he wants. The responsibility is on Ben for not playing like dog shit.

Brady can run the no-huddle effectively because he actually STUDIES and knows the ins and outs.
Oh bullshit. Next time you're in the Steelers film room how about you send me an invite so I can watch what Roethlisberger is doing too? You can't possibly know what he's doing and the reason why we couldn't run the no-huddle effectively was because of poor OLine play and a bad snap count. It had nothing to do with lack of focus by Roethlisberger but why not blame Ben? I heard there was a hurricane today in California, let's blame Ben for that, too.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:32 PM   #16
Blacksburg Zach
Team President
Supporter

Super Mario Flash Champion! Ragnarok Champion!
Member Number: 24584
Thanked 2,727 Times in 1,037 Posts
My Mood: Aggressive

Rats take the lead on a Rice TD run.
Blacksburg Zach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:34 PM   #17
TRH
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post

There's one big difference between the Steelers pass offense and the Patriots - and its CRYSTAL CLEAR and on full display right now - and i'm seeing it happen exactly as i've stated all year.

Brady = drops back to pass. Stands there. Stands there. Stands there some more. Calls Giselle and asks what she's making for dinner. Still no defenders near him. Then he looks around some more. Finally throws to an easily open receiver.

Ben = Within 1.5 seconds, the defense is swarming around him if they already haven't nearly killed him. Never (well, rarely) sits back in the pocket like Brady does nearly every play. Forced to run and shrug people off if he can.

Its completely ridiculous. The difference between QB's isn't near as much as the offensive playcalling and the STOUT, tough, and executing offensive line. It can make a QB from being just "good" to a "legend". If anyone can't see this - they are legally blind.
I rarely see Ben play "like dogshit" like you say. Very, very rarely. Brady would be average to above-average playing behind our line. We've seen it before when other teams have actually got to him (Giants first victory in the SB over the Patriots, anyone?).
People talk about RB's, QB's, etc "executing". Not many talk about OL's executing. They talk about them being "good" or "bad", but this example shines.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:35 PM   #18
White_Steel_Wolfe
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24314
My Mood: Lurking

GO RATS! lol- the lesser of the two evils
White_Steel_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:39 PM   #19
TRH
Living Legend

stupid Raven - slaps a Patriot after the play in front of a ref. Automatic 15-yarder.

If i was Harbaugh, i'd embarrass him on national TV - pull him out of the game and make him sit on the bench. Walk him right over to the bench.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:44 PM   #20
Blacksburg Zach
Team President
Supporter

Super Mario Flash Champion! Ragnarok Champion!
Member Number: 24584
Thanked 2,727 Times in 1,037 Posts
My Mood: Aggressive

Taperiots retake the lead on a Welker TD reception.
Blacksburg Zach is online now   Reply With Quote