Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-21-2013, 05:12 AM   #111
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky
Default Re: Harbaugh Jealousy

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
"Harbur Berwl De Derp De Derp De tweedely poopity pohr"

Screw that shit - 1 Harbaugh is going to lose, thus - Tomlin is at least better than 1 of them. Also - will still have 1 more SB appearance

This will be the worst 2 weeks for a football fan unless youre a Ravens/49ers fan - Lots of videos of Ray Lewis looking for cameras so he can pray in front of them - what a fucking spectacle he makes of himself. Also - "The Harbaugh Parents must be so proud de derp."

I might actually only check the scores for this SB. The free beer and wings at the party will be the best part by far.
Desperate geek...... Found a fragment of pride to hold on to so run with it. It's obvious our team is on a downward spiral. Ravens are still consistently at the top of the afc. Jon will always keep them there as well. Jim's Niners are the best in the team. You think tomlins better than them, then we'd be playing yesterday... We weren't this year or the last. Open your eyes you geek. Your argument is pathetic. Belichek hasn't won a bowl for years and years but his team.unlike our is always in the hunt and in the finals. Consistency is what makes a good coach. Tomlin ain't consistent.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:03 AM   #112
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 10,251 Times in 4,113 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millers the sh!t View Post
Desperate geek...... Found a fragment of pride to hold on to so run with it. It's obvious our team is on a downward spiral. Ravens are still consistently at the top of the afc. Jon will always keep them there as well. Jim's Niners are the best in the team. You think tomlins better than them, then we'd be playing yesterday... We weren't this year or the last. Open your eyes you geek. Your argument is pathetic. Belichek hasn't won a bowl for years and years but his team.unlike our is always in the hunt and in the finals. Consistency is what makes a good coach. Tomlin ain't consistent.
consistency? Winning makes a good coach. As a head coach Tomlin has a winning record, plus a SB victory. Those don't come easily.

Plus you say if Tomlin was better than the Harbaughs then we'd have been playing yesterday. You ought to know that's not how it works. Nobody can win every game, and no team can be at the top every year.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:30 AM   #113
Twentyvalve
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18796

That is embarrassing. A grown man acting like that. I always get a kick out of the Harbaugh boys when they stomp their feet, thrown their headphones, etc. Remember John shoved his coach last year on live prime time TV? Remember he grabbed the ref a few years back? Of course nobody ever said anything about it because when a person behaves like that every day of their lives, it is expected so no big deal. Imagine if Tomlin acted like that? The Rooney's would fire him. For Baltimore, that is their standard. You could kill somebody and nothing would ....ummm...wait.....never mind.

I would love to be a fly on the wall when the Harbaugh boys were kids playing Monopoly. I can just imagine them rolling around on the ground gouging at each others eyes and spitting back and forth over accusing each other of cheating (which they were).

I don't want a temperamental toddler for a coach. I would take HAL 2000 before any Harbaugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
How can anybody ever want a coach who does this? I mean seriously?

I don't give a shit what their teams accomplished, they're ignorant, pathetic little children

Twentyvalve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:43 AM   #114
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post
Yeah, I don't get it. Instead of appreciating the coaching prowess of the Harbaugh's, it seems most of our fans would rather attack their character since they know they cannot attack their coaching abilities.

It's about putting the best product possible on the field from the top down. Nothing more, nothing less.

Some Steelers fans would rather have an emotionless robot coach (I have no problem with Tomlin, but he isn't even close to the Harbaugh/Belicheck level). They don't want the players to show any emotion after a big play. They want all of the players to be clean-cut and raising orphans instead of having their own children.

They want to live in a world that doesn't exist and never will.

Belichick is as emotionless as they get, so I think sytle or demeanor have little to do with quality coaching. Make no mistake about it, Belichick had a couple great calls early with forcing a timeout with Mallet in on the punt team. He was playing with Harbaugh there just to let him he could force him to blow that TO. Then the 4th and 1 direct snap was a thing of beauty. But make no mistake about it, the rest of the way Bill had no answers for the Ravens on either side of the ball. His conservativeness in of punting inside the 35 of the Ravens twice and mis managing the clock before the half contributed greatly to the loss for the Pats.

All coaches make mistakes, it's just sometimes they get covered up because a guy makes a play and sometimes they don't.

I think in game coaching had little to do with our losses this year. Preparation is a different story.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:57 AM   #115
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,378 Times in 2,078 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millers the sh!t View Post

I'd like to point out your bashing is pretty desperate . . . and entertaining.

Geek? You sound like a bad 1980s movie-bully - the one with the bleach blonde hair and the headband riding a dirt bike.

Thanks for the laughs - keep the intended "spears to my psyche" coming

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:02 AM   #116
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 22,712 Times in 9,298 Posts
My Mood: Dead

teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (01-21-2013)
Old 01-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #117
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
oh thank you for that!
Old 01-21-2013, 10:23 AM   #118
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twentyvalve View Post
That is embarrassing. A grown man acting like that. I always get a kick out of the Harbaugh boys when they stomp their feet, thrown their headphones, etc. Remember John shoved his coach last year on live prime time TV? Remember he grabbed the ref a few years back? Of course nobody ever said anything about it because when a person behaves like that every day of their lives, it is expected so no big deal. Imagine if Tomlin acted like that? The Rooney's would fire him. For Baltimore, that is their standard. You could kill somebody and nothing would ....ummm...wait.....never mind.

I would love to be a fly on the wall when the Harbaugh boys were kids playing Monopoly. I can just imagine them rolling around on the ground gouging at each others eyes and spitting back and forth over accusing each other of cheating (which they were).

I don't want a temperamental toddler for a coach. I would take HAL 2000 before any Harbaugh.

very well said. I know that winning is important, but so is good sportsmanship. This is a very emotional game and it's acceptable to see a coach lose it every once and a while, but c'mon.. this kind of performance every time something goes wrong shows very poor character.

If I acted like this at work I'd be fired. It's one thing to be a motivator and to start getting in players faces, but do we have to see a grown man throw a little temper tantrum? No, thanks, I would definitely pass on a coach that acts like this.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:28 AM   #119
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,378 Times in 2,078 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
very well said. I know that winning is important, but so is good sportsmanship. This is a very emotional game and it's acceptable to see a coach lose it every once and a while, but c'mon.. this kind of performance every time something goes wrong shows very poor character.

If I acted like this at work I'd be fired. It's one thing to be a motivator and to start getting in players faces, but do we have to see a grown man throw a little temper tantrum? No, thanks, I would definitely pass on a coach that acts like this.
bingo dude - these guys are sharks - I wanted to punch Jim Harbaugh when I saw that little tantrum - anyone notice Alex Smith? I remember Harbaugh treating him the same way he treats Mr. Tats in last season's NFC champ game - very two faced coach

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:16 AM   #120
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
consistency? Winning makes a good coach. As a head coach Tomlin has a winning record, plus a SB victory. Those don't come easily.

Plus you say if Tomlin was better than the Harbaughs then we'd have been playing yesterday. You ought to know that's not how it works. Nobody can win every game, and no team can be at the top every year.
The Jon Harbaugh and belichik are consistently at the top and consistently in the race. Cmon Tomlin, you killed our running game, and its going on year number seven and.it hasn't improved at all. HOw ling does this fool need to improve a basic part of the offense. Fundementals and a runningbg game that's all this clown needs.to fix and can't do it......