Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2013, 11:20 AM   #121
FanSince72
Team President
 
FanSince72's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 2,373
Member Number: 17502
Thanks: 368
Thanked 1,266 Times in 561 Posts
Default Re: Harbaugh Jealousy

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
I don't see it as they've built nothing teams into contenders. 49ers are loaded with talent. They've both done a good job, but to call them elite coaches is a bit early, hence the "how many SB's have they won" statement.

They both seem to be doing a very good job though.
I agree.

In fact, this is one SB where I really can't decide who I like better because both teams deserve to win it for a variety of reasons.

It may not sit well with most Steeler fans but you have to respect the fact that Baltimore has a pretty damned good team and that Flacco has turned out to be a pretty damned good quarterback. As far as SF goes, I know most Steeler fans hate the idea that SF could tie us in SB wins, but again, you can't say that they don't deserve to win or that they're not a good team as well.

As for the Harbaugh connection, I think it's kind of neat that two brothers are competing against each other for a SB and I don't think that either one has been "blessed" with such talent that whatever John and Jim Harbaugh have individually brought to the table as coaches can be dismissed as irrelevant.

Like any other Steeler fan I'd love to have our team playing but that doesn't mean that I can't appreciate another good team being there.
__________________
http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag37/JPsuff/comment2a.jpg
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FanSince72 For This Useful Post:
TheVet (01-22-2013)
Old 01-21-2013, 12:53 PM   #122
lipps83
Assistant Coach
 
lipps83's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,186
Member Number: 17725
Thanks: 152
Thanked 397 Times in 206 Posts
Default Re: Harbaugh Jealousy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
I agree.

In fact, this is one SB where I really can't decide who I like better because both teams deserve to win it for a variety of reasons.

It may not sit well with most Steeler fans but you have to respect the fact that Baltimore has a pretty damned good team and that Flacco has turned out to be a pretty damned good quarterback. As far as SF goes, I know most Steeler fans hate the idea that SF could tie us in SB wins, but again, you can't say that they don't deserve to win or that they're not a good team as well.

As for the Harbaugh connection, I think it's kind of neat that two brothers are competing against each other for a SB and I don't think that either one has been "blessed" with such talent that whatever John and Jim Harbaugh have individually brought to the table as coaches can be dismissed as irrelevant.

Like any other Steeler fan I'd love to have our team playing but that doesn't mean that I can't appreciate another good team being there.
That's a good point. It seems that you are not allowed to be a football fan first. You must deny the success of every other individual or organization, and when you can't criticize their abilities you must then find faults in character.
lipps83 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lipps83 For This Useful Post:
TheVet (01-22-2013)
Old 01-21-2013, 02:05 PM   #123
Twentyvalve
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 308
Member Number: 18796
Thanks: 10
Thanked 131 Times in 73 Posts
Default Re: Harbaugh Jealousy

I respect the Ravens and the 49er's (I think the Niners earned more than the Ravens though, the Ravens had a very "randomly fortuitous" year). But the reality is the Harbaughs are meatheads. Total meatheads. And my opinion has nothing to do with me being a Steelers fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
I agree.

In fact, this is one SB where I really can't decide who I like better because both teams deserve to win it for a variety of reasons.

It may not sit well with most Steeler fans but you have to respect the fact that Baltimore has a pretty damned good team and that Flacco has turned out to be a pretty damned good quarterback. As far as SF goes, I know most Steeler fans hate the idea that SF could tie us in SB wins, but again, you can't say that they don't deserve to win or that they're not a good team as well.

As for the Harbaugh connection, I think it's kind of neat that two brothers are competing against each other for a SB and I don't think that either one has been "blessed" with such talent that whatever John and Jim Harbaugh have individually brought to the table as coaches can be dismissed as irrelevant.

Like any other Steeler fan I'd love to have our team playing but that doesn't mean that I can't appreciate another good team being there.
Twentyvalve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:36 PM   #124
sloppyjoe
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 392
Member Number: 24256
Thanks: 3
Thanked 91 Times in 64 Posts
Default Re: Harbaugh Jealousy

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsteel View Post
Well this is the internet... and sloppyjoe has a high speed connection...

Of course I just realized that sloppyjoe is a ravens fan. Sorry I didn't catch that. Congrats on getting to the super bowl SJ.
anybody with a little football sense should be able to see what diredtion this tesam has been headed the longer and more involved tomlin has become. he's barry switzer or jim caldwell, take your pick.
sloppyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:35 AM   #125
aa14
Bench Warmer
 
aa14's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 167
Member Number: 24529
Thanks: 3
Thanked 20 Times in 16 Posts
Default Re: Harbaugh Jealousy

Finally you guys realize the raw, untapped power of the Harbaugh. I am sure our respectIve communities will be willing to accept you into the fold if you truly have a desire to repent. Ravens will be dominating the division for the next four or five years at the least.
aa14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:53 AM   #126
BLACK_AND_YELLOW
Head Coach
 
BLACK_AND_YELLOW's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,921
Gender: Male
Member Number: 18312
Thanks: 828
Thanked 2,405 Times in 1,111 Posts
My Mood: Tired
Default Re: Harbaugh Jealousy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa14 View Post
Ravens will be dominating the division for the next four or five years at the least.
BLACK_AND_YELLOW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:37 PM   #127
Franchise408
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1
Member Number: 24752
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Harbaugh Jealousy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Oh you mean implement a system where he throws the ball 7 yards down the field as his longest attempt so his numbers shot up? That system? Any quarterback can work in that system and have success because it's not an NFL system. It's a collegiate level system for struggling QBs and they still have it implemented because they don't have a legitimate QB on their roster. I'm sorry, have you seen Colin Kaepernick try to throw a deep ball? It's embarrassing.

People are comparing Kaepernick to Newton and that comparison is insulting and ridiculous. Kaep better compares to a more glorified Tebow with a slightly more accurate deep ball, but very similar throwing motion.

Bottom line, he implemented a system that suits his QBs talent level and I applaud him for that, but he's not the reason they're doing well. To suggest that he was the big piece that fit it all together is laughable. If Norv Turner was down in San Fran, they'd be competing for a title too. He's made questionable coaching decisions but because a) it's the 49ers and b) they have a decent record, he's being taken off the hook for it. Why is no one asking why they're losing to weaker teams and their offense is ridiculously inconsistent? Why is no one asking why they're such a bad team on the road and consistently struggle against top-end quarterbacks?
49ers fan here - and before I get started I'll just add the disclaimer that I'm not here to talk junk or anything like that. I actually have a lot of love for the Steelers - my dad is a life long Steelers fan so I grew up in a very Steelers friendly home, and I've cheered for you guys in every Super Bowl I've been alive to watch you guys play in. The Steelers are my AFC team, and basically my #2 team behind the 49ers.

But I had to address the bold here: What top-end QB's have we struggled against?

Since Harbaugh took over, we have beaten every "elite" QB we've faced:

Drew Brees (x2, including playoffs), Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers (x2, including playoffs), Matthew Stafford (x2), Matt Ryan (playoffs), Ben Roethlisberger, Eli Manning...

So I'm not sure who all these top end QB's that we've struggled against have been... Even when Eli beat us in the NFC Championship, that was more so the Giants defense, and our own special teams, than it was struggling against Eli. I think Alex Smith had better stats than Eli that game.
Franchise408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:15 PM   #128
harrison'samonster
Living Legend
 
harrison'samonster's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Youngstown, OH
Posts: 7,244
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17630
Thanks: 53,571
Thanked 8,998 Times in 3,719 Posts
My Mood: Mellow
Default Re: Harbaugh Jealousy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise408 View Post
49ers fan here - and before I get started I'll just add the disclaimer that I'm not here to talk junk or anything like that. I actually have a lot of love for the Steelers - my dad is a life long Steelers fan so I grew up in a very Steelers friendly home, and I've cheered for you guys in every Super Bowl I've been alive to watch you guys play in. The Steelers are my AFC team, and basically my #2 team behind the 49ers.

But I had to address the bold here: What top-end QB's have we struggled against?

Since Harbaugh took over, we have beaten every "elite" QB we've faced:

Drew Brees (x2, including playoffs), Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers (x2, including playoffs), Matthew Stafford (x2), Matt Ryan (playoffs), Ben Roethlisberger, Eli Manning...

So I'm not sure who all these top end QB's that we've struggled against have been... Even when Eli beat us in the NFC Championship, that was more so the Giants defense, and our own special teams, than it was struggling against Eli. I think Alex Smith had better stats than Eli that game.
I think Harbaugh is a good coach, and I like what I see from Kapernick (just a little inexperienced). I just see some of Harbaugh's reactions and believe it is a question of character. No reason to give him any trouble in his career.

Thanks for the support (when we don't play each other of course).
__________________
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to harrison'samonster For This Useful Post:
steelfury02 (01-27-2013)
Old 01-27-2013, 09:05 AM   #129
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter
 
steelfury02's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,502
Member Number: 6076
Thanks: 4,341
Thanked 3,969 Times in 1,920 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Harbaugh Jealousy

nice to see a 49ers fan on here - I think a lot of the people who get physically sick with our team and wish our coach to be someone he is not is a little bizarre - I think we have some groups mixed in there who take all these Rooney rule comments a little too personal and frankly, having a black coach seems to be a bit of a problem - otherwise I wouldn't see so many panties getting bunched up over what a billionaire says - seems to have touched a racial nerve where there didn't need to be one

I think some of them see Harbaugh's sideline emotions and see a young Bill Cowher and wish for it - I always found it entertaining but never directly correlated it to winning and caring about winning or losing, or having a clue about how to coach, as some seem to do

those same fans can't stand seeing Ray Lewis's camera loving antics so the jealously and wishing Tomlin would be more like the Harbaughs is really perplexing.

They are good solid coaches with a lot of years left - I won't crown either one as "the best" regardless of what happens next sunday but they are def up and coming, especially Jim IMO

I think John will be tested for the first time in his tenure starting next season. He hasn't had to deal with Joe and Ray Rice having to be "the" voices of the team and losing Lewis, and, it will be doubly hard if they win the SB - can you say not prepared to handle being the SB champs aka the target?

I for one think the Ravens are going to win because they have won and lost and been so close so many times now - after my projected win, I think they are going to take a while to get back to the form they've had over the past 2 seasons because the younger guys will have to handle more of the pressure. I want to see the Steelers motivated to humiliate the champs.
__________________

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:35 PM   #130
Lady Steel
Queen Bee
Supporter
 
Lady Steel's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 4,374
Gender: Female
Member Number: 16396
Thanks: 15,120
Thanked 5,751 Times in 2,204 Posts
My Mood: Angelic
Default Re: Harbaugh Jealousy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise408 View Post
49ers fan here - and before I get started I'll just add the disclaimer that I'm not here to talk junk or anything like that. I actually have a lot of love for the Steelers - my dad is a life long Steelers fan so I grew up in a very Steelers friendly home, and I've cheered for you guys in every Super Bowl I've been alive to watch you guys play in. The Steelers are my AFC team, and basically my #2 team behind the 49ers.

But I had to address the bold here: What top-end QB's have we struggled against?

Since Harbaugh took over, we have beaten every "elite" QB we've faced:

Drew Brees (x2, including playoffs), Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers (x2, including playoffs), Matthew Stafford (x2), Matt Ryan (playoffs), Ben Roethlisberger, Eli Manning...

So I'm not sure who all these top end QB's that we've struggled against have been... Even when Eli beat us in the NFC Championship, that was more so the Giants defense, and our own special teams, than it was struggling against Eli. I think Alex Smith had better stats than Eli that game.
Best of luck to your team in the Super Bowl. I'm begging you, PLEASE beat the Ravens!!!
Lady Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Steel For This Useful Post:
lloydwoodson (01-27-2013)
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts