Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-21-2013, 09:25 AM   #11
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,461 Times in 1,645 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Worst. Super Bowl. EVER.

If you thought his mid season Gatorade bath was bad - just wait until you see this. Next up - Suggs lathers him with oils.
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/b...6.photogallery

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:14 AM   #12
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorCAD View Post
Quote..."having to root for the Ravens"

NEVER
NEVER
NEVER
NEVER
NEVER

NEVER WILL I ROOT FOR THE RAVENS...NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So your Ok with sharing 6 titles with niners?

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:26 AM   #13
wwhickok
Starter

Member Number: 24713

Yes stb. I am. Would i rather the Broncos and Falcons be in the SB yes. But the 49ers are a classy organization. Theyre in the NFC. Theyll be the 2nd, not first team to reach six. Just like we were the first team to reach 4. I can live with it. I do NOT want to spend an entire off season listening to Thug Fans running their mouth.
SteelKid212 (01-22-2013)
Old 01-21-2013, 11:33 AM   #14
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,055 Times in 473 Posts

I like both teams because they've both demonstrated that they deserve to be in the SB.

No matter who wins, the fact that our number-one rival along with the only other team able to tie us in SB wins got there ought to be lighting a fire under the Ronney's asses and motivate them to stick a crowbar into their wallet and start investing in the future or at least to get us to the point where we can play a "modern" game.

And while they're at it, maybe they could once and for all get rid of the ridiculous "Steeler Football" paradigm which seems to be one of the biggest reasons why we tend to be spectators more than participants lately -- maybe spend some dough on a hypnotist to convince them that Mean Joe or Franco are not going to be taking the field anytime soon and that the league has changed a bit since then.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:33 AM   #15
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Quote:
Originally Posted by stb_steeler View Post
So your Ok with sharing 6 titles with niners?
Who cares if the Niners have 6 trophies? Too many people hanging on accomplishments of the past. I don't cheer for the team based on what they did in the 70s. Good for the Niners if they win another one- I just wish that Harbaugh wasn't their coach.

**** Ray Lewis. The only player I would have wanted to win the superbowl was Tony Gonzalez and he is eliminated. He got his first and only playoff win this year- that is crazy and disappointing.

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:36 AM   #16
wwhickok
Starter

Member Number: 24713

I agree on Tony Gonzalez. He will be a first ballot HOFer without a doubt. I will, as a football fan, miss Tony a lot. I wish he couldve had the opprotunity at a ring. Too many loyal years in KC.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:16 PM   #17
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,315 Times in 1,415 Posts

there's no way in hell would i ever root for that turd ray lewis to go out with super bowl ring !!

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:43 PM   #18
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackjack View Post
I don't think it could POSSIBLY get any worse. Maybe if it was Packers-Ravens. But having to root for the Ravens? Maybe this will spark our team next year to see the Rats win it all. What an awful year for the Nation.

What is wrong with the 49ers? I think they are a really exciting team. What their QB is doing is very impressive. That show Kaepernick put on against the Packers was awesome. The 49ers have a good running game...good defense... playmakers on both sides of the ball. I think they definitely deserve to be in...and I'd say they are the best team in the league this year.

The Ravens on the other hand are not a superbowl caliber team IMO. I think they got a little lucky with the matchups...and played consistent defense.... they don't make many mistakes. But their QB is weak... their defense is not dominant ...it's really good but not historic by any sense of the word... their offense is boring. The Ravens IMO represent everything that is wrong with pro sports. They have no class... their players are all about t them selves and show boating. If I have to see Ray Lewis do another dance I'll puke. The guy covered up a double murder for christe sake.. how is he not hated in the NFL? Ben gets accused of pushing him self onto a drunk girl and he's the devil... Vick kills dogs and he's worse then Hitler.... Ray Lewis helps his freinds out of a stabbing that killed 2 people...and he's the greatest LB in the league? HUH?

Not to mention their QB is a douche. The AFC is really boring this year... I thought Denver was the best team in the AFC by a long shot... but they choked. The 49ers were the best team in the NFC and they are in... So I hope they finish the job.

If the 2012 steelers played the 49ers right now...we'd be crushed. If we played the Ravens it would likely go down to the final minutes. heck it wasn't that long ago we beat them with Charlie Batch.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:50 PM   #19
CanuckCurtain
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 5020

Ravens vs 9ers superbowl hmmmmmmmmmm....maybe that would explain my volcanic salsa diarrhea problem i had last night
CanuckCurtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:53 PM   #20
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Relaxed

Anyone saying this game is evenly matched has no clue. The 49ers are far better in every aspect of the game than the Rats. The only way Lewis wins another trophy (he is the only player on the team you know according to all the prognosticators) is if the refs are paid off and call a lot of penalties on the 49ers. No way the Ratbirds are anywhere close to being even with the 9ers. Who cares if the 49ers get to 6? If that doesn't light a fire under the Steelers' butts, nothing will. The 49ers will be good for a lot of years to come. We better be ready to play or they will also be the first team to 7 SB wins.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote