Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 01-21-2013, 03:19 PM   #61
AndyWitmyer
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 14802
Default Re: Got to root for Ravens over Niners

Man, talk about being blinded by hate - I understand and actually respect the depth of competition that makes the Steelers-Ravens rivalry among the best league has ever seen - but some of the "Ratbird" statements remind of stuff I (and some of my friends) might have said in 4th or 5th grade. No offense, but holy cow. I'd rather root for a team with one ring and a rivalry, than a team with 5 going on 6 rings that I have no feeling for one way or the other.

Some of you are acting as though the "Stairway to Seven" is only just around the corner. May I remind you how long it took just to get to ring number 6? While I'm as hopeful as any other fan of the black and gold that seven is just around the corner, to blithely assume that it's no big deal if the 49ers tie us because we'll be gettin' number 7 in a year or two - well, just be careful what you wish for.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:36 PM   #62
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyWitmyer View Post
Man, talk about being blinded by hate - I understand and actually respect the depth of competition that makes the Steelers-Ravens rivalry among the best league has ever seen - but some of the "Ratbird" statements remind of stuff I (and some of my friends) might have said in 4th or 5th grade. No offense, but holy cow. I'd rather root for a team with one ring and a rivalry, than a team with 5 going on 6 rings that I have no feeling for one way or the other.

Some of you are acting as though the "Stairway to Seven" is only just around the corner. May I remind you how long it took just to get to ring number 6? While I'm as hopeful as any other fan of the black and gold that seven is just around the corner, to blithely assume that it's no big deal if the 49ers tie us because we'll be gettin' number 7 in a year or two - well, just be careful what you wish for.

Good point.
I would be willing to bet if Vegas had odds on which team would win 7 first right now, the 49ers would be a slight favorite even before this Super Bowl is played. If the 49ers win, they would definately be a favorite to get there first.

That being said. Can't cheer for the Ravens. Just can't do it.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelerchad For This Useful Post:
AndyWitmyer (01-21-2013)
Old 01-21-2013, 04:01 PM   #63
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

I got to breathe or die, I dont't got to root for the Ravens. I hate the Ravens, the Raven Players, the Raven coaches, the Raven Fans, and the Raven loving media. I am a hater, a hater of anything Raven, I hate Raven Symone, Raven haired swim suit models. I hope the 49ers beat them the worst any team has ever been beat in a SB. I hope Ray Lewis is stabbed in the tunnel by the families of his victims and they get a deal to beat the rap while exalting the Lord almighty in a way most convincing.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:28 PM   #64
BLACK_AND_YELLOW
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18312
Thanked 1,327 Times in 637 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
I got to breathe or die, I dont't got to root for the Ravens. I hate the Ravens, the Raven Players, the Raven coaches, the Raven Fans, and the Raven loving media. I am a hater, a hater of anything Raven, I hate Raven Symone, Raven haired swim suit models. I hope the 49ers beat them the worst any team has ever been beat in a SB. I hope Ray Lewis is stabbed in the tunnel by the families of his victims and they get a deal to beat the rap while exalting the Lord almighty in a way most convincing.
BLACK_AND_YELLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:32 PM   #65
Stangboy06
Water Boy

Member Number: 19069

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
I dont know, I find it hard to see B-More losing. They have so much MO and their defense shut down Brady like he was a 3rd stringer. Plus, Lewis last game ever, yah, i would find it surprising if they lose.
there gonna win for the KILLA!
Stangboy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:37 AM   #66
Wallace17
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17793

Oh my god kill me! I do not want either team to win. All i am hearing is how good flacco is. The world could of ended im december and I would have been happy. At least there is a penguins game on feb 3rd. Go ratbirds we are the only team that can call us sixburgh
Wallace17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:53 AM   #67
steelfury02
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 2,856 Times in 1,375 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
Maybe Steelers Fever Moderators and Admins can make a suggestion on what shots to down, or what medication to take for a SB pairing such as this - I usually get excited to watch the SB, no matter who is in it. It would be different if someone else was in over our hated rivals, or if they were in, but they were going up against the Falcons. To have the NFC equivalents of the Ravens and my 2nd least favorite coach go up against my most hated team - this is a BAD SB - and, honestly - I will watch it - but won't be paying close attention like I normally do - probably because of the beer and wings

All that said, let's at least keep 1 thing clear - we'll get to see 2 Harbaughs crying and whining - which is good joking material - AND 1 of them will go home heartbroken, while the other knows they had to beat their brother to do it. Seems poetic for a couple of whiners to me.

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:28 AM   #68
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,055 Times in 473 Posts

Quote:

The way I look at it is that SF may win its sixth, but we've been to eight, which is more than they can say.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:02 PM   #69
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:

Yeah SB's are hard to come by, if niners tie us guess what?. They'll be almost just as good next year unless the ole SB hangover takes affect.

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:05 PM   #70
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 4,595 Times in 1,971 Posts

i can never root for the ravens no matter what, even if the niners were playing for #7

i want to see ray lewis cry his eyeballs out in disappointment, that will make the season for me
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote