Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-23-2013, 01:46 AM   #11
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding
Default Re: Roethlisberger gives a shit

Saying is one thing. Doing is another.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Edman For This Useful Post:
BlaZeQuietly (01-23-2013), OX1947 (01-23-2013)
Old 01-23-2013, 06:37 AM   #12
VaDave
Team President

Member Number: 479
Thanked 1,619 Times in 917 Posts

This was a year where it just didn't turn out they way you drew it up on paper. Make no mistake, there was no way this was going to be a championship season, even from the get go. I had us at not more than a playoff capable team. We desended for a multitude of reasonf to playoff conteneder status, which has caused much consternation within Steeler Nation.

Some of the suggestions for improvement run the gamit from firing the office janitor, to blowing up the whole enterprise with a neutron bomb. Truth be told, we should be very greatful for the last 40 years of excellence football.
VaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:22 AM   #13
kent
Bench Warmer

Speed Racer Champion! Big Truck Adventures 3 Champion! Bejeweled Champion! Chain Reaction - Newgrounds Champion!
Member Number: 24510

Ben definitely made some mistakes this year that lost some games. He just didn't seem to have that late game magic of the past. No doubt in my mind though that he will return to form this year. He is a leader or men and it's nice to see how he's matured over his career on and off the field.
kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:08 AM   #14
lipps83
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 17725

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent View Post
Ben definitely made some mistakes this year that lost some games. He just didn't seem to have that late game magic of the past. No doubt in my mind though that he will return to form this year. He is a leader or men and it's nice to see how he's matured over his career on and off the field.
He did at the beginning of the season but not the 2nd half. I would sum that up to his shoulder and ribs were still hurting him.

Not an excuse overall, just why I think he lost that magic towards the end this year.
lipps83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:13 AM   #15
SteelerEmpire
Team President

Member Number: 14355
Thanked 1,645 Times in 760 Posts

He needs to work on his deep passing and his clutch ability has declined slightly. Other than that he's the man.

A HOUSE DIVIDED WILL FALL TO IT'S ENEMIES;
BUT IN UNITY THERE ARE 6' SUPER BOWLS !!!
SteelerEmpire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:06 AM   #16
desertsteel
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 915

Ben gets most of the credit when we win so he gets at least some of the blame when we lose.
desertsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:17 PM   #17
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn View Post
nobody gets a pass for this dreadful season

Ben threw crippling favre-esque interceptions in the bengals and cowboys game which immediately led to defeats. You can say antonio brown shouldnt fumble on a return too but that doesnt take away Bens poor play in his last few games
He stunk in the Bengals game. He was fantastic in the Cowboys game until the pick. Led a 4th quarter drive to put them up 7 before Brown and the #1 defense choked it away.

Ben is far down the list of reasons we lost in Dallas, behind Brown and the defense that let Romo complete 30-42.

The defense also choked away Tennessee and Oakland, and in Denver, Ben's 4th qtr TD to Wallace put the Steelers up 19-14 before the defense gave up 11 straight. Ben failed to lead a 2nd 4th quarter go-ahead drive.

Last edited by maddog78; 01-23-2013 at 12:27 PM.
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:02 PM   #18
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 8,080 Times in 3,411 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog78 View Post
He stunk in the Bengals game. He was fantastic in the Cowboys game until the pick. Led a 4th quarter drive to put them up 7 before Brown and the #1 defense choked it away.

Ben is far down the list of reasons we lost in Dallas, behind Brown and the defense that let Romo complete 30-42.

The defense also choked away Tennessee and Oakland, and in Denver, Ben's 4th qtr TD to Wallace put the Steelers up 19-14 before the defense gave up 11 straight. Ben failed to lead a 2nd 4th quarter go-ahead drive.
Admittedly, the defense struggled early in the season. Every part of this team has to take some blame for the outcome of this season

don't know how you can put the Dallas loss on the defense in any way. We had injured CB's.
Their only score in the 4th QT to tie the game came from a drive starting in Pittsburgh territory after a ST's fumble.
Their score to end the game in over time started on the Pittsburgh 1 yard line after we turned the ball over.
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:17 PM   #19
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaZeQuietly View Post
I really like Big Ben. He has been my favorite player ever since he busted onto the scene. His style of play, and his determination to win is unmatched by any player in the NFL in my opinion.
Why do you always have to resort to hyperbole and over-the-top claims in your postings? What proof do you have that he is the most determined player in the NFL? If he was that dedicated to winning, he might spend more time in the filmroom....

Quote:
We had a bad season this year but one person I can't blame is Ben.
Why not? Did Byron Leftwich sneak onto the field during the Chargers and Cowboys games and throw those costly pick-6's for Ben?

Quote:
Did anyone see him on the sideline when we lost to the Bengles, and knew we were out of the playoffs? His head was hung, he knew the team let down their fans, and he would not be playing in January.
OMG. So...if I go out and kill a bunch of people....and then hang my head and act all mopey afterwards-- it isn't my fault anymore?

If you think so, you may want to lay off the ass repositories and smoke a joint instead or something.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:20 PM   #20
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,179 Times in 492 Posts

Funny thing is, Ben did bring us back many of times this season. He just had to do it over and over and over again. When defense's are BLOWING leads, that means our QB, who was a 3rd and long JUGGERNAUT in the first half of the season, was making plays and givin leads. It's hard to have late game magic 2-3 times a game. When it was pretty much a washed out season, did he make some bad throws? Of course, he deserves fault where fault is due, but without Roethlisberger, we are staring at a 4-5 win season.

Appreciate Ben. Before you know it.............
maddog78 (01-23-2013)