Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2013 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-21-2013, 05:16 PM   #11
WokeUpWithaWoodley
Team Captain

Member Number: 24000
Default Re: Which WR would you want drafted by the Steelers?

I would rather have hunter over Patterson. 6-4 reminds me of aj green coming out of college. I really like Quitton Patton in round 2-3 I believe he would fit the system really well.

And in 6-7 round marquise Goodwin from Texas very fast and great returner basically would just be the return guy.
WokeUpWithaWoodley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:15 PM   #12
cbrunn
Starter

Member Number: 23984

DeAndre Hopkins
Justin Hunter
Cobi Hamilton

are my favorite 1-3 round WR

Also I believe Patterson could become the first WR drafted ... he will blow up at the combine
cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:07 AM   #13
PhantomJB93
Head Coach

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Yeehaw

DO NOT DRAFT MARCUS DAVIS - I am a HUGE Hokie fan and he is not someone you want to see in the black and gold. Mike Wallace 2.0. Dude is an elite receiver prospect and could have been a first rounder if he had a better work ethic but is really lazy, I mean REALLY lazy with route running and especially blocking.

Only one I'd be okay with in the first round is Cordarrelle Patterson, and then Justin Hunter or Keenan Allen if they dropped into the second wouldn't be bad either. As long as it's somebody with good size, the last thing we need right now is to spend an early pick on another speedy sub-6' receiver.
PhantomJB93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:46 AM   #14
WokeUpWithaWoodley
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
DO NOT DRAFT MARCUS DAVIS - I am a HUGE Hokie fan and he is not someone you want to see in the black and gold. Mike Wallace 2.0. Dude is an elite receiver prospect and could have been a first rounder if he had a better work ethic but is really lazy, I mean REALLY lazy with route running and especially blocking.

Only one I'd be okay with in the first round is Cordarrelle Patterson, and then Justin Hunter or Keenan Allen if they dropped into the second wouldn't be bad either. As long as it's somebody with good size, the last thing we need right now is to spend an early pick on another speedy sub-6' receiver.
I agree reports from davis at the east west game werent good

Also I agree we neef some one 6-2 or bigger with a good frame. But quitton patton who im very high on is a 6' foot guy who will be good in the haley scheme. Look for him this week at the senior bowl
Old 01-23-2013, 11:15 AM   #15
Steeldude
Living Legend

I hope they don't waste a pick on a WR in the first 3 rounds
bhandsome08 (01-23-2013)
Old 01-23-2013, 03:07 PM   #16
Justp94
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 21937

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
I hope they don't waste a pick on a WR in the first 3 rounds
Why not? All of our Wide Receivers declined in 2012. Wallace is most likely gone with our cap situation and there's only so much bringing back Burress would do for us. Plus, we NEED more of an Explosive Offense so Ben can thrive and be the Elite Quarterback we know he can be. By picking a WR in the 2nd or 3rd round that has a lot of talent and a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round that has a lot of Talent then our Offense could actually be good for once and we'd have a chance to be a lot better. Look at how badly Baltimore's defense played this year and yet they're in the Superbowl and we aren't. It's because they have an offense with many weapons, Ray Rice, Bernard Pierce, Boldin, Smith, Pitta. People always say Defense win championships and that's true to a point, however without a dominant offense to help your defense it's pointless. The Ravens defense sucked this year, but made stops and big plays when it mattered to Win games, something the Steelers have been known to do in the past but haven't been able to do as of late. Having a moderate defense like we have now for 2013 would be okay, as long as the players are able to make key plays like they're paid to do. Plus drafting a Defensive Stud in the 1st round and another good defensive player in the 4th round, like a safety, we would slightly improve our defense while also dramatically improving our offense if those high offensive draft picks perform at a high level.

Projected WRs for 2013:
Antonio Brown
Emmanuel Sanders
Jericho Cotchery
Plexico Burress
Draft Pick
Reserve Player

My Mock Draft and Mock Draft 2.0 are in my Signature. I have a WR in the Top 3 in both of them.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:52 PM   #17
bhandsome08
Water Boy

Member Number: 24495

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justp94 View Post
Why not? All of our Wide Receivers declined in 2012. Wallace is most likely gone with our cap situation and there's only so much bringing back Burress would do for us. Plus, we NEED more of an Explosive Offense so Ben can thrive and be the Elite Quarterback we know he can be. By picking a WR in the 2nd or 3rd round that has a lot of talent and a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round that has a lot of Talent then our Offense could actually be good for once and we'd have a chance to be a lot better. Look at how badly Baltimore's defense played this year and yet they're in the Superbowl and we aren't. It's because they have an offense with many weapons, Ray Rice, Bernard Pierce, Boldin, Smith, Pitta. People always say Defense win championships and that's true to a point, however without a dominant offense to help your defense it's pointless. The Ravens defense sucked this year, but made stops and big plays when it mattered to Win games, something the Steelers have been known to do in the past but haven't been able to do as of late. Having a moderate defense like we have now for 2013 would be okay, as long as the players are able to make key plays like they're paid to do. Plus drafting a Defensive Stud in the 1st round and another good defensive player in the 4th round, like a safety, we would slightly improve our defense while also dramatically improving our offense if those high offensive draft picks perform at a high level.

Projected WRs for 2013:
Antonio Brown
Emmanuel Sanders
Jericho Cotchery
Plexico Burress
Draft Pick
Reserve Player

My Mock Draft and Mock Draft 2.0 are in my Signature. I have a WR in the Top 3 in both of them.
We do need to draft a WR, But just not someone in the first 3 rounds. I think the current receivers will be good enough.
bhandsome08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:29 PM   #18
WokeUpWithaWoodley
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhandsome08 View Post
We do need to draft a WR, But just not someone in the first 3 rounds. I think the current receivers will be good enough.
They weren't good enough last what makes you think they will be good this year especially without a deep threat(Wallace)
Old 01-23-2013, 06:56 PM   #19
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,138 Times in 3,917 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WokeUpWithaWoodley View Post
They weren't good enough last what makes you think they will be good this year especially without a deep threat(Wallace)
Adjusting to a new scheme and they were hurt. Those two things together pretty much spell doom for any WR core.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
bhandsome08 (01-23-2013)
Old 01-23-2013, 07:47 PM   #20
WokeUpWithaWoodley
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Adjusting to a new scheme and they were hurt. Those two things together pretty much spell doom for any WR core.
Fumbles and a lot of dropped passes in important moments