Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 01-23-2013, 01:43 PM   #71
4G63
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 11584
Default Re: Got to root for Ravens over Niners

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan View Post
No way the Ratbirds will win. That defense is going to knock unibrow into next week. Doesn't matter what their defense does. Flacco will be on his backo so much he will never be able to even get a pass away. The Ratbirds are totally outmatched in this one. Not even close. Unless there is a conspiracy and the refs let the Ratbirds win so Ray Lewis can go out on a winning note. I sure hope not. There were some horrendous non-calls in that Atlanta game yesterday. No way the 49ers should be in it. Didn't watch the other game. Had no desire to watch them. The only reason I am going to watch the Super Bowl is a good friend of mine who is a 49er fan (no accounting for taste) is having a Super Bowl party. PARTY, PARTY, PARTY. Who cares who wins. I hope they play to a tie that they can never break. Game goes on for hours and hours and hours and never ends. So they make the Harbaugh brothers go out in a cage match to break the tie. Oh well, it was a good thought any way.
Based on what? The Broncos had the best pass rush/most sacks this year and only managed one coverage sack in overtime. Flacco was sacked once against the Patriots. Hate to break it to you but the current arrangement of the O-line has been phenomenal this post season and I don't foresee the 49'ers fairing much better. We'll obviously see though...
4G63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:31 PM   #72
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,288 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
Based on what? The Broncos had the best pass rush/most sacks this year and only managed one coverage sack in overtime. Flacco was sacked once against the Patriots. Hate to break it to you but the current arrangement of the O-line has been phenomenal this post season and I don't foresee the 49'ers fairing much better. We'll obviously see though...
aldon smith is gonna eat flacco's lunch
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:07 PM   #73
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
You can dream all you want. The 49ers defense is much better than the Broncos defense. There is no comparison between the two. Flacco will be flustered into many mistakes. Count on it.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:33 PM   #74
BritishSteel
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 878

Asking whether to root for The Fake Browns and the 69ers is a bit like asking whether you'd prefer being kicked in the nuts or punched in the face.

I'll go with the 'who the fuck cares' and watch re-runs of The Rockford Files.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:18 PM   #75
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

Like me some James Garner, a man's man.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:32 PM   #76
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,094 Times in 3,894 Posts

Don't compare the Patriots front 7 to the 49ers front 7. Vince Wilfork and Chandler Jones are very good, yes, but other than that, they're young and inexperienced. Aldon Smith and Justin Smith along with Bowman and Willis will be able to get to Flacco - don't kid yourself. They're going to have to adjust their gameplan to fit the pass rush that the 9ers possess or they're going to get their shit pumped.

I hope that Oher doesn't start at LT because Aldon Smith will take him on a date, make him pay for dinner and then bend him over at the end of it.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:34 PM   #77
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 7,963 Times in 3,374 Posts

49ers defense is a lot better than the Pats. But if the Ravens can protect the ball they've got a chance.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:34 PM   #78
i82much
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11562

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan View Post
You can dream all you want. The 49ers defense is much better than the Broncos defense. There is no comparison between the two. Flacco will be flustered into many mistakes. Count on it.
Not picking on you, but it took me about 20 seconds to find these in your post history:

"Rooting for the Broncos because I have a lot of family and friends that live in the Denver area and are fans. Can't stand Ratbirds ... Ratbirds will get their butts kicked."

"Hate Ratbirds number 1. Hate Patsies number 2. I hope they kill each other and whoever wins can barely limp into the Super Bowl. The reality is that the Ratbirds are going to get creamed by New England."

Just sayin'.
i82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:39 PM   #79
WokeUpWithaWoodley
Team Captain

Member Number: 24000

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Don't compare the Patriots front 7 to the 49ers front 7. Vince Wilfork and Chandler Jones are very good, yes, but other than that, they're young and inexperienced. Aldon Smith and Justin Smith along with Bowman and Willis will be able to get to Flacco - don't kid yourself. They're going to have to adjust their gameplan to fit the pass rush that the 9ers possess or they're going to get their shit pumped.

I hope that Oher doesn't start at LT because Aldon Smith will take him on a date, make him pay for dinner and then bend him over at the end of it.
Ohers been playing rt.

I'm for the niners. I don't want to see Lewis preaching and cryin for 4 months. Th niners had 5 when we had 4 so I doesn't bother me they will have only tried us, it's not like there going for seven. As a steelers fan you can't want the ravens to win.
WokeUpWithaWoodley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:43 PM   #80
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,094 Times in 3,894 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WokeUpWithaWoodley View Post
Ohers been playing rt.

I'm for the niners. I don't want to see Lewis preaching and cryin for 4 months. Th niners had 5 when we had 4 so I doesn't bother me they will have only tried us, it's not like there going for seven. As a steelers fan you can't want the ravens to win.
McKinnie is playing LT? I don't know, that seems like a sideways move to me.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote