Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-23-2013, 01:24 PM   #21
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,473 Times in 2,751 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Roethlisberger gives a shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle_Of_Steel View Post
OMG. So...if I go out and kill a bunch of people....and then hang my head and act all mopey afterwards-- it isn't my fault anymore?
only if you settle for a few million like ray lewis did
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:31 PM   #22
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
Admittedly, the defense struggled early in the season. Every part of this team has to take some blame for the outcome of this season

don't know how you can put the Dallas loss on the defense in any way. We had injured CB's.
Their only score in the 4th QT to tie the game came from a drive starting in Pittsburgh territory after a ST's fumble.
Their score to end the game in over time started on the Pittsburgh 1 yard line after we turned the ball over.
The offense had injured linemen. Injuries happen. if LeBeau's schemes are worthless unless all 11 starters are healthy, we need a new DC.

Dallas' offensive line was a mess and the Steelers didn't get a sniff all game. They stunk on D.
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:46 PM   #23
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog78 View Post
The offense had injured linemen. Injuries happen. if LeBeau's schemes are worthless unless all 11 starters are healthy, we need a new DC.

Dallas' offensive line was a mess and the Steelers didn't get a sniff all game. They stunk on D.
Unfortunately true. I recall before the Dallas game, rubbing my hands together, expecting a big game out of Woodley and Harrison, with Dallas having only 1 starter on their Oline. With all of our starting front 7 in there, and Dallas having an Oline filled with 2nd and 3rd stringers-- we generated 0 sacks and like 2 hurries.

I am not one of those who thinks our defense "stinks" or anything, but it sure does need in influx of youth and some adjustments to the sceme.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:52 PM   #24
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 9,008 Times in 3,721 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog78 View Post

I didn't say that Lebeau's schemes are worthless without all 11 starters healthy. The steelers gave up one drive that covered 80 yards.

Other than that they gave up a 50 yard field goal (1st Qtr)
They gave up a TD on a drive that started at the PIT 42 yrd line (2nd Qtr, after we go 3 and out)
3rd QTR: They go three and out, we go three and out, then they have their long drive.
4th QTR: They get one 1st down, then punt away -- Special teams fumbles back to them and their drive starts on OUR side.
Overtime: Their winning drive started on OUR 1 yard line

Stunk?

This is the last post I'm doing about the Defense on this thread, there are already other threads on the D, sorry for stealing the thread!
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to harrison'samonster For This Useful Post:
lloydwoodson (01-23-2013)
Old 01-23-2013, 02:17 PM   #25
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 20,786 Times in 8,647 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
Funny thing is, Ben did bring us back many of times this season. He just had to do it over and over and over again. When defense's are BLOWING leads, that means our QB, who was a 3rd and long JUGGERNAUT in the first half of the season, was making plays and givin leads. It's hard to have late game magic 2-3 times a game. When it was pretty much a washed out season, did he make some bad throws? Of course, he deserves fault where fault is due, but without Roethlisberger, we are staring at a 4-5 win season.

Appreciate Ben. Before you know it.............
Trust me, I appreciate BB. There was no one happier in April 2004 than I was.

BUT... he is not without fault.

The Tennessee & the Oakland games are generally the games people point to, when they blame the defense. And, the defense deserves blame. BUT, so does the offense. In the Tennessee game, they had a blocked kick, and there were a couple of key fumbles in the Oakland game.

Most importantly, in order to seal the victory, in each of those games, BB needed to complete a third-down conversion. Not a long pass; not a TD; but, a simple third-down conversion. In both instances, BB overthrew (or overlooked) an open Heath Miller... which resulted in a punt, and the defense giving up the winning score. If those third-downs are completed, the defense never has to even walk onto the field.

Make sense?

The line between 8-1 and 6-3 is as simple as two throws... just as the line between 4-5 and 6-3 is as simple as BB bailing out the defense.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
tanda10506 (01-23-2013)
Old 01-23-2013, 02:32 PM   #26
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Trust me, I appreciate BB. There was no one happier in April 2004 than I was.

BUT... he is not without fault.

The Tennessee & the Oakland games are generally the games people point to, when they blame the defense. And, the defense deserves blame. BUT, so does the offense. In the Tennessee game, they had a blocked kick, and there were a couple of key fumbles in the Oakland game.

Most importantly, in order to seal the victory, in each of those games, BB needed to complete a third-down conversion. Not a long pass; not a TD; but, a simple third-down conversion. In both instances, BB overthrew (or overlooked) an open Heath Miller... which resulted in a punt, and the defense giving up the winning score. If those third-downs are completed, the defense never has to even walk onto the field.

Make sense?

The line between 8-1 and 6-3 is as simple as two throws... just as the line between 4-5 and 6-3 is as simple as BB bailing out the defense.
More like 1-8 if Ben doesn't lead the league in 3rd down passing before he got hurt.
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:00 PM   #27
torpedoshell31
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24438

2 plays in the Ravens-Pats game is why I prefer Ben over Tom Brady. The first is on Brady's leg up in the air slide against Ed Reed. This was a crucial 3rd down play and Brady safely slid down instead of trying to get the first down. Ben would have at least tried to run over Reed for the first down.
The second play was late in the game and the Pats had once last chance facing a 4th down deep in Ravens territory. While facing pressure, Brady simply threw the ball out of the end zone on 4th down rather than risk getting hit on the play. Ben might have thrown a pick, might have tried to run for the first down, or completed a pass on the play. One thing he wouldn't have done is quit on the play and ultimately quit on the game like Brady did.
torpedoshell31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:03 PM   #28
BlaZeQuietly
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 18219

Quote:
Why do you always have to resort to hyperbole and over-the-top claims in your postings? What proof do you have that he is the most determined player in the NFL? If he was that dedicated to winning, he might spend more time in the filmroom....

Why not? Did Byron Leftwich sneak onto the field during the Chargers and Cowboys games and throw those costly pick-6's for Ben?

OMG. So...if I go out and kill a bunch of people....and then hang my head and act all mopey afterwards-- it isn't my fault anymore?

If you think so, you may want to lay off the ass repositories and smoke a joint instead or something.
Quit tearing apart every damn thing I say do I need to make a sig bet with you and force you to put something humiliating in your signature to get you off my back you negative nancy?
Old 01-23-2013, 11:22 PM   #29
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Quote:
If you think so, you may want to lay off the ass repositories and smoke a joint instead or something.
"repositories"

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote