Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-24-2013, 11:55 AM   #61
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,138 Times in 3,917 Posts
Default Re: Wes Welker's wife rants about Ray Lewis

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSxViper View Post
I knew in typical fashion you would dance around this, and you are on Ravens boards, I've seen your posts. I'm in the NFL section here, not Steelers and have a right to comment in this thread. You better read up further on Ben's rape charges. His high profile and $ helped him avoid 3 different rape charges. Obviously he's a loser in his personal life or has been at different times. Rape? Give me a break. One charge, maybe a lie, But three? If you are so stupid to think he had no part or was not in any way wrong in any of them, then you can live in your fantasy world. He was suspended for 6 games so obviously the NFL was disturbed by his conduct. Ray Lewis deserves the recognition for his achievements and professionalism in the NFL. And if he choses to be thankful and emotional, so be it.
So, I'm not on Ravens' boards but nice try.

What am I dancing around? I answered everything directly.

Yep, he was accused of rape which is a very serious accusation. You seem to know more than the police, though, because you have very in-depth knowledge of the situation that Ben was in. Man, you should go to the police with this knowledge you have.

Rape is a serious accusation, but so is murder. I'm done with this thread because this is getting ridiculous. The double-standard that you're talking about is laughable. Ben wasn't convicted and there was absolutely 0 evidence that a crime was committed, but Ray was convicted and threw his buddies under the bus to avoid a murder charge.

Me guessing about Ray's murder charge is about as accurate as you guessing about Ben's rape charge. How about we let this thing go, ya?
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:59 AM   #62
CTSxViper
Banned

Member Number: 20864

[QUOTE=SteelersCanada;1080569]So, I'm not on Ravens' boards but nice try.

QUOTE]

No need to lie.... Here's the thread and your responses. And I've seen you on others. Let's at least be honest. I am on here on a regular basis and don't hide it. You were on there in November.

http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/to...a#entry1218119
CTSxViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:00 PM   #63
CTSxViper
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post

What am I dancing around? I answered everything directly.

Yep, he was accused of rape which is a very serious accusation. You seem to know more than the police, though, because you have very in-depth knowledge of the situation that Ben was in. Man, you should go to the police with this knowledge you have.

Rape is a serious accusation, but so is murder. I'm done with this thread because this is getting ridiculous. The double-standard that you're talking about is laughable. Ben wasn't convicted and there was absolutely 0 evidence that a crime was committed, but Ray was convicted and threw his buddies under the bus to avoid a murder charge.

Me guessing about Ray's murder charge is about as accurate as you guessing about Ben's rape charge. How about we let this thing go, ya?

And I agree to let it go. We disagree and that's cool.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #64
GMU Steeler
Team Owner

Member Number: 16173

Okay, I am not going to defend Roethlisberger's past but let's make things clear here. He was never charged with rape. Accused, yes but there is a difference. Anyhow, I think it's pretty funny that Welker's wife is ripping on Lewis for the multiple kids with multiple women thing considering her husband's QB did the same exact thing. Personally, I find Ray Lewis annoying. Respect his talents as a great ILB but I don't like his act. It's not only because he's a Raven. I mean part of it I admit is personal bias which is inevitable in topics like these but I do think it's silly too. Okay, seeing that you guys agreed to let it go and I will too.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:07 PM   #65
CTSxViper
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMU Steeler View Post
Okay, I am not going to defend Roethlisberger's past but let's make things clear here. He was never charged with rape. Accused, yes but there is a difference. Anyhow, I think it's pretty funny that Welker's wife is ripping on Lewis for the multiple kids with multiple women thing considering her husband's QB did the same exact thing. Personally, I find Ray Lewis annoying. Respect his talents as a great ILB but I don't like his act. It's not only because he's a Raven. I mean part of it I admit is personal bias which is inevitable in topics like these but I do think it's silly too. Okay, seeing that you guys agreed to let it go and I will too.
Respect your opinion, and thanks. I do think he is a little over dramatic, but I am not in his head or feeling what he is feeling. But I agree and appreciate your post.. Thanks!
Old 01-24-2013, 12:31 PM   #66
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 7,966 Times in 3,375 Posts

Actually, I counter Ray's dances with an equally irritating dance of my own while all my dogs are watching. They think I dance better.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:48 PM   #67
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,138 Times in 3,917 Posts

[QUOTE=CTSxViper;1080570]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post

QUOTE]

No need to lie.... Here's the thread and your responses. And I've seen you on others. Let's at least be honest. I am on here on a regular basis and don't hide it. You were on there in November.

http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/to...a#entry1218119
Yep, then I got a 'warning' for trolling, despite the fact that I was paying a compliment. Thin-skinned moderators, apparently.

I'm not on there anymore, and I had a few posts, none of which had anything to do with this topic or trying to stir shit up. Maybe I misspoke, but I haven't been on there since I was given a 'stern warning' by one of the mods. Eh, no harm no foul.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:07 PM   #68
CTSxViper
Banned

[QUOTE=SteelersCanada;1080583]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSxViper View Post

Yep, then I got a 'warning' for trolling, despite the fact that I was paying a compliment. Thin-skinned moderators, apparently.

I'm not on there anymore, and I had a few posts, none of which had anything to do with this topic or trying to stir shit up. Maybe I misspoke, but I haven't been on there since I was given a 'stern warning' by one of the mods. Eh, no harm no foul.
No worries, thanks for the clarification....
Old 01-25-2013, 04:49 PM   #69
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

The thing with Lewis is if, and I mean if he is a changed man then he should come clean about what happened the night two men lost their lives. What happened to his white suit? He was charged not just accused as in the case of Ben, who BTW had tests done to try and prove rape and all tests were inconclusive or negative. If he is truly a born again man then "do the right thing" and give those grieving families some closure. I just respect a man like Tebow who does his thing low key, and so far has held up under media scrutiny. Lewis is so far over the top that quite frankly he sickens my stomach. His act is done more for the camera than anything else, at least the fired up dance and speech. You dont like my opinions of your superstar than don't come on a Steeler board. I still give him props as a top 5 Lber maybe even #2 behind LT, never going to like him as a person.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:35 PM   #70
BleedPurple
Starter

Member Number: 19142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
The thing with Lewis is if, and I mean if he is a changed man then he should come clean about what happened the night two men lost their lives. What happened to his white suit? He was charged not just accused as in the case of Ben, who BTW had tests done to try and prove rape and all tests were inconclusive or negative. If he is truly a born again man then "do the right thing" and give those grieving families some closure. I just respect a man like Tebow who does his thing low key, and so far has held up under media scrutiny. Lewis is so far over the top that quite frankly he sickens my stomach. His act is done more for the camera than anything else, at least the fired up dance and speech. You dont like my opinions of your superstar than don't come on a Steeler board. I still give him props as a top 5 Lber maybe even #2 behind LT, never going to like him as a person.
Since your judgments are based completely on not knowing him and not bothering to even google his contributions following that night, you can hold on to your blind hatred if it helps you justify not liking Ray because he is a Raven.

Here's what I know: two men died that night, men who were starting fights in the club by breaking bottles over peoples heads, who were drug dealers and were indirectly responsible for Lewis' limo being shot 6 times. Lewis was NEVER tried for murder. He was charged to induce his testimony against his codefendents, and the charges were dropped.

The other defendents in the case were acquitted as the homicide was determined to be self defense. That was the truth as 12 jurors saw it 13 years ago. . . why do you think you know more about the case than those 12 men and women did? The truth is, the jury got it right after the first trial, and Lewis has nothing to come clean about.

You will no doubt counter by asking where the suit it. Well, since blood was found in his limo and no one disputes that the codefendents stabbed the victims, a bloody suit tells us nothing we don't already know: Lewis was there, and was likely touched by his friends after they stabbed the victims.

PS: Tim Tebow is about as subtle as a jumbo jet on the freeway.
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote