Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-26-2013, 05:59 PM   #31
Steelers5895
Starter

Member Number: 23994
Default Re: Anyone worth Trading?

Woodley is a one dimensional LB and that one dimension has been missing for 2 seasons. he got his money and has been down hill ever since.

he is terrible in space, terrible covering and when was the last run stuff for a loss you seen? If he doesnt get to the QB he is useless. and thats all he gets is a sack. ever see a strip from him? once on a desperation play at the end of super bowl 43 with kurt warner in the pocket for about 8 seconds,not like he blew up the play.

i would take anything for him. id keep harrison over him
Old 01-26-2013, 07:19 PM   #32
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15679

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
Huh

Would that mean working hard?
When has he not played hard?
mikegrimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:36 PM   #33
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 25,521 Times in 10,354 Posts
My Mood: Dead

I'd trade Steeley McBeam for some self respect.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:11 AM   #34
Steeldude
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegrimey View Post
When has he not played hard?
Watch the games. He doesn't play to the whistle. Rarely does he venture to the other side of the field. You, like many fans, are fooled by a few sacks. There is more to being a LB than sacks.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:14 AM   #35
Steeldude
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers5895 View Post
Woodley is a one dimensional LB and that one dimension has been missing for 2 seasons. he got his money and has been down hill ever since.

he is terrible in space, terrible covering and when was the last run stuff for a loss you seen? If he doesnt get to the QB he is useless. and thats all he gets is a sack. ever see a strip from him? once on a desperation play at the end of super bowl 43 with kurt warner in the pocket for about 8 seconds,not like he blew up the play.

He is probably the most overrated player on the Steelers.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:57 AM   #36
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15679

Quote:
Watch the games. He doesn't play to the whistle. Rarely does he venture to the other side of the field. You, like many fans, are fooled by a few sacks. There is more to being a LB than sacks.
I do watch the games silly, and nice assuming what I think, too bad u know nothing anout it. I ask again, when doesn't he play hard?
mikegrimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:51 AM   #37
WokeUpWithaWoodley
Team Captain

Member Number: 24000

Quote:
A lot of players in the nfl wont play "to the whistle" when the play isn't going there way, that's a common act among players around the league. So it's unfair to say he doesn't play to the whistle because when he rushes he doesn't let up also when run plays are directed his way he takes on his blocker and has a chance to make a play on the ball carrier.

And you judge outside linebackers in a 3-4 by there sacks, because those are the guys that are suppose to get sacks and pressures that's there main responsibility. Woodley since he signed has been slowed by injuries to his hamstrings and ankles which are big components to the body that pass rushers use to get leverage, power, and speed. Before those injuries he was having a terrific year for himself.

When healthy I would love to have Woodley on the steelers and would not consider trading him.
WokeUpWithaWoodley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:57 PM   #38
Steelers5895
Starter

Member Number: 23994

Quote:
Originally Posted by WokeUpWithaWoodley View Post
A lot of players in the nfl wont play "to the whistle" when the play isn't going there way, that's a common act among players around the league. So it's unfair to say he doesn't play to the whistle because when he rushes he doesn't let up also when run plays are directed his way he takes on his blocker and has a chance to make a play on the ball carrier.

And you judge outside linebackers in a 3-4 by there sacks, because those are the guys that are suppose to get sacks and pressures that's there main responsibility. Woodley since he signed has been slowed by injuries to his hamstrings and ankles which are big components to the body that pass rushers use to get leverage, power, and speed. Before those injuries he was having a terrific year for himself.

When healthy I would love to have Woodley on the steelers and would not consider trading him.
those injuries are from not being in playing shape. You never seen those injuries from any of our other OLBs over the years.

the 3-4 OLB is not only for rushing the QB, they also need to know when NOT to rush the QB. That was why kendrell bell couldnt grasp it as an OLB.

Woodley ONLY goes after the QB and allows rbs to go by him and TEs to get a free release.

Add injuries to his deteriotating skill set and I say get rid of him.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:49 PM   #39
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,353 Times in 3,501 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers5895 View Post

he had a couple years where he led the league in tackles for yardage lost. he is great when he's actually in shape. the dude's just gotten lazy and that needs to change.

with that said, he's underachieved this year, i expect more out of him next year or he very well can be gone. i guess you can say he's on the hot seat and deservedly so
WVABE (01-28-2013)
Old 01-28-2013, 08:19 PM   #40
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,273 Times in 645 Posts

JPP only had 6.5 sacks this year, I guess he is overrated too.
OX1947 is online now   Reply With Quote