Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-26-2013, 01:08 PM   #71
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718
Default Re: Wes Welker's wife rants about Ray Lewis

First Purple I would like to read where you get these interesting "facts". I have read reports from Sports Illustrated and just recently from pro Football weekly and none of the incidents you stated were even mentioned. I even read that the limo driver testified that Ray told everyone to keep their mouths shut, not what I would expect from a victim shot 6 times. As far as Tebow his Faith in God is much less prevalent to the camera than Ray, now if the media rants about it constantly on Sportscenter that is different, but as far as interviews it is no comparison. You are right about one thing I do not know if he has really changed, I was just stating the obvious and that is if he is changed then he should not mind revealing what really happened that night. And BTW I would hate him if he was a Steeler, I did not like Joey Porter much for his antics, so why would I like Ray.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:48 PM   #72
torpedoshell31
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24438

I hate Ray Lewis and the Ravens and hope they lose by 50 points in the Super Bowl. Having said that, back to Mrs. Welker's comments about family values. This is a girl who has made a living posing nearly nude for magazines and winning Hooters contests. I mean she isn't exactly Anne of Green Gables.
torpedoshell31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:57 PM   #73
Lady Steel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 16396
Thanked 6,662 Times in 2,543 Posts
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedPurple View Post
The other defendents in the case were acquitted as the homicide was determined to be self defense. That was the truth as 12 jurors saw it 13 years ago. . . why do you think you know more about the case than those 12 men and women did? The truth is, the jury got it right after the first trial, and Lewis has nothing to come clean about.
Like the jurors in the OJ Simpson trial got it right?

Maybe Ray Lewis' "contributions" to society have been made out of guilt. You know, to kind of redeem himself or make himself feel all better. Or maybe not. Don't really care. The guy is a snitching bitch.
Lady Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:09 PM   #74
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,487 Times in 3,732 Posts

Quote:
Since your judgments are based completely on not knowing him and not bothering to even google his contributions following that night, you can hold on to your blind hatred if it helps you justify not liking Ray because he is a Raven.

Here's what I know: two men died that night, men who were starting fights in the club by breaking bottles over peoples heads, who were drug dealers and were indirectly responsible for Lewis' limo being shot 6 times. Lewis was NEVER tried for murder. He was charged to induce his testimony against his codefendents, and the charges were dropped.

The other defendents in the case were acquitted as the homicide was determined to be self defense. That was the truth as 12 jurors saw it 13 years ago. . . why do you think you know more about the case than those 12 men and women did? The truth is, the jury got it right after the first trial, and Lewis has nothing to come clean about.

You will no doubt counter by asking where the suit it. Well, since blood was found in his limo and no one disputes that the codefendents stabbed the victims, a bloody suit tells us nothing we don't already know: Lewis was there, and was likely touched by his friends after they stabbed the victims.

PS: Tim Tebow is about as subtle as a jumbo jet on the freeway.
No - I will counter by asking if you believe Ray-Ray settled the civil suits brought by the families of the deceased because he is a nice guy?

Traces of Baker’s blood were discovered inside Lewis’s stretch limousine, and the white suit he had been wearing that night was never found.

“I’m not trying to end my career like this,” Lewis said that night, according to one witness’s testimony....

Four years after the killings, Lewis settled two civil suits for undisclosed sums, although it is believed that Richard’s fiancee, KellyeSmith, who was pregnant with their daughter when Richard died, received at least $1 million. Baker’s late grandmother — he wasn’t married and had no children, and his parents had died before his own death — also is thought to have received about $1 million in a settlement. The settlements reportedly included a confidentiality clause.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...5e7_story.html

Paying out $2 million is a lot - OJ lost his civil suit after being acquitted in the criminal case - maybe an attorney more competent than the DA who indicted Lewis would have achieved a similar outcome if Lewis had not paid big $$$ to maintain the cover-up
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:05 PM   #75
Unkindness
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24512

Ray Lewis is a great player. I think people can find redemption. I am a Christian and firmly believe God forgives all sin. However, we are subject to the laws of society.

Do I think Ray Lewis' killed anyone? No. But, I do think he knows what happened. He danced around it, covered it up and frankly-lucked out getting out of it fairly unscathed.

Worst of all, two mothers out there do not know who murdered their sons because of Ray Lewis' actions. I think he has changed, but I still believe that about this event. He has taken the steps required by the law in this event, but its still a mark on his career.

Let's not forget that Ben has had serious charges leveled against him. The victim ultimately did not want to press charges. She was afraid of the media storm. It's quote possible Ben encouraged this decision financially. In any event, its a shame she didn't pursue. Sex crimes are often not prosecuted because the victim is afraid of the process and publicity.
Unkindness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:28 PM   #76
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

The only thing about Ben is no evidence of any kind could even bear out an arrest. First time he was accused I firmly believe she was a nut job in it for the money, hence waiting 1 year and a day to avoid criminal charges and only a civil suit. The emails and comments to friends of hoping for a "little Ben" tell a story of its on. The second time is purely a he said, she said scenario. Unprotected sex in a very enclosed space and no DNA evidence to even get an arrest, hard for me to believe. Next Ben does not go about spouting born again doing Gods work speeches. I know he is not a saint, and could very well be a scum sucking stalker, but no hard evidence to prove it. Ray could be genuine, not our place to say, but like you alluded to he knew something and to this day he has kept mum either for his own protection or for his friends. I just get so sick of his same ole shtick.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:07 PM   #77
BleedPurple
Starter

Member Number: 19142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkindness View Post
Worst of all, two mothers out there do not know who murdered their sons because of Ray Lewis' actions.
I do not know for the life of me why this lie is perpetuated. Please see article below, or google the result of the trial at your convenience.

"The companions subsequently were acquitted on grounds of self-defense; it was suggested, though never proved, that the two men killed threatened Lewis' group with a gun."

12 men and women acquitted on the basis of SELF-DEFENSE. this means that we do know who perpetrated the homicide--Lewis' co-defendents. There is not some mystery killer running around out there, the jury decided that the defendents stabbed the victims in self defense.

http://espn.go.com/espn/playbook/sto...t-field-legacy
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:18 PM   #78
BleedPurple
Starter

Member Number: 19142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
No - I will counter by asking if you believe Ray-Ray settled the civil suits brought by the families of the deceased because he is a nice guy?

Traces of Bakerís blood were discovered inside Lewisís stretch limousine, and the white suit he had been wearing that night was never found.

ďIím not trying to end my career like this,Ē Lewis said that night, according to one witnessís testimony....

Four years after the killings, Lewis settled two civil suits for undisclosed sums, although it is believed that Richardís fiancee, KellyeSmith, who was pregnant with their daughter when Richard died, received at least $1 million. Bakerís late grandmother ó he wasnít married and had no children, and his parents had died before his own death ó also is thought to have received about $1 million in a settlement. The settlements reportedly included a confidentiality clause.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...5e7_story.html

Paying out $2 million is a lot - OJ lost his civil suit after being acquitted in the criminal case - maybe an attorney more competent than the DA who indicted Lewis would have achieved a similar outcome if Lewis had not paid big $$$ to maintain the cover-up
Suits are settled out of court all the time. Maybe because of the company he kept Ray did feel responsible, maybe he just wanted to avoid a second media circus surrounding this event, or maybe he just doesn't care about the money. Maybe $2M is a lot to you, but it is not to Ray Lewis, considering in his career he has signed over $100M in contract deals alone, not to mention commercial endorsements, public appearances, royalties, etc.
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:38 PM   #79
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,487 Times in 3,732 Posts

Quote:
Suits are settled out of court all the time. Maybe because of the company he kept Ray did feel responsible, maybe he just wanted to avoid a second media circus surrounding this event, or maybe he just doesn't care about the money. Maybe $2M is a lot to you, but it is not to Ray Lewis, considering in his career he has signed over $100M in contract deals alone, not to mention commercial endorsements, public appearances, royalties, etc.
Yep - 95% of civil cases usually settle before trial ( my knowledge on that subject may be at least equal to yours). Wrongful death actions raerly if ever settle for $2 million if the case is bogus

My point is that $2 million is real money and is not simply something to "avoid the costs of trial" (my knowledge on that also may be at least equal to yours) - Ray Ray was never exactly Peyton Manning when it came to big $ endorsement deals he could use to pay that amount back in 2004 (gee I wonder why -must be racism)

Ray Ray had a tremendous incentive for the record of what happened that night not to be developed by a competent attorney (Fulton County DA Paul Howard has a reputation of being something less than that - my knowledge of that subject also may be at least equal to yours) and was willing to pay $2 million to hush it up - if there was no genuine dispute of material fact as to Ray Ray's non-involvemnet he could have had the civil cases dimissed on a motion for summary judgment without the need to go through "the circus" of a civil trial

Or maybe we should just respond as Ray Ray does and say this is God's time and not to dredge up the past
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote