Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-27-2013, 11:19 AM   #41
SteelerEmpire
Team President

Member Number: 14355
Thanked 1,531 Times in 696 Posts
Default Re: possible Wallace landing spots?

Wallace's first 4 season totals, especially TD's, the same as Fitz, more than Megatron, and way more than Andre Johnson. The difference is those 3 guys all started from day 1, Wallace didn't start as a rookie. The guy had a bad season for whatever reason, but so did Brown and Sanders. I love how everyone is in such a hurry to get rid of the one wr we have that scores td's and thinks it will be so easy to replace. I'm not saying break the bank, just find it funny everyone bitches the O doesn't score enough and everyone can't wait to get rid of, through his 1st 4 seasons, the most prolific scoring wr in the the past 10 seasons.

A HOUSE DIVIDED WILL FALL TO IT'S ENEMIES;
BUT IN UNITY THERE ARE 6' SUPER BOWLS !!!
SteelerEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SteelerEmpire For This Useful Post:
cbrunn (01-27-2013), zcoop (01-27-2013)
Old 01-27-2013, 12:59 PM   #42
cbrunn
Starter

Member Number: 23984

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerEmpire View Post
Wallace's first 4 season totals, especially TD's, the same as Fitz, more than Megatron, and way more than Andre Johnson. The difference is those 3 guys all started from day 1, Wallace didn't start as a rookie. The guy had a bad season for whatever reason, but so did Brown and Sanders. I love how everyone is in such a hurry to get rid of the one wr we have that scores td's and thinks it will be so easy to replace. I'm not saying break the bank, just find it funny everyone bitches the O doesn't score enough and everyone can't wait to get rid of, through his 1st 4 seasons, the most prolific scoring wr in the the past 10 seasons.

Steelers fans are so fickle ... I really hope they bring Wallace back
cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:28 PM   #43
zcoop
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 20513

Quote:
I second that.

zcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:43 PM   #44
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

Quote:
I have taken heat for saying the same thing. For some reason a lot of people here think heis useless and only hurts the team yet Brown is the next Jerry Rice or something. No clue were these people are coming from
Old 01-27-2013, 01:44 PM   #45
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,524 Times in 2,345 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

none of those players had ben roethlisberger at qb in their first 4 seasons except wallace, let's not kid ourselves.

would i trade wallace for any of those above mentioned receivers. in a flash
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fire Arians For This Useful Post:
SteelersCanada (01-27-2013)
Old 01-27-2013, 01:59 PM   #46
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 7,966 Times in 3,375 Posts

I tend to like Wallace, he does command double teams a lot and that's important.

However, holding out when we were changing our offense and not staying focused did hurt our team. Does he have a bad attitude? I don't think so, and teammates seem to like him and I don't see us getting better without him in one season.

I would be in favor of keeping him, but to me the RB position is a higher priority.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:41 PM   #47
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
none of those players had ben roethlisberger at qb in their first 4 seasons except wallace, let's not kid ourselves.

I love Ben but let's not think that he throws 4500 yards and 35 touchdowns a year. As for the other receivers mentioned, I would take them over Wallace myself. All I'm saying is that a lot of people here seem to think he hurts the team for some reason and when we lose him there going to realize how good he was.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:42 PM   #48
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,131 Times in 3,913 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post

This. So much of this.

If Calvin Johnson had Ben throwing to him - dear Jesus, imagine his numbers. Same would could be said for Larry and Andre - if they had legitimate Quarterbacks throwing to them they'd have 2000+ yard seasons.

CJ almost had 2000 yards with Stafford as his Quarterback. Imagine what him and Ben could do.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:47 PM   #49
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
This. So much of this.

If Calvin Johnson had Ben throwing to him - dear Jesus, imagine his numbers. Same would could be said for Larry and Andre - if they had legitimate Quarterbacks throwing to them they'd have 2000+ yard seasons.

CJ almost had 2000 yards with Stafford as his Quarterback. Imagine what him and Ben could do.
Stafford had over 5000 yards with 41 touchdowns 2 years ago. This season he had right under 5000. When has Ben ever did that. If Wallace played for Detroit the last two years I could easilysay he would have 1600 yards each sseason
Old 01-27-2013, 02:51 PM   #50
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,131 Times in 3,913 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
Stafford had over 5000 yards with 41 touchdowns 2 years ago. This season he had right under 5000. When has Ben ever did that. If Wallace played for Detroit the last two years I could easilysay he would have 1600 yards each sseason
Their offense is also 'throw it deep to Calvin Johnson' and if Ben had a legitimate target like that with an offensive coordinator that didn't treat him like he was made of glass, he could easily have 5000 yards.

Our offensive line hasn't been great, but I think it has the potential to be now. It's time to use Ben effectively and properly now that he's in his prime. Let him throw it deep and make plays happen. Let Ben be Ben.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote