Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-27-2013, 02:51 PM   #51
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,103 Times in 572 Posts
Default Re: possible Wallace landing spots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
I have taken heat for saying the same thing. For some reason a lot of people here think heis useless and only hurts the team yet Brown is the next Jerry Rice or something. No clue were these people are coming from
Incorrect. Wallace half-assed all year. And he half-assed the last half of last year when word got out he wasn't going to get extended yet. It isn't a coincidence.

Brown had a high ankle sprain that derailed his season. High ankle sprains for a player whos whole game is stop, turn, stop and go is extremely difficult.

Stop looking at numbers folks. Numbers are for losers. I know what I saw. If you look at my post before this year, I never had the distain I had for Wallace up until this year. Because I saw how he played. He played like an ahole. Never coming back to the ball, never running the route when he wasnt getting the ball, falling down 2 yards before a tackler came at him. He played not trying to get hurt like the bitch he is. Eff him I hope he goes somewhere else with his puntang ass.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:12 PM   #52
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
Incorrect. Wallace half-assed all year. And he half-assed the last half of last year when word got out he wasn't going to get extended yet. It isn't a coincidence.

Brown had a high ankle sprain that derailed his season. High ankle sprains for a player whos whole game is stop, turn, stop and go is extremely difficult.

Stop looking at numbers folks. Numbers are for losers. I know what I saw. If you look at my post before this year, I never had the distain I had for Wallace up until this year. Because I saw how he played. He played like an ahole. Never coming back to the ball, never running the route when he wasnt getting the ball, falling down 2 yards before a tackler came at him. He played not trying to get hurt like the bitch he is. Eff him I hope he goes somewhere else with his puntang ass.
Wallace had a bad hip if you want to start blaming injuries. Ok say wallace is as bad as you say, then what is Brown who had less yards and touchdowns? I guess you think Brown really sucks.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:14 PM   #53
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 10,011 Times in 4,258 Posts

Quote:
Wallace had a bad hip if you want to start blaming injuries. Ok say wallace is as bad as you say, then what is Brown who had less yards and touchdowns? I guess you think Brown really sucks.
Brown isn't the redzone target. He's sitting behind both Wallace and Miller and Heath has a knack of getting open. If for whatever reason Miller isn't open, Wallace usually is. Brown is third on the pecking order and his TDs reflect that stat. Expecting him to have similar TD numbers as Wallace and/or Miller is silly.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:33 PM   #54
Twentyvalve
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18796

That was a fluke. As others have pointed out, that was the Lions' entire game.Where is Stafford now? I don't think the argument was with Ben throwing in particular, it was having a quality QB throwing to those players mentioned. Ben is a quality QB - in states he is in the top 5 every year, sometimes leading with some stats. Imagine Megatron or Fitz with Brady?

They need a go-to receiver other than Miller. We need WR that despite the D absolutely knowing we are going to throw the ball to him makes the play.

I will take consistency, top 5 and better consistency, over a single over-achieving year.

Quote:
Stafford had over 5000 yards with 41 touchdowns 2 years ago. This season he had right under 5000. When has Ben ever did that. If Wallace played for Detroit the last two years I could easilysay he would have 1600 yards each sseason
Twentyvalve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:50 PM   #55
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,103 Times in 572 Posts

Quote:
The hell does a bad hip have to do with half assing? I have played and watched enough football in my life to know if someone is giving it their all. That chump wasnt giving it his all. If he was as good as you say he is, why are the Steelers going to let him walk?
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:55 PM   #56
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
The hell does a bad hip have to do with half assing? I have played and watched enough football in my life to know if someone is giving it their all. That chump wasnt giving it his all. If he was as good as you say he is, why are the Steelers going to let him walk?
I'm not saying he is the best. There are many receivers I would rather have. All I'm saying is he is the best on our team.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:54 PM   #57
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

There were many " half assed" plays coming from Brown this year too, but he could sure celebrate a 6 yard catch on first down!
Old 01-27-2013, 05:05 PM   #58
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 9,028 Times in 3,730 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

I like how a thread started to specifically NOT bash Wallace has turned into a Wallace and Brown bashing thread.

we must have missed the playoffs this year.
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:52 PM   #59
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
I like how a thread started to specifically NOT bash Wallace has turned into a Wallace and Brown bashing thread.

we must have missed the playoffs this year.
I agree. We need to get back on topic.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:15 PM   #60
zcoop
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 20513

Quote:
Stafford had over 5000 yards with 41 touchdowns 2 years ago. This season he had right under 5000. When has Ben ever did that. If Wallace played for Detroit the last two years I could easilysay he would have 1600 yards each sseason
Good point, some folks on here forget that the door swings both ways. They love to issue what ifs about Ben having an O Line and the results of such. But they fail to realize that their senarios affects the WRs in a similar manner. You're right, if Mike played in a different system, his numbers would be off the chart.

We've made the best of what we had the last few seasons (minus this one). Ben and Mike have been good for each other but the haterade came after he held out for market value pay. Mike has earned every penny he's been paid by the Steelers (got him on the cheap actually). The peanut gallery can think what they want to but the facts don't lie.
zcoop is offline   Reply With Quote