Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 01-28-2013, 02:49 PM   #31
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 14,074 Times in 5,940 Posts
Default Re: WR/Safety in the First Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by WokeUpWithaWoodley View Post
Kenny vaccaro is the pick if available at 17
While I love Elam, I honestly have to admit that it's probably going to be Vaccaro, which is fine by me (Vaccaro is my "1-a").
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
gloydfan (01-30-2013)
Old 01-28-2013, 02:50 PM   #32
ebsteelers
Living Legend

SpeedPong Champion! X-Training Champion!
Member Number: 18215
Thanked 1,802 Times in 1,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
here is bleacherreport's post - Senior Bowl 7-round Steelers mock draft:

Round 1: Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee

Round 2: Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford

Round 3: Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina

Round 4: Sean Porter, LB, Texas A&M

Round 5: Jonathan Cyprien, S, Florida International

Round 6: B.W. Webb, CB, William & Mary

Round 7: Tanner Hawkinson, OL, Kansas

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...er-senior-bowl
i would cream my shorts if we got those first four...

then again i was creaming my shorts after last years first 5 picks and look where it left me...

with cream filled shorts and not even a playoff apperance
ebsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:54 PM   #33
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 14,074 Times in 5,940 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
lattimore is a risk but if he can rehab from his injury successfully that'd be a steal in rd 3. but that's always the risk you take drafting someone recovering from a major injury

but sometimes taking risks pay off, after all we took a risk on hines ward in rd. 3, who dropped because of a missing ACL. he panned out really well for us i'd say, only becoming one of the greatest steelers who ever played
I've been saying to draft Lattimore for a while now... but, I think that he lasts until R4. (Most people are projecting him to go in R5.)

Regardless, it is a risky move, but one that could pay HUGE dividends.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:47 PM   #34
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 4,589 Times in 1,969 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Colbert had flat-out stated that teams can find WRs and RBs in the later rounds... which, he has.

The one "exception" was Spinny... which, seemed more of a "Tomlin not liking FWP & wanting a RB NOW" than a Colbert type of move.
to be fair, mendenhall was expected to go earlier and was considered a steal where we picked him (at the time)

not sure if tomlin really wanted him or we just took BPA. based on mendy's athletic ability, he always had the potential to be a game breaker. and call me crazy but i still think he can be that guy. he should be fully healed from his ACL injury by now, and in haley's system, i think he can be a star
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:38 PM   #35
Steel95
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 20292

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent View Post
Can you imagine what drafting a Qb in the first would do to Ben' s ego. Now on the other hand if you got him a big receiver the opposite would happen.
If his self esteem is that low, I would prefer another QB. Who cares what he thinks? That's part of this team's problem; #7 thinks the game is always about him, too arrogant. I really don't think there is a true #1 QB in this draft anyway. But if the kid from West Virginia or the one from USC slips to #17, you have to consider it.
Steel95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:51 PM   #36
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
to be fair, mendenhall was expected to go earlier and was considered a steal where we picked him (at the time)

not sure if tomlin really wanted him or we just took BPA. based on mendy's athletic ability, he always had the potential to be a game breaker. and call me crazy but i still think he can be that guy. he should be fully healed from his ACL injury by now, and in haley's system, i think he can be a star
Mendy is what Trent Richardson is going to be. Big, fast, versatile, etc. Only thing is, Richardson has the mind set to be a great football player. Mendy is too busy twittering about World issues.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:14 PM   #37
Justp94
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 21937

I'd pick a WR in the 3rd... Preferably Da'Rick Rogers...
Then a RB like Montee Ball in the 2nd...
Swearinger in the 4th
and an OLB/DE in the 1st... We need a pass rusher more than anything...
Old 01-29-2013, 12:30 AM   #38
BlaZeQuietly
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 18219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel95 View Post
Patterson, Cordarrelle - WR-6'3-205-Tennessee

Kenny Vaccaro - Safety-Texas

I'm skeptical on Patterson, although he has the skill set to play WR and he appears to be a playmaker (Something the Steelers desperately needs at the WR position), the guys drops way too many passes, he showboats too much as well. If he is still there in the 2nd, I would think hard about taking him though. No way is he a 1st round selection.

Vaccaro - Probably a little high on taking a Safety at #17 as well; but I've seen this guy play, he reminds me a lot of Carnell Lake. He's fearsome! He can also play a little corner if needed.

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!
Nope- I don't like it, we need to get a running back and work on our O line, it would be a huge boost to our offense. We ranked 17th with 20.6 PPG, which was actually a little more than 2011, but we really struggled to score 20 points against anyone near the end of the season. id really like to see us putting up 25+ ppg and I think that can be accomplished if we make our offense more 2 dimensional and actually have a running game.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:50 AM   #39
WokeUpWithaWoodley
Starter

Member Number: 24000

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaZeQuietly View Post
Nope- I don't like it, we need to get a running back and work on our O line, it would be a huge boost to our offense. We ranked 17th with 20.6 PPG, which was actually a little more than 2011, but we really struggled to score 20 points against anyone near the end of the season. id really like to see us putting up 25+ ppg and I think that can be accomplished if we make our offense more 2 dimensional and actually have a running game.
I agree with the rb part but not in first or second and disagree with the oline part. During athree game stretch when we had starkd foster pouncey colon and adams we had three games of which we ran more than 125 yards maybe more. Then adams went down so did colon. Our online should be very good when healthy. Now free agency hadnt happenef so we dont know whos staying and whos going but we can assume that foster will be likely to stay so we have gilbert foster pouncey dd adams which would make a solid line. Just need depth so rounds5 and on.
WokeUpWithaWoodley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:45 PM   #40
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 4,589 Times in 1,969 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaZeQuietly View Post
you take vaccaro if he's there at 17, there's no running backs that are 1st round talent. plenty options at rd. 2-4. hell the top pick at rb (lacy) might not even go until the 2nd round.

though if chance warmack is there at 17 that might also be hard to pass up, that would all but guarantee we have all the cogs in place at OL until the next decade
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote