Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS
View Poll Results: 49ers or Ravens?
San Francisco 49ers 31 55.36%
Baltimore Ravens 25 44.64%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-29-2013, 03:26 PM   #11
JackH
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24722
Default Re: Who do you want to win?

The only reason I'll watch the game is because of the commercials. Especially the one where Kate Upton watches the washing of a Mercedes. I'd watch her watch anything.

As for the teams, well you got the Ravens who beat a team 13-10 in the regular season that lost their starting QB the week before and in this game the backup QB got hurt on the first series when he scored a TD and couldn't throw worth squat the rest of the game. If the Ravens hadn't won that game, they wouldn't have made the playoffs. The team they beat that day would have. And might be playing in the Super Bowl instead of the Ratbirds.

And then you got the 49ers that got totally dominated by the Giants 26-3 and the Seahawks 42-13.

Neither team deserves to win the Super Bowl.
JackH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:48 PM   #12
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

Is there a game this weekend?
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:01 PM   #13
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,411 Times in 2,939 Posts

I agree with Ryan Clark

Steelers safety Ryan Clark gave his Super Bowl prediction on ESPN Radio and acknowledged that he's torn.

"I'm in a tough position because the Steelers' organization, they want the 49ers not to tie us [with six Super Bowl titles]," Clark said. "But I couldn't live with the Ravens winning and hearing it all season. So, I'm going with the 49ers."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...owl-prediction
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Atlanta Dan For This Useful Post:
Men of Steel (01-29-2013)
Old 01-29-2013, 04:04 PM   #14
Men of Steel
Starter

Member Number: 13746
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle_Of_Steel View Post
It's easy-- the Ravens.

If the 49ers win, they overtake us in SB win percentage. We would be sitting at 6-2, while the Niners would then be 6-0.

If the Ravens win-- it means nothing other than the AFC North now owns 3 of the last 8 titles, and 4 of the last 8 SBs played by an AFC North team, and we still keep our 2-0 postseason record against them.
So what if the 49ers have a "better" SB win percentage if they win.

If a team is 1-0 in superbowls, their win percentage is 100%, while ours is 75%. Does that make their 1 superbowl better than our 6, because of a "better" win percentage?

Let the niners have this one! its all about LOMBARDI'S. So what if they tie us for 6. They still wouldnt be "overtaking" us there. We'd be all tied up, and good! More motivation for this organization to take the lead again and win an unprecedented 7th SB.

I preffer that waaaay much more than hearing dirty ratbird fans brag about how they officially own us forever if they win this next superbowl.

GO NINERS!
Old 01-29-2013, 04:13 PM   #15
WVABE
Team Captain

3D Field Goal - Pro Champion! 3D Field Goal - All Pro Champion!
Member Number: 24111

I would enjoy watching lil bro jim cry&cry so big bro can see what everyone else see's.

Goin with afc whether I like it or not.
WVABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:47 PM   #16
kent
Bench Warmer

Speed Racer Champion! Big Truck Adventures 3 Champion! Bejeweled Champion! Chain Reaction - Newgrounds Champion!
Member Number: 24510

I just want to say Ray Lewis crying at the end of the game again, but this time not tears of happiness.
kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:46 PM   #17
ZoneBlitzer
Head Coach

Member Number: 16775
My Mood: Doubtful

Hard choice but I kind of lean to the Ravens. I've always respected Lewis and Reed, two of the greatest ever at their positions. They both have the kind of football philosophy that I like. I like both their defenses as well. I like the kid Kap too, but I like the character that the Ravens have. Also if the Niners win, they'll be the first to 7 before the Steelers. They are young and super talented in all the right positions. Their graph is going up. As for the Ravens, it could be just a one and done kind of thing.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:53 PM   #18
torpedoshell31
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24438

Maybe Ray will grow antlers after the game from tacking his illegal buck velvet substance. If you remember when he first had his injury everyone including the Ravens said his season was over. Now we know how a guy in his late 30's healed so quickly. Again, if this was James Harrison he would be not only be suspended for the Super Bowl, but probably for the first 6 games next year.
torpedoshell31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:55 PM   #19
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,827 Times in 1,840 Posts
My Mood: Fine

I respect Lewis's career, kind of despise his camera whoring and his "relationships with god"

seems those preaching in front of the camera are the ones farthest away from being a good person - ya know, the type of person who is charged with obstruction in a murder case, and, with good authority, I know someone who was there that night and Lewis was more interested in fleeing the scene and not being caught than being concerned with a dying man.

yea, he also has 10 bajillion women and 10 trajillion kids - "go Ray"

eff that. I think the Ravens will win, but in no way do I root for anyone like that

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:48 AM   #20
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

I only wanted the Rats to win once, there first super bowl, and then only because Rod Woodson was playing there and I wanted him to get a ring.
So what if the niners tie us for wins in Super Bowls, not enough for me to have to hear the endless ray Lewis garbage if he goes out with a title.
I have family in the bay area as well and they are huge Niners fans, which is reason enough for me
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rick5895 For This Useful Post:
steve314 (01-31-2013), teegre (01-30-2013)