Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 01-30-2013, 04:15 PM   #1
The_Joker
Living Legend

Member Number: 24540
Thanked 2,133 Times in 1,126 Posts
My Mood: Devilish
Default My Ravens rant

I just posted this on Facebook so all of DC can see it...

I am TIRED of Ray Lewis and his act.

I am TIRED of the Ravens bandwagon.

Ray Lewis is a great player and lead, but his whole thing is just an act. He tries to hide what happened in 2000 behind his Super Bowl ring and "Jebus knows what happened so I don't have to say anything." No one knows what happened, but somehow or way he is guilty of something, and he won't fess up. At least Ben Roethlisberger has manned up for over his stupid acts. Ray Lewis can hide behind his Super Bowl ring(s) when it's all said and done, but his fake christian persona is just a scam he's put on since his name was tainted.

And the bandwagon. The Ravens are a great franchise, I can't deny that, but like all other bandwagons before them (Pats, Giants, Steelers, Saints, Packers, Tebow) it will be forgotten in a year or so. Their team pales in comparison to the Steelers, Patriots or Colts. They won't even win their division next year I bet, and 95% of defending champs/conference champs fail the following year. I spit on them in Black and Yellow.

Football rant over.
SteelCurtain5643 (02-04-2013)
Old 01-30-2013, 04:29 PM   #2
BleedPurple
Starter

Member Number: 19142
Default Re: My Ravens rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackjack View Post
I just posted this on Facebook so all of DC can see it...

I am TIRED of Ray Lewis and his act.

I am TIRED of the Ravens bandwagon.

Ray Lewis is a great player and lead, but his whole thing is just an act. He tries to hide what happened in 2000 behind his Super Bowl ring and "Jebus knows what happened so I don't have to say anything." No one knows what happened, but somehow or way he is guilty of something, and he won't fess up. At least Ben Roethlisberger has manned up for over his stupid acts. Ray Lewis can hide behind his Super Bowl ring(s) when it's all said and done, but his fake christian persona is just a scam he's put on since his name was tainted.

And the bandwagon. The Ravens are a great franchise, I can't deny that, but like all other bandwagons before them (Pats, Giants, Steelers, Saints, Packers, Tebow) it will be forgotten in a year or so. Their team pales in comparison to the Steelers, Patriots or Colts. They won't even win their division next year I bet, and 95% of defending champs/conference champs fail the following year. I spit on them in Black and Yellow.

Football rant over.
Sounds like sour grapes, man. as I have said in several threads already, only someone who doesn't know Ray and does not see how he lives his life every day would call Ray's faith and leadership an act. No one can know a man's heart, but it's pretty obvious that Ray is for real.
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:37 PM   #3
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedPurple View Post
Sounds like sour grapes, man. as I have said in several threads already, only someone who doesn't know Ray and does not see how he lives his life every day would call Ray's faith and leadership an act. No one can know a man's heart, but it's pretty obvious that Ray is for real.
Real or fake, it's still pretty fucking annoying.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Buddha Bus For This Useful Post:
Lady Steel (01-31-2013), The Curtain's Crusader (02-04-2013), The_Joker (01-30-2013)
Old 01-30-2013, 04:46 PM   #4
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Member Number: 16173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha Bus View Post
Real or fake, it's still pretty fucking annoying.
Yep. Seriously I can appreciate Lewis's status as an all time great linebacker but I can also be tired by his act. I always laugh when I play the latest Madden because RL's there saying he's always been told that he's too small. I laugh because he hasn't been told that since the late 90's. We all know and realize Ray is one of the best not just of his era but ever. I mean I admit it. I would like him if he wee a Steeler, the same way I bet many Ravens fans would have loved to had Hines Ward. I'm still glad honestly that the Ravens beat the Patriots but I still don't like them. And why should I? Its not like there's any love lost on the other side either.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:10 PM   #5
JeromeBetties63
Team Captain

Member Number: 19049

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedPurple View Post
I would think someone who truly repented would want to humble himself before the families of the dead men.
JeromeBetties63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:21 PM   #6
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stb_steeler For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (01-30-2013), Lady Steel (01-31-2013)
Old 01-30-2013, 06:30 PM   #7
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 10,743 Times in 4,288 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

he going to ascend into heaven. that's pretty funny. Same guy did one of Harrison on SNL too, wasn't quite as funny, but still.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:37 PM   #8
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
he going to ascend into heaven. that's pretty funny. Same guy did one of Harrison on SNL too, wasn't quite as funny, but still.
i missed that one!

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:55 PM   #9
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Member Number: 16173

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
Kenan Thompson. Us 90's kids know him from 1990's Nickeldeon and kids movies.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:48 PM   #10
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15679

In my experience most "holy men" be they prophets, preachers, priests, priestesses, witchdoctors, shahs, shamans or what have you, are professional liars so it's not shocking or surprising to me that Ray Lewis, a professional football player but part time professional liar? Would indulge in such buffoonery
mikegrimey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikegrimey For This Useful Post:
SteelCurtain5643 (02-04-2013), The_Joker (01-31-2013)