Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2013, 03:06 PM   #41
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend
 
El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,981
Member Number: 8264
Thanks: 542
Thanked 3,577 Times in 1,699 Posts
Default Re: Steelers Hire Jack Bicknell Jr. As OLine Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaDave View Post
Typically, zone blocking linemen are quicker to the point of attack, a talent needed to make screen passes work. Arians didn't use them much, and got similar results with the Bubble Screen, with much less work and effort reguired by the linemen.

Add to that we didn't have the linemen to get to the edge. Our offensive guards we've played over the years, sans DeCastro, are way too slow. Heck, they can't even get to the point of attact to hit a trap block in the 3-4 hole more than twice a game.
Having more athletic and smaller ZBS type linemen is not a prerequisite for running a screen pass. A center typically may have to pull 20 yards laterally to get to the point of the screen. Pouncey, DeCastro, Adams, Beechum are all athletic enough to get to a screen block.

If that was the rationale of thinking that a ZBS will help us run screen passes....I think its a stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle_Of_Steel View Post
I am not sure why a ZBL scheme would be preferred, with the Olinemen we currently have on roster.

Aren't the Steelers' Olinemen right now known for being HUGE, lumbering, bulldozers best suited to a straight ahead man blocking scheme? They aren't known for being particularly agile-- hence the poor pass protection and high number of sacks every year (yes, and Ben's playing style as well).
I dont think a ZBS is the answer, but most here want to because its different. The linemen on the roster now are perfectly capable of handling some Zone. They are athletic enough. I just dont think its in Haleys offense to go strictly zone, so I think it will stay man with some zone schemes in at times.

Its Jack Bicknell, not Alex Gibbs they hired.
__________________
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:13 PM   #42
sloppyjoe
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 392
Member Number: 24256
Thanks: 3
Thanked 91 Times in 64 Posts
Default Re: Steelers Hire Jack Bicknell Jr. As OLine Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
if the OL ends up playing poorly, sloppyjoe will be on here saying it's the last straw and Tomlin should be fired for hiring Bicknell as the OL coach

tell me then, who hired our last 2 oline coaches and our ST coach?
sloppyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:22 PM   #43
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter
 
SteelersCanada's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8,282
Member Number: 24400
Thanks: 6,393
Thanked 11,772 Times in 4,803 Posts
Default Re: Steelers Hire Jack Bicknell Jr. As OLine Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppyjoe View Post
tell me then, who hired our last 2 oline coaches and our ST coach?
Probably Mike Tomlin. Larry Zierlein was the coach before Kugler and now he's the head coach of UTEP. Now, our offensive line coach is Bicknell from Kansas City. I don't see what your point is.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:28 PM   #44
harrison'samonster
Living Legend
 
harrison'samonster's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Youngstown, OH
Posts: 8,496
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17630
Thanks: 68,752
Thanked 11,666 Times in 4,664 Posts
My Mood: Tired
Default Re: Steelers Hire Jack Bicknell Jr. As OLine Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Probably Mike Tomlin. Larry Zierlein was the coach before Kugler and now he's the head coach of UTEP. Now, our offensive line coach is Bicknell from Kansas City. I don't see what your point is.
he has no point. it's a common technique of liars and bullshiters. they like to keep the argument going in circles telling as many lies as possible and never backing up statements with facts.
__________________
[QUOTE=Steelstoned1972;1430728
So second of all there is no second of all !
[/QUOTE]
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:46 PM   #45
sloppyjoe
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 392
Member Number: 24256
Thanks: 3
Thanked 91 Times in 64 Posts
Default Re: Steelers Hire Jack Bicknell Jr. As OLine Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
he has no point. it's a common technique of liars and bullshiters. they like to keep the argument going in circles telling as many lies as possible and never backing up statements with facts.
the point is simple. topmlin has been responsible for hiring 3 guys since he's been here. all 3 have sucked.
he was too stupid to fire ariands so rooney had to do it. it was so embarrassing that tomlin had to have a press conference to say that he actually fired arians, not rooney.......how insecure do you have to be to asked the rooneys if it is okay if he actually took resposibilityu for the firing of his OC?
the rooneys saw how inept tomlin is, so they did the hiring of haley and i am sure they hired the new oline guy also. the rooney are starting to see how the standard is the standard with this clown they gave the HC to.
sloppyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:46 PM   #46
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter
 
steelfury02's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,116
Member Number: 6076
Thanks: 5,911
Thanked 5,025 Times in 2,385 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Steelers Hire Jack Bicknell Jr. As OLine Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
he has no point. it's a common technique of liars and bullshiters. they like to keep the argument going in circles telling as many lies as possible and never backing up statements with facts.
he's even bullshitting who he is - a Steelers fan?

It's Joe Flacco playing mind games with us - GET OUT OF MY HEAD JOE
__________________
MacReady: Beaver pics - don't think we're in much shape to do anything about this thread
Childs: Well, what do we do?
MacReady: Why don't we just . . .wait here and post for a little while longer . . . see what happens?
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:08 PM   #47
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter
 
SteelersCanada's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8,282
Member Number: 24400
Thanks: 6,393
Thanked 11,772 Times in 4,803 Posts
Default Re: Steelers Hire Jack Bicknell Jr. As OLine Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppyjoe View Post
the point is simple. topmlin has been responsible for hiring 3 guys since he's been here. all 3 have sucked.
he was too stupid to fire ariands so rooney had to do it. it was so embarrassing that tomlin had to have a press conference to say that he actually fired arians, not rooney.......how insecure do you have to be to asked the rooneys if it is okay if he actually took resposibilityu for the firing of his OC?
the rooneys saw how inept tomlin is, so they did the hiring of haley and i am sure they hired the new oline guy also. the rooney are starting to see how the standard is the standard with this clown they gave the HC to.
What you've just said is the most insanely idiotic thing I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no thanks, and may God have mercy on your soul.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
Corey120120 (01-30-2013)
Old 01-30-2013, 05:12 PM   #48
sloppyjoe
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 392
Member Number: 24256
Thanks: 3
Thanked 91 Times in 64 Posts
Default Re: Steelers Hire Jack Bicknell Jr. As OLine Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
What you've just said is the most insanely idiotic thing I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no thanks, and may God have mercy on your soul.

lol..still sore from the ass pounding i gave you last week i see
sloppyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:14 PM   #49
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter
 
SteelersCanada's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8,282
Member Number: 24400
Thanks: 6,393
Thanked 11,772 Times in 4,803 Posts
Default Re: Steelers Hire Jack Bicknell Jr. As OLine Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppyjoe View Post
lol..still sore from the ass pounding i gave you last week i see
The ass pounding? Please, refresh my memory. The one in which you told me Woodley gained no weight because I didn't physically weigh him? Or the ass pounding in which I showed you that Woodley was on for 18.5 sacks prior his injury? Oh, that same ass pounding in which everyone else thought you were a lunatic and rambling on about nothing?

Man, that one hurt. I suggest you walk away with whatever self respect you have left before other people realize the stupidity just secreting from your mouth isn't a joke.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:25 PM   #50
sloppyjoe
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 392
Member Number: 24256
Thanks: 3
Thanked 91 Times in 64 Posts
Default Re: Steelers Hire Jack Bicknell Jr. As OLine Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
The ass pounding? Please, refresh my memory. The one in which you told me Woodley gained no weight because I didn't physically weigh him? Or the ass pounding in which I showed you that Woodley was on for 18.5 sacks prior his injury? Oh, that same ass pounding in which everyone else thought you were a lunatic and rambling on about nothing?

Man, that one hurt. I suggest you walk away with whatever self respect you have left before other people realize the stupidity just secreting from your mouth isn't a joke.
can you show me where i said woodely did not put on any weight?
just the facts maam, just the facts......lol
sloppyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts