Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-31-2013, 10:16 AM   #31
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,128 Times in 3,910 Posts
Default Re: Ray Lewis should have to watch the Super Bowl

Toomer unloads on Ray Lewis, calling him a caricature and a hypocrite

Posted by Mike Florio on January 31, 2013, 10:27 AM EST

Former Giants receiver Amani Toomer, who currently has a show on NBC Sports Radio Network and contributes to Pro Football Talk on NBC Sports Network, used plenty of words to describe Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis to Mike Garafolo of USA Today at the media center on Wednesday.

“It’s definitely all about him,” Toomer said of Lewis.

“Once a guy goes to the center of the field, goes into the victory formation on the last play of his last home game . . . . I just don’t think the Giants or any organization I’ve ever been a part of, even growing up, would allow somebody to single themselves out like that.

“If you single yourself out after you make a play, that’s one thing. But to walk out on the field reminds me of the WWE, like The Rock coming out. You’re becoming a caricature of yourself. It’s exhausting. I don’t know why somebody would want that.”

Toomer also talked about the discrepancy between Ray Lewis the Man of God and Ray Lewis the man who was accused of double murder and who pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice and who has still never publicly answered this simple question, which anyone with a pulse is qualified to ask: “Ray, what happened that night?”

“If you want to say you’re Mr. Religious and all of that, have a clean record. Don’t say all of that stuff if you know there’s stuff that might come back,” Toomer said. “Those are the things that, when I look at him, I just think hypocrisy.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...d-a-hypocrite/

-- He's not wrong.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:29 AM   #32
wwhickok
Starter

Member Number: 24713

SC, great post.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:08 PM   #33
BleedPurple
Starter

Member Number: 19142

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Toomer unloads on Ray Lewis, calling him a caricature and a hypocrite

Posted by Mike Florio on January 31, 2013, 10:27 AM EST

Former Giants receiver Amani Toomer, who currently has a show on NBC Sports Radio Network and contributes to Pro Football Talk on NBC Sports Network, used plenty of words to describe Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis to Mike Garafolo of USA Today at the media center on Wednesday.

“It’s definitely all about him,” Toomer said of Lewis.

“Once a guy goes to the center of the field, goes into the victory formation on the last play of his last home game . . . . I just don’t think the Giants or any organization I’ve ever been a part of, even growing up, would allow somebody to single themselves out like that.

“If you single yourself out after you make a play, that’s one thing. But to walk out on the field reminds me of the WWE, like The Rock coming out. You’re becoming a caricature of yourself. It’s exhausting. I don’t know why somebody would want that.”

Toomer also talked about the discrepancy between Ray Lewis the Man of God and Ray Lewis the man who was accused of double murder and who pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice and who has still never publicly answered this simple question, which anyone with a pulse is qualified to ask: “Ray, what happened that night?”

“If you want to say you’re Mr. Religious and all of that, have a clean record. Don’t say all of that stuff if you know there’s stuff that might come back,” Toomer said. “Those are the things that, when I look at him, I just think hypocrisy.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...d-a-hypocrite/

-- He's not wrong.
Yea, well. Ray's dance wasn't for Amani Toomer, or the Giants. It wasn't for the people watching, it was for Baltimore. It was his last home game, and that is the dance he does coming out of the tunnel EVERY time the defense is introduced.

I don't expect you to understand, but it was Ray's way of thanking the fans. You'll notice there hasn't been a repeat at someone else's field.

I think we've covered the murder topic in several other threads.

EDIT: A few other things. Amani Toomer played in a much bigger city for a much smaller amount of time, did not have near the accolades of Ray, and was really just not on the same level. He did not spend his entire career with the Giants, and so maybe that is why he didn't have a big send off like Ray got. Envy is an ugly thing.

Last edited by BleedPurple; 01-31-2013 at 12:19 PM.
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:05 PM   #34
Nevermore
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14524

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedPurple View Post
Yea, well. Ray's dance wasn't for Amani Toomer, or the Giants. It wasn't for the people watching, it was for Baltimore. It was his last home game, and that is the dance he does coming out of the tunnel EVERY time the defense is introduced.

I don't expect you to understand, but it was Ray's way of thanking the fans. You'll notice there hasn't been a repeat at someone else's field.

I think we've covered the murder topic in several other threads.

EDIT: A few other things. Amani Toomer played in a much bigger city for a much smaller amount of time, did not have near the accolades of Ray, and was really just not on the same level. He did not spend his entire career with the Giants, and so maybe that is why he didn't have a big send off like Ray got. Envy is an ugly thing.
This.
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:13 PM   #35
torpedoshell31
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24438

I was hoping that one of the Colts would have run over and taken out Ray's knees during the middle of his dance. That was probably the most classless display I ever saw on a football field.
torpedoshell31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:45 PM   #36
Nevermore
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14524

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedoshell31 View Post
I was hoping that one of the Colts would have run over and taken out Ray's knees during the middle of his dance. That was probably the most classless display I ever saw on a football field.
Because he gave every fan in that stadium that day exactly what they wanted? That he essentially gave a curtain call to his career in Baltimore after the fans chanted his name for the last 5 minutes of regualtion?

He was on his home field, with his fans screaming his name and was offered by the head coach to go out and give them what they wanted. And he did.

It had absolutely nothing to do with the Colts. It was all about a thank you to Baltimore. If you are not a Ravens fan, you will never understand.
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:02 PM   #37
zcoop
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 20513

Toomer sounds like he has a lot of built up Haterade in him. Why all the hate playa?
zcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:15 PM   #38
GMU Steeler
Team Owner

Member Number: 16173

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcoop View Post
Toomer sounds like he has a lot of built up Haterade in him. Why all the hate playa?
Ravens did beat the Giants pretty bad in that one Super Bowl but Amani had a good career and ended up getting a ring albeit at the end of his career. Anyhow, didn't see what happened when they played the Colts so I won't comment on that but I can see why his almost WWE act can annoy people. Whatever though. It's part of his game. Ravens fans can love the guy all they want and the rest of us can be annoyed by him.
GMU Steeler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:45 PM   #39
i82much
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11562

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedoshell31 View Post
Oh get over yourself. Compared to Suh stomping people? TO on the Dallas Star? Come on.
i82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:03 PM   #40
ZoneBlitzer
Head Coach

Member Number: 16775

I'm starting to turn on Lewis. The more I think about, the more I realize that this guy definitely doped up. There's no way you come back from that injury that early. So, yeah he shouldn't be playing. Suggs too. His recovery from a triceps tear is also very suspicious.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote