Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-17-2012, 11:42 AM   #71
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,695 Times in 4,775 Posts
Default Re: Steelers release NT Alameda Ta'amu

So, we let our Super Bowl MVP go for getting high, but keep this kid after he drove absolutely shit faced and almost hit a cop?

I don't understand.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:39 PM   #72
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,303 Times in 3,482 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
So, we let our Super Bowl MVP go for getting high, but keep this kid after he drove absolutely shit faced and almost hit a cop?

I don't understand.
I think it's how they handled the situation after the fact. taamu apologized to the team the day after, whereas santonio was like eh whatever

not saying what he did was ok in any way, but i think attitude had everything to do with the decisions
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:47 PM   #73
bornaSteelersfan
Starter
Supporter

Don't forget Santonio's nightclub incident as well. It was an attitude thing.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:01 AM   #74
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 14,543 Times in 5,963 Posts
My Mood: Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornaSteelersfan View Post
Don't forget Santonio's nightclub incident as well. It was an attitude thing.
yup, along with the waking and baking and the twitter remark where he told a Steelers fan to go kill himself. I remember being absolutely shocked and angry when we traded Sanstonio for only a 5th round draft choice but in hindsight the Steelers definitely made the right move by getting rid of his shitty attitude.

Old 11-18-2012, 02:24 PM   #75
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 3,462 Times in 1,634 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post

I don't understand.
Holmes was coming off a suspension and would only be playing something like 12 games that year and his contract was up.

Steelers dealt a guy with multiple substance abuse violations and some domestic violence issues that was going to be a free agent anyways with Holmes. It was a smart business decision and so is keeping a potential starting NT on the practice squad.

Does that help the understanding?
Old 02-01-2013, 04:00 PM   #76
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 14,543 Times in 5,963 Posts
My Mood: Happy

Friday, Feb. 1, 2013

Lawyer working on plea deal for Steelers’ Ta’amu

PITTSBURGH — The attorney for Pittsburgh Steelers lineman Alameda Ta’amu told Channel 11’s Alan Jennings Friday that they are working on a plea deal to resolve charges stemming from a police chase and crash on the city’s South Side last year.

Ta’amu was in court Friday for a pre-trial hearing when his lawyer told Jennings that he will be negotiating with the district attorney’s office on a deal.

Ta'amu, who was arrested in October on charges of leading police on a chase while driving drunk on East Carson Street and crashing into parked cars, injuring at least two people, was the team's fourth-round pick in this past year's NFL Draft.

The criminal complaint said police spotted a 2006 Lincoln Navigator going the wrong way on Fort Pitt Boulevard when the driver then crossed the Smithfield Street Bridge and ran a red light as he turned onto East Carson Street.

Police said the driver then crossed into opposing traffic, driving on the wrong side of the street for seven blocks, to pass several cars at a time on East Carson Street.

The criminal complaint said one officer dressed in full uniform yelled, "Police! Stop the vehicle." That officer then said the driver, later identified as Ta'amu, swerved toward him and nearly ran him over.

Two other officers said they also spotted the car and drew their guns as the Navigator came at them, but neither of them fired "due to the large number of pedestrians and motorists on the sidewalks and roadway."

Police say Ta'amu took a sharp turn off of East Carson Street and onto South 14th Street. There, he allegedly hit four cars as police chased him.

Police said the chase took another turn when Ta'amu hit a fifth car, totaling both vehicles.

Police said they ran toward him, and officers said Ta'amu then sprinted away from the car. Investigators said he took off his blue shirt to avoid being recognized.

When police caught up to him, they told him to get on the ground and put his hands behind his back.

According to the criminal complaint, one officer was concerned that Ta'amu was reaching for his waistband, so he punched him in the face. Police said they eventually got Ta'amu, who refused medical treatment, into handcuffs and took him to jail.

Arresting officers said Ta'amu's breath smelled like alcohol, his speech was slurred and his eyes were bloodshot. Police said Ta'amu agreed to take a blood alcohol test, and he registered a blood alcohol content of .196 percent, more than twice the legal limit to drive.

Ta’amu’s non-jury trial is scheduled for April 4.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/...s-taamu/nWCts/
Old 02-01-2013, 04:15 PM   #77
Steelers>NFL
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 15311

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
yup, along with the waking and baking and the twitter remark where he told a Steelers fan to go kill himself. I remember being absolutely shocked and angry when we traded Sanstonio for only a 5th round draft choice but in hindsight the Steelers definitely made the right move by getting rid of his shitty attitude.

Holmes lives for 4:20
Steelers>NFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:32 PM   #78
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,487 Times in 3,732 Posts

The guy tried to run over a policeman - good luck getting the DA to try to sell to the police a plea deal that does not involve a felony conviction and several months of jail time
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:24 PM   #79
VaDave
Team Owner

Member Number: 479
Thanked 2,094 Times in 1,137 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Ray Lewis told his entourage not to say anything to the cops. He himself knows what went down and who killed the barber and wannabe rapper that night. Did he kill anybody himself?? No, he obstructed a murder investigation and has hid his friends that are the killers.

I but Ravens fans about Ray , Jamaal Lewis, etc. I bug Favre fans about retiring and unretiring, Patriots fans about videotape, Jet fans about foot fetish, Browns fans about .....being Browns fans.............................and I expect a Rapelisberger comeback from them all!!!
Just goes to show how ignorent they are if that is their comeback. There was no rape. PERIOD!

Per this "Angel's" testomony, they had vaginal intercourse while she was sitting on the toilet. Either sombody is a contorsionist, or they call Ben Big for a reason other than football......

Besides that, there was ZERO evidence that such incident occured, and the rape kit was negative. So what you are telling me, you are takling her account as gospel. I ask you, on what basis are you making your claim?

Add to that, a father that refused to defend his daughter's honor by either filing criminal charges for assualt at a minimum, or more profitably, file a civil suit which undoubtedly been worth 10 of MILLIONS of dollars.

Let that sink in a minute....... I would doubt anyone of you, if that were your daughter or grandaughter, if there was one infitesimal inkling shread of truth in what she accused Ben of doing, that you would just walk away telling her, sorry honey, deal with it. Would you?
VaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:29 PM   #80
VaDave
Team Owner

Member Number: 479
Thanked 2,094 Times in 1,137 Posts

As for the subject at hand, our wayward T'amau, it is true he has a debt to pay socieity. He also had a substance abuse problem that IMO is more problematic, as you are never really cured from it. It can be managed, but there is no cure.

One thing that had not been mentioned on these 8 pages is the Steelers have a financial investment in this kid and I'm sure they would like to get a return on it if possible.
VaDave is offline   Reply With Quote