Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-30-2013, 11:40 PM   #11
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 10,021 Times in 4,262 Posts
Default Re: Facebook Data Provides The Most Accurate NFL Fandom Map Ever Created

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
you don't know the fans here man, biggest wagon jumpers ive ever seen. most friends i watch the games with changed their team 3-4 times as long as ive known them
Canada too. Or, maybe more accurately, Toronto. There's a lot of Steelers fans in Toronto, but when it's football season, our city turns into PatsNation and it's really not even close. There's a ton of bandwagon jumpers here too and lately, over the past two seasons, we're suddenly all 49ers fans.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:53 PM   #12
Lady Steel
Queen Bee
Supporter

Member Number: 16396
Thanked 5,822 Times in 2,228 Posts
My Mood: Angelic
Default Re: Facebook Data Provides The Most Accurate NFL Fandom Map Ever Created

All my friends are Steelers fans. I do have a few co-workers who are Cowboys and Eagles fans, but they aren't "friends," probably for obvious reasons.
Lady Steel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:04 AM   #13
illmatic
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 14597

Disappointed that California doesn't have any Yellow spots. There are a ton of Steelers fans here in LA County, but I guess there are more Raiders fans
illmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:53 AM   #14
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,369 Times in 3,293 Posts

Harvard College Sports Analysis Collective digs deeper into the Facebook data to discover America's most popular football teams. No surprise that the Steeles and cowboys are in their own league when it comes to nationwide popularity

There's huge disparity across the NFL. For example, the Cowboys have more than 12 times as many fans as the St. Louis Rams. But it may be unfair to look at these extreme differences as teams like the Cowboys and Steelers are almost outliers. The Steelers have over one million more fans than the Patriots, despite the fact they are only one spot ahead in the "like'" rankings.

Below is a graph and a chart showing the percentage of football fans within 50 miles of the home team's stadium who are fans of that team.

http://harvardsportsanalysis.wordpre...eam/#more-4071
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:06 AM   #15
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Supporter

Member Number: 17947
Thanked 2,304 Times in 839 Posts
My Mood: Twisted

There should be a small yellow spec on the Mississippi Gulf Coast.. That would be me! Actually, there are quite a few Steelers fans here and even a Steel City Mafia hang out spot.

But most of the area is filled with Saints fans and I get sick of hearing, "Who Dat!?".