Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2013 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-02-2013, 08:14 AM   #11
cbrunn
Starter

Member Number: 23984
Default Re: Do We Take Barkley if He's Available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
I... love... Pat... White.

Although, I do not see him as a starting QB (to small). BUT, he is a winner (the only QB in NCAA history to win four bowl games as a starter).
With this New NFL of the Spread teams and QB Option ... and rules that take away Defense on the WR ... I think White would be a beast, if he's like he was in WV

He's the best Read Option QB I've seen and like you said a Winner ... He usually kept it on the ground but in one of those 4 bowl wins I think he threw for over 300 yards too...

I would love to bring him in for Camp and see what he got
cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:55 AM   #12
WokeUpWithaWoodley
Team Captain

Member Number: 24000

Yeah Ike Taylor can say sorry.
WokeUpWithaWoodley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:11 AM   #13
BKAnthem
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13149

If he's there at round 5-6 yeah...no earlier than that for a QB in this draft we can sign a servicable journeyman and a low round QB to groom this year or next
BKAnthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:54 AM   #14
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 18,679 Times in 7,884 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
With this New NFL of the Spread teams and QB Option ... and rules that take away Defense on the WR ... I think White would be a beast, if he's like he was in WV

He's the best Read Option QB I've seen and like you said a Winner ... He usually kept it on the ground but in one of those 4 bowl wins I think he threw for over 300 yards too...

I would love to bring him in for Camp and see what he got
An an alumnus luncheon, my uncle walked up to his parents, shook the dad's hand, and said, "Please... have more children."

Bill Parcells agrees with you. When he saw Pat White play, he said that Pat is/was the perfect QB to run the read-option offense.

Alas, as wokeupwithawoodley alluded to (kudos, you beat me to the punchline): getting knocked out is the reason I'm not sold on Pat. Imagine Ryan Clark unloading on him... he might die!!! I'm not sure he'd last an entire season... but... if BB goes down for four games, Pat could last for four games (and, more importantly, Pat would likely go 3-1 in that stretch, because the kid is simply a winner).
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:13 PM   #15
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,340 Times in 4,002 Posts

I'm not so sure on White. I mean, he's smaller than Wallace for God sake. I do think that with the ZBS he would be a good guy to implement the read option with, but I think I'd be more comfortable with a younger guy who's more of a Pocket Passer and someone Ike Taylor didn't absolutely destroy.

If we did bring him along though, I wouldn't complain. He's better than Batch and Leftwich, I'll tell ya that.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote