Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Bucs

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 28, 1:00 PM
FOX
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2013, 08:22 AM   #21
WVABE
Team Captain
 
3D Field Goal - Pro Champion! 3D Field Goal - All Pro Champion!
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 787
Member Number: 24111
Thanks: 657
Thanked 560 Times in 266 Posts
Default Re: No HOF for Bettis.

I believe there will be a spot in the HOF for the best blocking WR in NFL history,
it may take awhile but he'll get there.
WVABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:27 AM   #22
sluggermatt15
Team Captain
 
sluggermatt15's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 744
Gender: Male
Member Number: 20316
Thanks: 102
Thanked 243 Times in 161 Posts
Default Re: No HOF for Bettis.

Too bad for Jerome not getting elected yesterday. Honestly I can understand why he wasn't elected, and that is because he was up against a pretty competitive pool of candidates. All the candidates really had a case to be elected. But eventually I think Jerome will be enshrined. It just may take some time.
sluggermatt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:17 AM   #23
Steelerindc
Draft Prospect
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 142
Member Number: 15880
Thanks: 40
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: No HOF for Bettis.

The fact that Sapp got in on the first Ballot is a joke over Bettis is a joke! Simply put. Jerome is in the top 10 of RB in history. Seriously!
Steelerindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:13 AM   #24
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter
 
stb_steeler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pa
Posts: 3,567
Gender: Male
Member Number: 14315
Thanks: 173
Thanked 313 Times in 183 Posts
Default Re: No HOF for Bettis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
I actually think Hines will wait longer than Bettis has to - I say Bettis gets in in the next two tries.

Unfortunately for Hines, he didn't put up huge numbers. Possession WRs who specialize in blocking are not high on the list. As much as I love him, and as much as I think he was the best Steelers WR since Swann and Stallworth - just not enough people that are gung-ho on him.

Plus, he was widely disliked because of his blindside hitting - that will hurt him.
Hines was what football used to be....
__________________

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stb_steeler For This Useful Post:
tanda10506 (02-04-2013)
Old 02-03-2013, 10:48 AM   #25
Blacksburg Zach
Team President
Supporter
 
Blacksburg Zach's Avatar
 
Super Mario Flash Champion! Ragnarok Champion!
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Posts: 2,174
Gender: Male
Member Number: 24584
Thanks: 1,520
Thanked 2,641 Times in 1,016 Posts
My Mood: Aggressive
Default Re: No HOF for Bettis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerindc View Post
The fact that Sapp got in on the first Ballot is a joke over Bettis is a joke! Simply put. Jerome is in the top 10 of RB in history. Seriously!
Walter Payton
Barry Sanders
Jim Brown
Emmitt Smith
O.J. Simpson
Eric Dickerson
Marshall Faulk
LaDanian Tomilnson
Tony Dorsett
Earl Campbell
Gale Sayers
Marcus Allen
Curtis Martin

Sorry, I loved Bettis, but I don't consider him a top ten all time running back. I think he will get onto the hall of fame eventually, but it will probably be another few years.
Blacksburg Zach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:51 AM   #26
sluggermatt15
Team Captain
 
sluggermatt15's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 744
Gender: Male
Member Number: 20316
Thanks: 102
Thanked 243 Times in 161 Posts
Default Re: No HOF for Bettis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerindc View Post
The fact that Sapp got in on the first Ballot is a joke over Bettis is a joke! Simply put. Jerome is in the top 10 of RB in history. Seriously!
I can see your point. Sapp won a SB in the middle of his career, then declined right before he retired (in Oakland). On the other hand, Bettis went out a winner by retiring after winning the Super Bowl. Fair statement.
sluggermatt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:02 PM   #27
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod
 
Fire Arians's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 10,446
Member Number: 16570
Thanks: 1,805
Thanked 6,812 Times in 2,880 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: No HOF for Bettis.

sucks
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:25 PM   #28
kent
Bench Warmer
 
kent's Avatar
 
Speed Racer Champion! Big Truck Adventures 3 Champion! Bejeweled Champion! Helicopter2 Champion! Plupon Champion! Chain Reaction - Newgrounds Champion!
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mantua, Oh Hometown of Lambert
Posts: 245
Member Number: 24510
Thanks: 38
Thanked 92 Times in 54 Posts
Default Re: No HOF for Bettis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacksburgSteeler13 View Post
Walter Payton
Barry Sanders
Jim Brown
Emmitt Smith
O.J. Simpson
Eric Dickerson
Marshall Faulk
LaDanian Tomilnson
Tony Dorsett
Earl Campbell
Gale Sayers
Marcus Allen
Curtis Martin

Sorry, I loved Bettis, but I don't consider him a top ten all time running back. I think he will get onto the hall of fame eventually, but it will probably be another few years.
You can even throw in newer guys like Peterson. Franco Harris is still the all time Steelers rushing yards leader as well.
kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:50 PM   #29
sluggermatt15
Team Captain
 
sluggermatt15's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 744
Gender: Male
Member Number: 20316
Thanks: 102
Thanked 243 Times in 161 Posts
Default Re: No HOF for Bettis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent View Post
You can even throw in newer guys like Peterson. Franco Harris is still the all time Steelers rushing yards leader as well.
Very true. Peterson's career is not over yet. Not even close. The guy could turn out to be HOF worthy or he couldn't.

On the argument that Harris is the Steelers' leading rusher, why should Bettis be in if he isn't ahead of Franco? Not saying Jerome shouldn't be in, just curious as to what the counter to this might be.
sluggermatt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:46 AM   #30
tanda10506
Team President
 
tanda10506's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Smoky Mountains, TN
Posts: 2,104
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17319
Thanks: 814
Thanked 367 Times in 206 Posts
Default Re: No HOF for Bettis.

I didn't expect him to get in on the first ballot because he is EXTREMELY underrated by anybody who's not a Steeler fan. It doesn't matter that only 5 people to play the game since it's beginning have more yards then him, he wasn't flashy enough for fans of other teams to have respect for him. He will get in, but it will take a few tries. Much like Hines, he has more receptions then Swann and Stallworth combined.

As for Sapp, he was the beneficiary of an announcer's spot. For some reason every player and coach "gets better" once they start announcing.
__________________
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts