Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 02-03-2013, 10:40 PM   #1
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280
Default Officials gave that to the Ravens

That was an embarrassment IMO to the NFL to have a great game like that basically decided by the fact that officials refused to flag the Ravens.

I could care less who won that game... but IMO it takes the enjoyment out of watching. I do find it a little odd that every call or non call was in the Ravens favor. And these were BIG moments of the game to...

kick returned for a TD.... watch the replay... two ravens grab hold of a 49er and mug him...right in the middle of the field and totally prevent him from making a play that would have likely prevented that return. TD should have been negated. Yea I know holding can get called on every play...but when the play happens because of a hold... it needs to be called.

The Raven's got several generous spots...they did challenge one but it wasn't the only one.

Most importantly the last offensive play by the niner's.... could have called that illegal contact, holding, pass interference... take your pick ...either way it was blatant and right in front of an official. Should have been 1st and goal with about 1:30 left on the clock.... game over niners win.

The safety....watch the relay..... maybe the most laughable non hold I've ever seen.... The only reason their kicker was able to burn so much time...the Raven's practically tackled a niner .... should have been holding....10 seconds back on the clock I think?
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:45 PM   #2
sloppyjoe
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24256
Default Re: Officials gave that to the Ravens

the absolute worst non call was the ref getting 2 hand shoved by #29 of the ravens after a scrum and wasnt ejected. hell, he wasnt even flagged.
sloppyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:45 PM   #3
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 5,011 Times in 1,869 Posts

Are you sure your not from seattle?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:52 PM   #4
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtowndrunkard View Post
That was an embarrassment IMO to the NFL to have a great game like that basically decided by the fact that officials refused to flag the Ravens.

I could care less who won that game... but IMO it takes the enjoyment out of watching. I do find it a little odd that every call or non call was in the Ravens favor. And these were BIG moments of the game to...

kick returned for a TD.... watch the replay... two ravens grab hold of a 49er and mug him...right in the middle of the field and totally prevent him from making a play that would have likely prevented that return. TD should have been negated. Yea I know holding can get called on every play...but when the play happens because of a hold... it needs to be called.

The Raven's got several generous spots...they did challenge one but it wasn't the only one.

Most importantly the last offensive play by the niner's.... could have called that illegal contact, holding, pass interference... take your pick ...either way it was blatant and right in front of an official. Should have been 1st and goal with about 1:30 left on the clock.... game over niners win.

The safety....watch the relay..... maybe the most laughable non hold I've ever seen.... The only reason their kicker was able to burn so much time...the Raven's practically tackled a niner .... should have been holding....10 seconds back on the clock I think?
they don't put time back on the clock. In fact, that hold as well as others going on at the same time were planned holds. Harbaugh called a TO before the play. Purposely holding on the play was a great call. It enabled them to take 8 seconds off the clock before the safety and basically take away any hail mary chance. If the holding is called, it doesn't help the 49ers, it's just a safety anyway with no time added back. Good situation coaching there.

Now. As for the refs not bothering to call any holds on that play.......laughable. As the Ravens were trying to hold.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:53 PM   #5
White_Steel_Wolfe
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24314
My Mood: Cheeky

Wah wah wah seriously stfu. It was a great non call because both players were making illegal moves. You must not remember XL a bad call or two and it must be a stolen game. Oh wait, double standards?

GO STEELERS!
White_Steel_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:54 PM   #6
BleedPurple
Starter

Member Number: 19142

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtowndrunkard View Post

lol no one cares about your sour grapes man, there was a missed PI call on Torrey and the momentum was completely destroyed in the second half when the power went out. BOTH teams got bad breaks, and if you think there is a conspiracy or we're lucky. . . well, tough shit, the Lombardi went to Baltimore this year.

Come back next year and root for your team, your tears aren't going to do anything.

EDIT: Watching the highlights, that ticky tack running into the kicker play. . . the missed roughing the passer call on joe when he is throwing the ball awya and is hit after going out of bounds. . . yea bad calls on both sides, take off the blinders and stop drinking the haterade.

Last edited by BleedPurple; 02-03-2013 at 11:13 PM.
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BleedPurple For This Useful Post:
CTSxViper (02-03-2013), NSMaster56 (02-03-2013), plenewken (02-04-2013)
Old 02-03-2013, 10:56 PM   #7
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 9,097 Times in 3,748 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

Ravens won and they deserved it. But on the 4th and goal call, if both teams commit a penalty don't they offset? Aren't the refs taking the game out of the players hands when they allow a play like that to basically end the game?
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:58 PM   #8
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Steel_Wolfe View Post
Wah wah wah seriously stfu. It was a great non call because both players were making illegal moves. You must not remember XL a bad call or two and it must be a stolen game. Oh wait, double standards?

GO STEELERS!
There was plenty of pissing, whining and moaning by a bunch of Cardinals bandwagon shitheads after SB XLIII too.

Only pussies blame the refs.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fansince'76 For This Useful Post:
NSMaster56 (02-03-2013)
Old 02-03-2013, 11:14 PM   #9
Nevermore
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14524

Blah blah blah..... What about the "running into the kicker" where there was no contact or the the late hit out of bounds on Flacco on 3rd and goal. The flags go both ways.
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:18 PM   #10
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Madtown is right about the holding on the kick return. I went back and watched it again- blatant holding by 2 players just like he said.

Also Carey Williams 29 did shove a ref during a scrum and it was not called- he should have been ejected +15 yards.

While I think Smith grabbing onto Crabtree and not looking for the ball should have been called it was hilarious for me to see Harbaugh on the sidelines crying to the officials, throwing his headset and making the holding call over and over. All in all I am glad it wasn't called simply for the comedic value.

I thought the game was poorly played by both sides and in the end the least bad team won.

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote