Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 02-03-2013, 11:20 PM   #11
GMU Steeler
Team Owner

Member Number: 16173
Default Re: Officials gave that to the Ravens

Meh. Niners got themselves in to a 22 point hole. They came awfully close but you can't put your team in that situation again and again and expect to win. Their D was surprisingly pedestrian today but the Ravens offense was also really good too. Refs could have been better but ultimately you gotta execute and the Ravens did more of that tonight than the Niners.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:21 PM   #12
NSMaster56
Team Owner

Member Number: 23979
Thanked 3,427 Times in 1,588 Posts

My fadja, a 49ers fan, summarized it best:

'Penalties or no penalties, mistakes and all other bullshit aside, the 49ers had a chance to win it at the end... and didn't do it.'
NSMaster56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:24 PM   #13
CTSxViper
Banned

Member Number: 20864

Bull. It was holding on both. Ravens played excellent first half. Even the announcers concurred on that. Ravens executed fantastically. When you are down 22 points at half time in a superbowl, you are in huge hole and the odds are stacked against you. The Ravens did it and Flacco is now an Elite Quarterback! See you later this year Steelers!!! LOL
CTSxViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:26 PM   #14
CTSxViper
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSMaster56 View Post
My fadja, a 49ers fan, summarized it best:

'Penalties or no penalties, mistakes and all other bullshit aside, the 49ers had a chance to win it at the end... and didn't do it.'
Agreed, they had momentum after the power outage, but the clock was not on their aide. And the safety the Ravens did in the closing seconds was incredible stopping Kapernick from getting the ball back.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:30 PM   #15
GMU Steeler
Team Owner

Member Number: 16173

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSxViper View Post
Agreed, they had momentum after the power outage, but the clock was not on their aide. And the safety the Ravens did in the closing seconds was incredible stopping Kapernick from getting the ball back.
Have to admit that was a pretty creative play. I of course would have loved it if the ball got snatched out of Koch's arm but it was a smart play. What did you think of the fake FG? Seemed silly to me but I'm pretty conservative I admit when it comes to taking chances with a comfy lead.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:32 PM   #16
CTSxViper
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMU Steeler View Post
Have to admit that was a pretty creative play. I of course would have loved it if the ball got snatched out of Koch's arm but it was a smart play. What did you think of the fake FG? Seemed silly to me but I'm pretty conservative I admit when it comes to taking chances with a comfy lead.
I thought they should have kicked it, we lost 3 points, but it was gutsy and didn't pan out, but it gave them terrible field position and they went three and out. So no points back to them.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:34 PM   #17
CTSxViper
Banned

But it was superbowl and our great plays in the first help carried us through thankfully, and again the play calling in the end sealed it for us. We are very thankful.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:44 PM   #18
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSxViper View Post
Bull. It was holding on both. Ravens played excellent first half. Even the announcers concurred on that. Ravens executed fantastically. When you are down 22 points at half time in a superbowl, you are in huge hole and the odds are stacked against you. The Ravens did it and Flacco is now an Elite Quarterback! See you later this year Steelers!!! LOL
It was a 15 point game at half-time. The 22 point lead came on the kickoff return which should have been called back due to the most blatant hold of all time.

Ravens have never beaten the Steelers in the playoffs and never will.

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:03 AM   #19
BleedPurple
Starter

Member Number: 19142

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
It was a 15 point game at half-time. The 22 point lead came on the kickoff return which should have been called back due to the most blatant hold of all time.

Ravens have never beaten the Steelers in the playoffs and never will.

^ especially if you aren't there. lol no one cares. Honestly I'm not trying to troll here but seriously, sour grapes.

Just say good game we will destroy you next year, that I can respect.
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:24 AM   #20
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedPurple View Post
^ especially if you aren't there. lol no one cares. Honestly I'm not trying to troll here but seriously, sour grapes.

Just say good game we will destroy you next year, that I can respect.
Why do I need to congratulate Ravens fans? How many touchdowns did you throw for today? Why do you think you are so important that I should try to earn your respect? Are you a big deal amongst your fellow armchair quarterbacks?

Kaepernick playing like garbage in the first half cost the 49ers the game- that does not change the fact that the Ravens benefitted from some blatant non-calls.

I only care if the Steelers win. I could not care less about any other NFL team whatsoever. I would probably despise the Ravens... if I gave them any thought at all.

I am a Steelers fan who only watched part of the game and I still have a better grasp on what happened than the Ravens fan who thought there was a 22 point lead at halftime. Then another Ravens fan has to stick up for the dumbass... probably wasn't aware of the score at halftime either. Hey... it could happen to anyone? Right? Who pays attention to the score anyhow?

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote