Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2013 **


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2013, 01:30 PM   #1
AgentGold007
Starter
 
AgentGold007's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 442
Member Number: 20176
Thanks: 292
Thanked 316 Times in 158 Posts
My Mood: Cool
Default Draft Tek's latest mock

As of today (2/3/13) :

Rd 1. Kevin Minter ILB, LSU
Rd 2. Eddie Lacey RB, Alabama
Rd 3. Baccari Rambo FS, Georgia
Rd 4. Brandon Jenkins, OLB, Florida St.
Rd 5. Spencer Nealy, DE, Tex A&M
Rd 6. Chris Cagg, TE, Arkansas
Rd 7. Devin Smith, CB, Wisconsin

I would like this draft. It addresses a lot of area's of concern (minus wide receiver), potentially more hits than misses, SEC heavy, infusion of youth to our aging defense. Pretty solid to me.

http://www.drafttek.com/2013-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round1.asp
AgentGold007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:34 PM   #2
cbrunn
Starter
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 634
Member Number: 23984
Thanks: 117
Thanked 266 Times in 195 Posts
Default Re: Draft Tek's latest mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentGold007 View Post
As of today (2/3/13) :

Rd 1. Kevin Minter ILB, LSU
Rd 2. Eddie Lacey RB, Alabama
Rd 3. Baccari Rambo FS, Georgia
Rd 4. Brandon Jenkins, OLB, Florida St.
Rd 5. Spencer Nealy, DE, Tex A&M
Rd 6. Chris Cagg, TE, Arkansas
Rd 7. Devin Smith, CB, Wisconsin

I would like this draft. It addresses a lot of area's of concern (minus wide receiver), potentially more hits than misses, SEC heavy, infusion of youth to our aging defense. Pretty solid to me.

http://www.drafttek.com/2013-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round1.asp
DraftTek Value is all over the place ... but here is what I would like going by them... I would be absolutley estatic with this draft

1 - Matt Elam - will play FS ... He's Ryan Clark Junior just with more athleticism

2 - Phillip Thomas -SS - he can do everything well and makes splash plays, can be the new Troy

3 - Gavin Escobar - TE - A good Receiving TE , and big target , don't know about his run blocking ... but Ben will Love him

4 - Gerald Hodges - ILB - Depth and probably will start over Spence

5 - Joseph Randel - RB - Guys a beast and would fit Haley Scheme

6A - Terron Armstead - OT - Had a real good East/West game and would bring Great cheap depth at the OT ...
6B - Aaron Mallette - WR - Bigger reciever with some skills could develope nicely

7 - Sio Moore - OLB - Sio Moore in the 7th?? Know how happy I would be? ... this guy is going to be good
cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:59 PM   #3
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 15,051
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 21,685
Thanked 22,950 Times in 9,372 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Draft Tek's latest mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
DraftTek Value is all over the place ... but here is what I would like going by them... I would be absolutley estatic with this draft

1 - Matt Elam - will play FS ... He's Ryan Clark Junior just with more athleticism

2 - Phillip Thomas -SS - he can do everything well and makes splash plays, can be the new Troy

3 - Gavin Escobar - TE - A good Receiving TE , and big target , don't know about his run blocking ... but Ben will Love him

4 - Gerald Hodges - ILB - Depth and probably will start over Spence

5 - Joseph Randel - RB - Guys a beast and would fit Haley Scheme

6A - Terron Armstead - OT - Had a real good East/West game and would bring Great cheap depth at the OT ...
6B - Aaron Mallette - WR - Bigger reciever with some skills could develope nicely

7 - Sio Moore - OLB - Sio Moore in the 7th?? Know how happy I would be? ... this guy is going to be good
Ecstatic does not capture my level of excitement about that draft. Imagine a kid on Christmas morning getting a new bike... and then going to Disneyland in the afternoon... and having ice cream. THAT describes my emotions with that draft.

Elam - Duh. Everyone knows my love of that kid.

Thomas - The only other thing I've wanted is a tandem if safeties. Yes!!!

Escobar - I've mentioned this kid multiple times. He's Aaron Hernsndez, part II.

Hodges - He's a fan favorite here.

Randle - While I prefer taking a chance on Lattimore, he is indeed a perfect fit.

The rest is icing.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:18 PM   #4
kent
Bench Warmer
 
kent's Avatar
 
Speed Racer Champion! Big Truck Adventures 3 Champion! Bejeweled Champion! Helicopter2 Champion! Plupon Champion! Chain Reaction - Newgrounds Champion!
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mantua, Oh Hometown of Lambert
Posts: 247
Member Number: 24510
Thanks: 38
Thanked 93 Times in 55 Posts
Default Re: Draft Tek's latest mock

Any draft where we address the secondary or linebacker in the first and get get Eddie lacy in the second is fine by me.
kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:17 PM   #5
AgentGold007
Starter
 
AgentGold007's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 442
Member Number: 20176
Thanks: 292
Thanked 316 Times in 158 Posts
My Mood: Cool
Default Re: Draft Tek's latest mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
DraftTek Value is all over the place ... but here is what I would like going by them... I would be absolutley estatic with this draft

1 - Matt Elam - will play FS ... He's Ryan Clark Junior just with more athleticism

2 - Phillip Thomas -SS - he can do everything well and makes splash plays, can be the new Troy

3 - Gavin Escobar - TE - A good Receiving TE , and big target , don't know about his run blocking ... but Ben will Love him

4 - Gerald Hodges - ILB - Depth and probably will start over Spence

5 - Joseph Randel - RB - Guys a beast and would fit Haley Scheme

6A - Terron Armstead - OT - Had a real good East/West game and would bring Great cheap depth at the OT ...
6B - Aaron Mallette - WR - Bigger reciever with some skills could develope nicely

7 - Sio Moore - OLB - Sio Moore in the 7th?? Know how happy I would be? ... this guy is going to be good
DraftTek changes their mock every few days. Mocks are a dime a dozen, I like seeing the different possibilities and possible scenario's that could land certain players within the Steelers reach. Your draft is cool, the only problems I have with it is this: we wouldn't see Elam or Thomas for two years as long as LeBeau is d-coordinator and has Clark and Troy at his disposal, I've also seen places that have Elam rated as a second rounder. If we were to trade back and get him I'd be cool with him, but if we're going to draft any safety in the first round I'd rather have Vaccaro. If we draft Minter in the first, he wouldn't have a veteran playing in front of him and would have a better chance of starting on day 1. When it comes to running back, I'd much rather have a three down back like Lacey. I'd rather draft a guard than a tackle, let Beachum backup tackle spots. Don't like that your draft waits too late to address the pass rusher, which is an immediate need if we lose Harrison.
AgentGold007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:32 PM   #6
cbrunn
Starter
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 634
Member Number: 23984
Thanks: 117
Thanked 266 Times in 195 Posts
Default Re: Draft Tek's latest mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentGold007 View Post
DraftTek changes their mock every few days. Mocks are a dime a dozen, I like seeing the different possibilities and possible scenario's that could land certain players within the Steelers reach. Your draft is cool, the only problems I have with it is this: we wouldn't see Elam or Thomas for two years as long as LeBeau is d-coordinator and has Clark and Troy at his disposal, I've also seen places that have Elam rated as a second rounder. If we were to trade back and get him I'd be cool with him, but if we're going to draft any safety in the first round I'd rather have Vaccaro. If we draft Minter in the first, he wouldn't have a veteran playing in front of him and would have a better chance of starting on day 1. When it comes to running back, I'd much rather have a three down back like Lacey. I'd rather draft a guard than a tackle, let Beachum backup tackle spots. Don't like that your draft waits too late to address the pass rusher, which is an immediate need if we lose Harrison.
Watching this SB is really changing my opinion
  • 1st round LBs are over valued ... They cannot cover , none of these LBs can cover these TEs and WRs...plus this depends on Spence Recovery which only the team knows and will know more about come draft time ... if his recovery is going good, you don't give up on him already
  • Watching these TEs burning these smaller safeties is making me really want David Amerson ... convert him to FS and if you decide to blitz he can absolutely cover these TEs ... His Stock feel because he had a couple tough games against Justin Hunter and Cordelle Paterson and DeAndre Hopkins, they are all 1st round talent
  • I don't see Vaccaro being there at 17... safeties are being valued in this new NFL and his stock will rise ... Mark Barron went top 10 last year didn't he to the Bucs ... if they would take Vaccaro at 13 and pair hiim with Mark Barron would be great
  • Pass Rushers - None of the elite ones will be there at 17 and we have young guys on the roster that were "steals" when we drafted them... I'm tired of "Steals" if were not going to get an elite one stop wasting picks ... and by the way Sio Moore has a 3rd round grade especially after the East/West and Senior Bowl, He is a decent pass rusher with good potential and he can actually do a decent job dropping back in Zone, this kid is a player and whoever drafts him is getting a player that's for sure

I would replace Elam with David Amerson ... Elam scares me with his height, these bigger TEs will just use their body on him ... Amerson at 6'2 might not have the Elite Speed to play with the Top receivers but put him at safety and let him read and/or man up with these TEs and I love him and the way he attacks the ball
cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:21 PM   #7
cbrunn
Starter
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 634
Member Number: 23984
Thanks: 117
Thanked 266 Times in 195 Posts
Default Re: Draft Tek's latest mock

Oh yeah and 3 down back ... Lacey is hard to judge because his Oline is a pro offense line ... 3 1-2nd selections ... but Joseph Randle has 3 down potential ... he's a little Skinny right now but at 6 feet he can put on some weight ... and he is a great pass catcher too and route runner as he sometimes lines up as a WR , which is perfect for Haley system and the exact kind of player he likes

he ran for 1200 and 24 TDs and caught 43 passes for 266 in his sophmore year and ran for 1400 and 14 tds and caught 28 passes this year ... also caught 30+ passes in his freshman year
http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/...-randle-1.html

and also Beachum is going to be the starting LG which I think would be his best position ... so you are correct we need a backup guard ... but Terron Armstead has to much value as he would be a great backup Tackle for either side... But I think they take a backup Guard and Tackle in this draft
cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:24 AM   #8
WokeUpWithaWoodley
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 788
Member Number: 24000
Thanks: 172
Thanked 482 Times in 256 Posts
Default Re: Draft Tek's latest mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
Watching this SB is really changing my opinion
  • 1st round LBs are over valued ... They cannot cover , none of these LBs can cover these TEs and WRs...plus this depends on Spence Recovery which only the team knows and will know more about come draft time ... if his recovery is going good, you don't give up on him already
  • Watching these TEs burning these smaller safeties is making me really want David Amerson ... convert him to FS and if you decide to blitz he can absolutely cover these TEs ... His Stock feel because he had a couple tough games against Justin Hunter and Cordelle Paterson and DeAndre Hopkins, they are all 1st round talent
  • I don't see Vaccaro being there at 17... safeties are being valued in this new NFL and his stock will rise ... Mark Barron went top 10 last year didn't he to the Bucs ... if they would take Vaccaro at 13 and pair hiim with Mark Barron would be great
  • Pass Rushers - None of the elite ones will be there at 17 and we have young guys on the roster that were "steals" when we drafted them... I'm tired of "Steals" if were not going to get an elite one stop wasting picks ... and by the way Sio Moore has a 3rd round grade especially after the East/West and Senior Bowl, He is a decent pass rusher with good potential and he can actually do a decent job dropping back in Zone, this kid is a player and whoever drafts him is getting a player that's for sure

I would replace Elam with David Amerson ... Elam scares me with his height, these bigger TEs will just use their body on him ... Amerson at 6'2 might not have the Elite Speed to play with the Top receivers but put him at safety and let him read and/or man up with these TEs and I love him and the way he attacks the ball
I agree abour your statements on watching the superbowl. Let me add one thing, a wr that will go after the ball to make the catch with somr physical tools added as a pkus.

I reallt want vaccaro not only can he stop they run bur he will be able to shut down tight ends and slot guys I hope hes sitting there at 17.
WokeUpWithaWoodley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:03 AM   #9
cbrunn
Starter
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 634
Member Number: 23984
Thanks: 117
Thanked 266 Times in 195 Posts
Default Re: Draft Tek's latest mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by WokeUpWithaWoodley View Post
I agree abour your statements on watching the superbowl. Let me add one thing, a wr that will go after the ball to make the catch with somr physical tools added as a pkus.

I reallt want vaccaro not only can he stop they run bur he will be able to shut down tight ends and slot guys I hope hes sitting there at 17.
Vacarro and Amerson would be a good Safety Duo ... I would like that

Yeah I agree with a WR ... I would love Justin Hunter / De'Andre Hopkins / Aaron Dobson / Robert Woods

Don't know if I want a top Safety Duo or just 1 safety and a WR ... can't make up my mind... Somebody like Justin Hunter in the 1st then David amerson in the 2nd ... And that Cooper Taylor from Richmond could be an option in the 4-5, 6'5 SS and can run ... He also had a good East/West game, but has injury concerns

Last edited by cbrunn; 02-04-2013 at 06:41 AM.
cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:01 AM   #10
AgentGold007
Starter
 
AgentGold007's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 442
Member Number: 20176
Thanks: 292
Thanked 316 Times in 158 Posts
My Mood: Cool
Default Re: Draft Tek's latest mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
Watching this SB is really changing my opinion
  • 1st round LBs are over valued ... They cannot cover , none of these LBs can cover these TEs and WRs...plus this depends on Spence Recovery which only the team knows and will know more about come draft time ... if his recovery is going good, you don't give up on him already
  • Watching these TEs burning these smaller safeties is making me really want David Amerson ... convert him to FS and if you decide to blitz he can absolutely cover these TEs ... His Stock feel because he had a couple tough games against Justin Hunter and Cordelle Paterson and DeAndre Hopkins, they are all 1st round talent
  • I don't see Vaccaro being there at 17... safeties are being valued in this new NFL and his stock will rise ... Mark Barron went top 10 last year didn't he to the Bucs ... if they would take Vaccaro at 13 and pair hiim with Mark Barron would be great
  • Pass Rushers - None of the elite ones will be there at 17 and we have young guys on the roster that were "steals" when we drafted them... I'm tired of "Steals" if were not going to get an elite one stop wasting picks ... and by the way Sio Moore has a 3rd round grade especially after the East/West and Senior Bowl, He is a decent pass rusher with good potential and he can actually do a decent job dropping back in Zone, this kid is a player and whoever drafts him is getting a player that's for sure

I would replace Elam with David Amerson ... Elam scares me with his height, these bigger TEs will just use their body on him ... Amerson at 6'2 might not have the Elite Speed to play with the Top receivers but put him at safety and let him read and/or man up with these TEs and I love him and the way he attacks the ball
I disagree about LB's being "over-valued", especially not when it comes to this year's Steelers. I think the best value we can get is to draft players who can start on day one. I'm not against the idea of drafting a safety in the first round, especially if it's Vaccaro, but I think a first round graded linebacker has a better chance of being on the field on day one, than a safety would. If Minter or Te'o (yeah I know) were drafted, they would come into camp competing against an undersized inexperienced ILB coming off of a season-ending injury (Spence) and maybe an oft injured, under achieving ILB like Sylvester. If a safety is drafted, they would have to compete with two experienced pro-bowler's, and yeah I know about Troy's injury history, but still if he is healthy, he's the starter at least for the next two years. So what's the better value? And I really don't think that Minter is nearly as bad in coverage as you think he is, he looks like another Timmons to me. I also believe that the Steelers like Robert Golden, the safety who they brought in last year. Draft Rambo in the 3rd or Amerson, then who knows...
AgentGold007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts