Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-04-2013, 12:56 PM   #1
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727
Default Big Ben vs Joe Flacco

Where do these two guys stack up against each other in the regular season and postseason?

Flacco's star appears to be on the rise, while Ben's seems to be on its way down. But wil a big SB win bring Joe back down to earth? Will he be as impressive in leading his team once Ray Lewis and Ed Reed are gone (I think not)?

I think this year's disappointment will be a good kick in the butt for Ben. But while we have been bashing Joe Flacco for years, has he silently become a viable postseason passer?

Discuss.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:58 PM   #2
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Default Re: Big Ben vs Joe Flacco

I think it is pretty obvious Ray lewis was a large part of the reason why ther Ravens went on this run. Sure, he was not catching Flacco's passes, nor was he running the ball, but, with the emminent "letdown" of winning the big game-- I think the Ravens are on their way back to earth next season.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:59 PM   #3
BlaZeQuietly
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 18219

Yeah bullcrap how any negative thread gets shut down because no one can handle the truth. Ill get this in before they close it, right now Flacco is the man, does great in the post season, overall body of work Ben still has him beat, and I think Ben has a better chance at winning another ring than flacco. there thats all im going to say I had a big reply typed up for the last thread then it got closed.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:59 PM   #4
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 10,262 Times in 4,117 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Flacco has really impressed me in this postseason. I think he's a legitimate good QB. That being said, I don't think BB is trending down. And head to head BB has out-played Flacco.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:01 PM   #5
BlaZeQuietly
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Let me add The AFC North is probably going to be the toughest division to play in next year, I could see Pitt Ravens and Cinci all in the play offs next year. Also next season will show what we are mad of, I think we will know by about 8 weeks into the season if this steelers team is going to have a crappy next 7-10 years or if we are going to do what we do best and bounce back!
Old 02-04-2013, 01:01 PM   #6
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Member Number: 16173

I wouldn't say Ben's star is on the way down honest. He was having a terrific year until he got hurt. Anyhow, as for Flacco, yeah I think we did underrate him. You got to give the Ravens FO some credit for surrounding him with good talent too, Ray Rice is Ray Rice, a legitimate top RB. Boldin makes some awesome catches. Smith and Jones are both burners. And Pitta is a pretty good TE too. I still don't know what to make of Flacco though. He can be really amazing which he certainly was this post-season and it should be mentioned that he did outplay Tom Brady in last year's AFC championship game too but at the same time, he'll have his struggles. He's the most enigmatic QB I've seen. Anyhow, it's going to be interesting to watch the contract situation since Flacco and his camp have a lot of leverage going in coming off a Super Bowl MVP winning season.I hope they overpay him like crazy and regret it later.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:02 PM   #7
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
Flacco has really impressed me in this postseason. I think he's a legitimate good QB. That being said, I don't think BB is trending down. And head to head BB has out-played Flacco.
I can't STAND Flacco, but I have to admit-- he was one of the main reasons why they went. I still don't think he is "elite" though.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:03 PM   #8
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,455 Times in 2,116 Posts
My Mood: Fine

BB 2/3 v. 1/1. Incomplete body of work to compare.

I think Ben gets 1 more and I think Flacco gets 1 more before its all said and done.

Steelers will have had the jump start on playing without leaders. This will be Harbaugh and Flaccos first time after losing some guys. That's where I'd like to think the edge will be next season.

They're riding a wave of emotion - we're coming off a bad taste in our mouths.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:06 PM   #9
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,455 Times in 2,116 Posts
My Mood: Fine

I really can't stand the elite label. I think there is future HOF that are stat compilers and winners, then there are future HOF that win by any means necessary.

What makes Ben unorthodox and unique is what will punch his ticket. If he ups his game even more during his last 4-5 seasons COULD make him top 5 QB ever. I used to think Ben was going to walk away with 5 rings. Now, I'm just hoping for 1 more to solidify his legacy Any more than that would be awesome of course, but, Ben needs to evolve (dead horse I know)

Let's get Ben some reliable weapons that take the pressure off of him and the sky is the limit

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:10 PM   #10
BlaZeQuietly
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle_Of_Steel View Post
I can't STAND Flacco, but I have to admit-- he was one of the main reasons why they went. I still don't think he is "elite" though.
Flacco is not elite, just because you win a superbowl doesn't make you elite, Ben has won 2 but anyone thats not on the steelers fever forums will tell you hes not Elite.

Elite is Brady, Rogers, P. Manning and Breese. Thats it Ben, Ryan, Eli, Flacco are good- great but not elite. Watch one of the four guys week in and week out for a whole season, then watch flacco/ ben week in and week out, you'll get my drift.