Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-04-2013, 12:58 PM   #11
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,664 Times in 1,757 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: 2013 Opponents & Early Predictions

yup, fine line

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:59 PM   #12
desertsteel
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 915

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK_AND_YELLOW View Post
I see us bringing back legursky
He's a guy who plugs holes and is still young and getting better. He may get an offer to start somewhere though... and my guess if he does is that he will thrive and succeed, like some other OL that we discarded.

I'd like to see old man Starks back too.
desertsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:28 PM   #13
BlaZeQuietly
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 18219

Way too early to make any predictions, especially going off of assumptions of what our roster is going to look like.
as some one else said could be 5-11 could be 13-3, it all depends.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:33 PM   #14
BLACK_AND_YELLOW
Head Coach

Member Number: 18312
Thanked 2,000 Times in 947 Posts
My Mood: Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsteel View Post
He's a guy who plugs holes and is still young and getting better. He may get an offer to start somewhere though... and my guess if he does is that he will thrive and succeed, like some other OL that we discarded.

I'd like to see old man Starks back too.
I would like to see Starks back also but only as a backup cause he has no upside whats so ever it's time for the young players to step up
BLACK_AND_YELLOW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:39 PM   #15
kent
Bench Warmer

Speed Racer Champion! Big Truck Adventures 3 Champion! Bejeweled Champion! Chain Reaction - Newgrounds Champion!
Member Number: 24510

A little premature to make game picks. Id like to see how what the roster looks like come summer and then try to predict. One thing is key for getting in the playoffs is beating the teams we're supposed to beat and beating them handily (Cleveland, Oakland, Tennessee, Buffalo,).
kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:52 PM   #16
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,329 Times in 3,997 Posts

It's too early to make predictions without seeing how the offseason goes. However, I like how you broke it down and made a lucid argument.

Now, if we address RB, OLB and our offensive line stays healthy, we're the best team in the AFC. Easily. Did you guys see how truly mediocre the defenses were in the playoffs? Broncos, Texans and 9ers defenses looked absolutely average. If we can get healthy and productive again (Woodley, lookin' right at you bro) and address the glaring holes on defense (ROLB, S) then we're going to have the number one defense in the NFL again. There was a lot of bitching and complaining about our defense this year and I'll admit, I was guilty of some of that too, but looking at those supposed 'vaunted defenses', it was really eye-opening. Even at our worst, we weren't as bad as Houston was vs. the Patriots.

We just need our offense to buy what Haley is selling and stay healthy. It's not rocket science. If we're able to accomplish that and draft well and acquire a legitimate running back (Lacy, Gillislee, Lattimore or Bernard) we're going to, again, be in the championship hunt with a bye in the first round.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
steelfury02 (02-06-2013)
Old 02-04-2013, 02:03 PM   #17
BlaZeQuietly
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 18219

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
It's too early to make predictions without seeing how the offseason goes. However, I like how you broke it down and made a lucid argument.

Now, if we address RB, OLB and our offensive line stays healthy, we're the best team in the AFC. Easily. Did you guys see how truly mediocre the defenses were in the playoffs? Broncos, Texans and 9ers defenses looked absolutely average. If we can get healthy and productive again (Woodley, lookin' right at you bro) and address the glaring holes on defense (ROLB, S) then we're going to have the number one defense in the NFL again. There was a lot of bitching and complaining about our defense this year and I'll admit, I was guilty of some of that too, but looking at those supposed 'vaunted defenses', it was really eye-opening. Even at our worst, we weren't as bad as Houston was vs. the Patriots.

We just need our offense to buy what Haley is selling and stay healthy. It's not rocket science. If we're able to accomplish that and draft well and acquire a legitimate running back (Lacy, Gillislee, Lattimore or Bernard) we're going to, again, be in the championship hunt with a bye in the first round.
Yeah, we had some bad luck this year and still wen't 8-8, we could be a great team next years, just depends on how the ball bounces,and footballs are oblong so it's hard to tell how ones going to bounce

*shuts off sports center*
Old 02-04-2013, 02:19 PM   #18
wwhickok
Starter

Member Number: 24713

Agree completely with alot of you guys especially the last few posts. The offseason is usually boring especially when we gotta deal with the Heartbreak of La Ravenized SB , figured this would add some fun, i think it did. My 13-3philosophy or 5-11 is so skewed for the reason a lot of you mentioned, no real idea what the final roster will be like. Also i intentionally didnt add any draft picks in because i think if we DID cut all those OL loose we would be picking up UDFA's and that goes into a whole different realm of speculation...id like to see us keep starks also if its a reasonable deal.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:01 PM   #19
charlesk
Banned

Member Number: 24477

What makes anyone in Pittsburgh hopeful for the next season (not including crystal meth)? Steelers can't draft worth squat, no running game, a wreck of an offensive line that can't keep the QB upright (who is looking pretty fat nowadays and has lost a step), half the defense over 34 and retiring or getting cut, a gimp SS that can't stay healthy, and average coaching at best. What makes anyone here think all these people will take huge paycuts to stay with the Steelers if moron teams like Oakland will pay them six or eight million for a single year (albeit the Ravens will have a serious decision to make about Reed and how much he is worth for one more year as he is not the player he once was now (thank you Father Time you bastard))? These players have a small window to make as much money as possible as quickly as possible because the cash flow dries up after 36 now. I predict right now the Steelers do not make the playoffs next year. However I also don't think the Ravens will repeat as champs (playoffs easily, but SB a lot tougher). TOO MUCH competition in the AFC and you will have both Manning and Brady playing like men possessed. They each desperately want one more ring. Maybe Houston gets its act together on offense. Cincy is still on the ascent and lets see what Luck can do in season 2 in Indy. Ravens and Bengals will fight for number one in the division.
charlesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:19 PM   #20
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,329 Times in 3,997 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesk View Post
What makes anyone in Pittsburgh hopeful for the next season (not including crystal meth)? Steelers can't draft worth squat, no running game, a wreck of an offensive line that can't keep the QB upright (who is looking pretty fat nowadays and has lost a step), half the defense over 34 and retiring or getting cut, a gimp SS that can't stay healthy, and average coaching at best. What makes anyone here think all these people will take huge paycuts to stay with the Steelers if moron teams like Oakland will pay them six or eight million for a single year (albeit the Ravens will have a serious decision to make about Reed and how much he is worth for one more year as he is not the player he once was now (thank you Father Time you bastard))? These players have a small window to make as much money as possible as quickly as possible because the cash flow dries up after 36 now. I predict right now the Steelers do not make the playoffs next year. However I also don't think the Ravens will repeat as champs (playoffs easily, but SB a lot tougher). TOO MUCH competition in the AFC and you will have both Manning and Brady playing like men possessed. They each desperately want one more ring. Maybe Houston gets its act together on offense. Cincy is still on the ascent and lets see what Luck can do in season 2 in Indy. Ravens and Bengals will fight for number one in the division.
Why don't you pay Flacco 20 million and watch your team fall apart at the seams? You know, because the Ravens are already in cap hell and paying an average Quarterback 20 million dollars a year pretty much voids free agency, including keeping Ed Reed and the loss of leadership in Stabby-McMiddle-Linebacker? Ignoring the fact that Boldin will have to be cut in order to pay said average Quarterback, the offensive firepower isn't there. Do I have to remind you that Charlie Batch made your secondary look like absolute clowns? You're lucky you didn't have to run into a healthy Roethlisberger this year - it would've been ugly.

I think you have more important things to worry about than posting about our situation for next year. Run along and celebrate your Super Bowl victory but I hope you savor it - it'll be another 12 years before you're back. Don't worry about the Steelers - there's a reason why we bent you over for a decade straight and will continue to do so.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote