Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-04-2013, 11:02 PM   #11
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,246 Times in 2,690 Posts
Default Re: What a victory!

4 Then Ray Lewis was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted[a] by the devil. 2 After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. 3 The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.”

4 Ray Lewis answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’[b]”

5 Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. 6 “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written:

“‘He will command his angels concerning you,
and they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’[c]”

7 Ray Lewis answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’[d]”

8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9 “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”

10 Ray Lewis said to him, “Okay!.’[e]”
Old 02-04-2013, 11:09 PM   #12
The Curtain's Crusader
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17934

Awww, how cute!. How did you ever get the details changed to fit your team??
The Curtain's Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:23 AM   #13
RavensD
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 11573

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensNumberOne View Post
I'm just passing through unashamedly to gloat. I've had many ups and downs so I wanted to celebrate. Hey, my teams don't have so many Lombardi trophies lying around we can't count them on a single hand like y'all, let the underdawg get it every once in while yo ;)

Plus Steelers fans are being poor sports and obnoxious about it, like how long it took Flacco with a SB win. How long did it take Elway? Oh right, he had to LOSE a few Superbowls. Flacco has won a play-off game in EVERY one of his starting seasons since a rookie. He has more road wins than any other QB in post-season history, he just beat two of the best QBs IN HISTORY, ON THE ROAD, AND DIDN'T THROW A SINGLE INTERCEPTION TYING WITH JOE MONTANA FOR 12-0 in the post-season. GROW UP.Facts don't lie, Flacco is elite by every single measure, period, and you and all the other haters just look silly right now, a bunch of sour grapes.

Hey I dig it, Steelers-Ravens is a sick rivalry, and I wouldn't DARE root for Big Ben in another Superbowl, HOWEVER, I know what kind of calliber player he is, I know what calliber team Steelers are, and so we RESPECT THEM. All I ask is you respect what Ravens have accomplished, because the rivalry has just effectively been equalized. Since Ravens came to Baltimore we got TWO Superbowls to match the TWO that Steelers got in that same time period. We're also 14-7 in the post-season and y'all are 14-8 since 1996 ;)
Really? You think that coming to their house and gloating is going to earn their respect?

Whether they admit it or not, they already do respect us, and have for some time, just as we admire what a great organization they are.

But they don't have to like us (nor should they), and pulling stunts like this makes the rest of us Ravens fans look pretty bad by association
RavensD is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RavensD For This Useful Post:
Atlanta Dan (02-05-2013), JeromeBetties63 (02-05-2013), The Curtain's Crusader (02-08-2013)
Old 02-05-2013, 11:24 AM   #14
RavensD
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
4 Then Ray Lewis was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted[a] by the devil. 2 After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. 3 The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.”

4 Ray Lewis answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’[b]”

5 Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. 6 “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written:

“‘He will command his angels concerning you,
and they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’[c]”

7 Ray Lewis answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’[d]”

8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9 “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”

10 Ray Lewis said to him, “Okay!.’[e]”

That wasn't nice. LOL
Old 02-05-2013, 11:33 AM   #15
wwhickok
Starter

Member Number: 24713

Accidental double post
Old 02-05-2013, 11:34 AM   #16
wwhickok
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensNumberOne View Post
Joe Flacco, 9-5 and Superbowl not ELITE ENOUGH FOR YOU?

7 ROAD WINS NOT ELITE ENOUGH FOR YOU?

This year..

John Harbaugh > Jim Harbuagh

Joe Flacco Superbowl MVP > Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Colin Kaepernick

Ravens football is about LOVE and true RESPECT.
Thank you for handing in your credibility badge. You just proved that A) Cocain-lace Heroinized Meth is your drug of choice.

B) You don't know what respect is.

C) you have 0 football knowledge.

In no worls is Joe Flacco better than Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. I dont even think he is going to have a better career than Kapernick.

It was a team effort; with the help of the officials to win the Super Bowl. Take your b.s. and go back to the ghetto.

You are why people love to hate on Baltimore. You're pathetic. Oh we are all glad the murderer is gone.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:37 AM   #17
RavensD
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwhickok View Post
Oh we are all glad the murderer is gone.
He should have murdered the rapist
Old 02-05-2013, 11:45 AM   #18
wwhickok
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensD View Post
He should have murdered the rapist
Yeah I know your kind. You think youre clever. I think he should just have obeyed the law. The big difference is that the chick who accused Ben was liekly lying hence no charges. Lewis was charged with obstruction of Justice. The only reason he wasnt charged with more is because he followed his 'name'price and became a rat.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:58 AM   #19
RavensD
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwhickok View Post
Yeah I know your kind. You think youre clever. I think he should just have obeyed the law. The big difference is that the chick who accused Ben was liekly lying hence no charges. Lewis was charged with obstruction of Justice. The only reason he wasnt charged with more is because he followed his 'name'price and became a rat.
And I know your kind. You ignore the facts when it is convenient to your cause, and you say childish things like "We wont miss the murderer" when you have ABSOLUTELY ZERO PROOF THAT HE MURDERED anyone.

Which is why I said what I did. Nobody can prove Roethlisberger raped anyone, and it would be childish to call him a rapist. Same with Ray.

It is hypocritical to the extreme to pretend that Ben is some upstanding role model beyond refute, and then make idiotic statements like you just made.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:03 PM   #20
wwhickok
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensD View Post
And I know your kind. You ignore the facts when it is convenient to your cause, and you say childish things like "We wont miss the murderer" when you have ABSOLUTELY ZERO PROOF THAT HE MURDERED anyone.

Which is why I said what I did. Nobody can prove Roethlisberger raped anyone, and it would be childish to call him a rapist. Same with Ray.

It is hypocritical to the extreme to pretend that Ben is some upstanding role model beyond refute, and then make idiotic statements like you just made.

Your entire opening post is idiotic outside of Reed being one of the greatest Safeties in NFL history and your Randy Moss comment.

So I guess we have something in common ;) Get back in your carseat, we still own you in the playoffs. ;)

Oh and I NEVER said anything about Ben being an upstanding role model.