Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-04-2013, 10:58 PM   #21
charlesk
Banned

Member Number: 24477
Default Re: 2013 Opponents & Early Predictions

Flacco will not get 20 million. It has been standard Ravens practice to Franchise the big guy up for contract renewal. Reed, Suggs, Ngata, and Rice have all been franchised before. He will be franchised. They also want to see how well he does this coming year. Just to make sure this wasn't a fluke. He wants top QB money he needs to show what he can do. Cap room freed up by Lewis' retirement (Matt Birk probably as well who has probably too big of a salary as it is) and we have just two big names to sign on D (Kruger and Ellerbe). Pitta is restricted so he needs to be resigned as well. C. Williams is gone (emergence of C. Graham big reason). Reed will have to play for peanuts (maybe with a big bonus) if he wants to stay with the Ravens. Boldin will be back. Thats a fact. Ravens draft, we don't need free agency.

BTW In regards to us lucking out on not facing BB you should blame your lousy offensive line and substandard RBs for not being able to protect your QB. He gets hit so damn frequently of course he is going to miss a lot of games. BTW Who gets beat down and punked out in jail? Rapists who can't keep their hands to themselves or guys who stabbed two guys fucking with him (although the proof isn't there)? While we are airing dirty laundry your ghetto trash James Harrison let his dog literally rip his kid's face off. Doesn't know how to properly take care of either a child or a dog. Pathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Why don't you pay Flacco 20 million and watch your team fall apart at the seams? You know, because the Ravens are already in cap hell and paying an average Quarterback 20 million dollars a year pretty much voids free agency, including keeping Ed Reed and the loss of leadership in Stabby-McMiddle-Linebacker? Ignoring the fact that Boldin will have to be cut in order to pay said average Quarterback, the offensive firepower isn't there. Do I have to remind you that Charlie Batch made your secondary look like absolute clowns? You're lucky you didn't have to run into a healthy Roethlisberger this year - it would've been ugly.

I think you have more important things to worry about than posting about our situation for next year. Run along and celebrate your Super Bowl victory but I hope you savor it - it'll be another 12 years before you're back. Don't worry about the Steelers - there's a reason why we bent you over for a decade straight and will continue to do so.
charlesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:24 PM   #22
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 18,741 Times in 7,907 Posts
My Mood: Dead

19-0.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
JeromeBetties63 (02-05-2013)
Old 02-04-2013, 11:29 PM   #23
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,353 Times in 4,006 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesk View Post
Flacco will not get 20 million. It has been standard Ravens practice to Franchise the big guy up for contract renewal. Reed, Suggs, Ngata, and Rice have all been franchised before. He will be franchised. They also want to see how well he does this coming year. Just to make sure this wasn't a fluke. He wants top QB money he needs to show what he can do. Cap room freed up by Lewis' retirement (Matt Birk probably as well who has probably too big of a salary as it is) and we have just two big names to sign on D (Kruger and Ellerbe). Pitta is restricted so he needs to be resigned as well. C. Williams is gone (emergence of C. Graham big reason). Reed will have to play for peanuts (maybe with a big bonus) if he wants to stay with the Ravens. Boldin will be back. Thats a fact. Ravens draft, we don't need free agency.

BTW In regards to us lucking out on not facing BB you should blame your lousy offensive line and substandard RBs for not being able to protect your QB. He gets hit so damn frequently of course he is going to miss a lot of games. BTW Who gets beat down and punked out in jail? Rapists who can't keep their hands to themselves or guys who stabbed two guys fucking with him (although the proof isn't there)? While we are airing dirty laundry your ghetto trash James Harrison let his dog literally rip his kid's face off. Doesn't know how to properly take care of either a child or a dog. Pathetic.
See, I only skimmed and scanned over this because frankly, I don't really care about the Ravens' situation and I'm not on Ravens boards' talking about it. I suggest you take this conversation to another board.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:41 AM   #24
wwhickok
Starter

Member Number: 24713

Quote:
What makes anyone in Pittsburgh hopeful for the next season (not including crystal meth)? Steelers can't draft worth squat, no running game, a wreck of an offensive line that can't keep the QB upright (who is looking pretty fat nowadays and has lost a step), half the defense over 34 and retiring or getting cut, a gimp SS that can't stay healthy, and average coaching at best. What makes anyone here think all these people will take huge paycuts to stay with the Steelers if moron teams like Oakland will pay them six or eight million for a single year (albeit the Ravens will have a serious decision to make about Reed and how much he is worth for one more year as he is not the player he once was now (thank you Father Time you bastard))? These players have a small window to make as much money as possible as quickly as possible because the cash flow dries up after 36 now. I predict right now the Steelers do not make the playoffs next year. However I also don't think the Ravens will repeat as champs (playoffs easily, but SB a lot tougher). TOO MUCH competition in the AFC and you will have both Manning and Brady playing like men possessed. They each desperately want one more ring. Maybe Houston gets its act together on offense. Cincy is still on the ascent and lets see what Luck can do in season 2 in Indy. Ravens and Bengals will fight for number one in the division.
Youre the kind of fan that makes me hate the Ravens. You remind me of Cary Williams.

Oh and FYI considering how mediocre the Ravens looked in the second half of the SB and how Rice seems to have developed a growing case of fumbilitis, Im going to make this a bold preditction.

Ratbirds finish 7-9
Old 02-05-2013, 09:51 AM   #25
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,685 Times in 1,768 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Just like your god-loving leader, you win the SB and are still thinking about us.

I think half of that trophy belongs to the Steelers franchise seeing as your team lives and breathes on what the Steelers and their fanbase think

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:02 AM   #26
wootawnee
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 4530

You can just about guarantee the Oakland game is a Loss......Mark it down now, and work around it......

Look up the stats....... Ben Rothlisberger won one game in his career in the state of California.......2005 San Diego by a field goal...... 0-2 in Oakland
Old 02-05-2013, 10:18 AM   #27
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,685 Times in 1,768 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by wootawnee View Post
You can just about guarantee the Oakland game is a Loss......Mark it down now, and work around it......

Look up the stats....... Ben Rothlisberger won one game in his career in the state of California.......2005 San Diego by a field goal...... 0-2 in Oakland
I hope this is one of those "as soon as you say it, the opposite will happen"

Yea - we all need to know by now that there is a trend of traveling west and also playing down. BTW - can we just please stop playing the Raiders for a while now - what is this like 3 times in 4 seasons now?

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:25 AM   #28
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,134 Times in 2,825 Posts

Disagree about Ryan Clark being released - he has been the Steelers best DB the past 2 seasons

But lots of changes coming - could be a few down years like 1998 - 2000 under Cowher - a series of disappointing drafts are starting to hurt

With regard to the schedule, the Steelers should go to Goodell and say they do not want to play the ravens in the Thursday night opener in Baltimore since the Ravens bitched and moaned about possibly opening the season in Pittsburgh to start the 2009 season
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:41 AM   #29
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

Quote:
Flacco will not get 20 million. It has been standard Ravens practice to Franchise the big guy up for contract renewal. Reed, Suggs, Ngata, and Rice have all been franchised before. He will be franchised. They also want to see how well he does this coming year. Just to make sure this wasn't a fluke. He wants top QB money he needs to show what he can do.
You're a goofball.

He just took you to the SB and was named SB MVP. He doesn't have to prove anything anymore to your management. He will demand top money, and rightly so.

Even if you tag him, you will still have to shell out some money to keep a SB MVP QB around.

But is that money you should be spending to try and close the gap that will be left by a departed #52 or to resign Boldin. How much faith do you have in young Joe Flacco? Are you willing to sacrifice your defense to keep him?

Quote:
Reed will have to play for peanuts (maybe with a big bonus) if he wants to stay with the Ravens. Boldin will be back. Thats a fact. Ravens draft, we don't need free agency.
And if Reed does not take a huge paycut-- what does that mean for your defense? Who are you gonna find in the draft to replace BOTH Ray Lewis and Ed Reed? That would be some feat.

Enjoy your SB victory. I predict a 7-9 for you guys next year.

Quote:
BTW Who gets beat down and punked out in jail? Rapists who can't keep their hands to themselves or guys who stabbed two guys fucking with him (although the proof isn't there)?
Doesn't really matter since Ray Lewis is the only one who almost went in the can.

Quote:
While we are airing dirty laundry your ghetto trash James Harrison let his dog literally rip his kid's face off. Doesn't know how to properly take care of either a child or a dog. Pathetic.
No, the dog bit him on the leg, and Harrison was not home at the time, the babysitter was.

Enjoy your SB victory and your unibrowed fraqnchise player, it's back to reality for the Baltimore Browns next year.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:50 PM   #30
charlesk
Banned

Member Number: 24477

On a serious note what is there to be positive about in Pittsburgh next season? Poor offensive line play, D getting a major overhaul, no running game and people have to start being worried about Big Ben's future. With the season on the line he blew it big two weeks in a row and cost the Steeler's a shot at the division and possibly playoff glory. His injuries are mounting and he doesn't look quite as mobile as before and once again even the most diehard Steeler fan has to admit the O line is a disaster with few signs of hope. Ravens playoffs next year easily, SB no. Too much competition in the AFC.

PS Harrison treated his dog like a pos which is why the dog bit his kid. Typical ghetto douche owning a Pitbull he can't properly take care and then pretending to be surprised when it attacks (being the trash Harrison is he was probably beating it and neglecting it). My pitbulls have never attacked anyone without me telling them to (especially children).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle_Of_Steel View Post
You're a goofball.

He just took you to the SB and was named SB MVP. He doesn't have to prove anything anymore to your management. He will demand top money, and rightly so.

Even if you tag him, you will still have to shell out some money to keep a SB MVP QB around.

But is that money you should be spending to try and close the gap that will be left by a departed #52 or to resign Boldin. How much faith do you have in young Joe Flacco? Are you willing to sacrifice your defense to keep him?

And if Reed does not take a huge paycut-- what does that mean for your defense? Who are you gonna find in the draft to replace BOTH Ray Lewis and Ed Reed? That would be some feat.

Enjoy your SB victory. I predict a 7-9 for you guys next year.

Doesn't really matter since Ray Lewis is the only one who almost went in the can.

No, the dog bit him on the leg, and Harrison was not home at the time, the babysitter was.

Enjoy your SB victory and your unibrowed fraqnchise player, it's back to reality for the Baltimore Browns next year.
charlesk is offline   Reply With Quote