Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-05-2013, 11:49 AM   #11
JeromeBetties63
Starter

Member Number: 19049
Default Re: Open letter to Niners fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedPurple View Post
Since they won't let me make an account on their forums I will post it here: to all 9ers fans crying about the hold in the endzone on the punt with ~12 seconds left. . . got news for ya, there were 8-9 holds on that play. John told the entire TEAM to hold, because guess what offensive holding in the endzone is. . . A SAFETY! AND IT DOESN'T STOP THE CLOCK!

Geeze just pisses me off because they were all crying over it. . .
Uh, the one they are complaining about is the hold on the 49ers last offensive play.
JeromeBetties63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:56 AM   #12
wwhickok
Starter

Member Number: 24713

Quote:
Since they won't let me make an account on their forums I will post it here: to all 9ers fans crying about the hold in the endzone on the punt with ~12 seconds left. . . got news for ya, there were 8-9 holds on that play. John told the entire TEAM to hold, because guess what offensive holding in the endzone is. . . A SAFETY! AND IT DOESN'T STOP THE CLOCK!

You just contradicted yourself....IF they had called holding it wouldve immediately stopped the clock and it wouldve resulted in a saftey. Forcing the Ravens to have to punt with about 8-9the seconda on the clock possibly.

BUT the holding call that wasnt called....was blatantly defesnive holding. Which would/should have given the 49ers an automatic first down on the one.

Welcome to the world of tainted Super Bowls b****es ;)
Old 02-05-2013, 12:12 PM   #13
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 7,966 Times in 3,375 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwhickok View Post
You just contradicted yourself....IF they had called holding it wouldve immediately stopped the clock and it wouldve resulted in a saftey. Forcing the Ravens to have to punt with about 8-9the seconda on the clock possibly.

BUT the holding call that wasnt called....was blatantly defesnive holding. Which would/should have given the 49ers an automatic first down on the one.

That defensive holding call that wasn't called gets me. I give the Ravens credit for winning and they played like winners. However, by not calling that penalty the refs took the game out of the players hands.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:54 PM   #14
BleedPurple
Starter

Member Number: 19142

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeBetties63 View Post
Uh, the one they are complaining about is the hold on the 49ers last offensive play.
No they are complaining about both, did you even go to a 9ers board?

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/ni...ed-block-like/

From the thread:

"John tells his players to hold and kill the clock to take the safety either way. How can a whole team hold that obviously and not one get called for it? That should tell you what the Ravens were getting away with on our last drive."

And there were several other threads merged earlier in the week. So . . . you were saying?
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:56 PM   #15
BleedPurple
Starter

Member Number: 19142

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwhickok View Post

Wrong, calling holding doesn't stop the play. In what game have you ever seen holding stop a play? It isn't a pre-snap penalty. Seriously, just think about what you said. If holding stopped a play you could use it to negate a sack. Know you QB is going to be tackled for an 8 yard loss and loss of down? Just commit a holding penalty and get the play blown dead before the sack can happen! The defense can't decline the penalty because the play was not completed, they have to accept a 10 yard loss. Boom, save the loss of down and keep the 2 yards.

Are you daft or just being intentionally thick in an ironic impression of a Steelers fan?
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:12 PM   #16
JeromeBetties63
Starter

Member Number: 19049

Quote:
No they are complaining about both, did you even go to a 9ers board?

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/ni...ed-block-like/

From the thread:

"John tells his players to hold and kill the clock to take the safety either way. How can a whole team hold that obviously and not one get called for it? That should tell you what the Ravens were getting away with on our last drive."

And there were several other threads merged earlier in the week. So . . . you were saying?
I'm saying the Ravens got away with holding....twice. But the one that matters is the hold on the offensive play. And that's the one most people were complaining about. Don't strain at a gnat to swallow a camel.
JeromeBetties63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:27 AM   #17
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 17,882 Times in 7,557 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:

I agree: that was a smart call by John. Because, you are right: if the refs call holding... oh well.. they were going for the safety anyway. [Note to all: throwing a flag would not have stopped the clock; the play had to end first, and then the penalty would be assessed... just like on every other offensive play.]

Ugh... did I just agree with a Ravens fan!?! I feel so dirty... ick.

Speaking of holding... the PI on Jimmy Smith... uh... that is a different story...
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote