Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 02-05-2013, 03:19 PM   #31
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 10,158 Times in 4,301 Posts
Default Re: What a victory!

Congratulations. Why are you celebrating on the Steelers' forum? I'm fairly confident in saying that we didn't celebrate on your boards in '05 and '08. But, ya know, I could be wrong.

It's like you're trying to get the attention of Steelers fans. Well, Harbaugh was trying to get Tomlin's attention so I guess like headcoach like fanbase? Here's a tip, Ravens fans, we don't give a shit. We've actually won championships and don't have to celebrate like we're not going to be there again. But, stay classy Baltimore.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:16 PM   #32
BleedPurple
Starter

Member Number: 19142

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Congratulations. Why are you celebrating on the Steelers' forum? I'm fairly confident in saying that we didn't celebrate on your boards in '05 and '08. But, ya know, I could be wrong.

It's like you're trying to get the attention of Steelers fans. Well, Harbaugh was trying to get Tomlin's attention so I guess like headcoach like fanbase? Here's a tip, Ravens fans, we don't give a shit. We've actually won championships and don't have to celebrate like we're not going to be there again. But, stay classy Baltimore.
Amen. SMH fellow Ravens fans.

SteelersCanada: there were gloaters on our boards following your last superbowl run, I don't think any fanbase is immune over excited fans, most likely in the younger demographic who maybe have not seen a SB before.
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:36 PM   #33
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 10,158 Times in 4,301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedPurple View Post
Amen. SMH fellow Ravens fans.

SteelersCanada: there were gloaters on our boards following your last superbowl run, I don't think any fanbase is immune over excited fans, most likely in the younger demographic who maybe have not seen a SB before.
You're absolutely right that all fanbases have these kind of fans and you're hitting the nail on the head again that they're the younger fans as well. When we last won our title I wasn't on your guys' boards, but I'm a little disappointed that people felt the need to go and celebrate on a Ravens forum.

I might not like the Ravens, but I'm able to recognize and appreciate the fact they just won a title. That appreciation is quickly disappearing with threads like this though.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:46 PM   #34
BleedPurple
Starter

Member Number: 19142

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
You're absolutely right that all fanbases have these kind of fans and you're hitting the nail on the head again that they're the younger fans as well. When we last won our title I wasn't on your guys' boards, but I'm a little disappointed that people felt the need to go and celebrate on a Ravens forum.

I might not like the Ravens, but I'm able to recognize and appreciate the fact they just won a title. That appreciation is quickly disappearing with threads like this though.
And I don't blame you. Try to keep in mind that MOST (if we define most as >50% lol) Ravens fans do not feel the need to gloat here after a win and look forward to what this win will do for the AFCN, aka best division in football the last decade.
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:09 PM   #35
charlesk
Banned

Member Number: 24477

Amen to that! Thing that sucks about that for any of the teams fighting for the playoffs out of the AFC North is the fact that because they play in such a tough division they never get the Number 1 seed or homefield (normally). Teams like NE and the Chargers and the Broncos and Colts have gotten them over the past decade bc of the lower quality of competition in their divisions. Let's face it too. No matter how good you are it is tough to win on the road in the playoffs.

Quote:
And I don't blame you. Try to keep in mind that MOST (if we define most as >50% lol) Ravens fans do not feel the need to gloat here after a win and look forward to what this win will do for the AFCN, aka best division in football the last decade.
charlesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:08 PM   #36
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Member Number: 16173

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesk View Post
Amen to that! Thing that sucks about that for any of the teams fighting for the playoffs out of the AFC North is the fact that because they play in such a tough division they never get the Number 1 seed or homefield (normally). Teams like NE and the Chargers and the Broncos and Colts have gotten them over the past decade bc of the lower quality of competition in their divisions. Let's face it too. No matter how good you are it is tough to win on the road in the playoffs.
Yeah but at the same time, look at this way, playing in a tough division prepares you well which is why our two teams usually can go pretty deep into the playoffs. Besides even though I bet it would been neat sentimentally wise for the Ravens to win the AFC championship at home, there's something to be said about beating the Patriots in NE to win the conference. Hell you guys should have done it last year which is frankly why even though I had NE winning the game, I wasn't surprised at all when the Ravens won the game.
GMU Steeler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:09 PM   #37
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Member Number: 16173

Quote:
We have the best rivalry in the sport. Football as football should be played. I have to admit while I hate the Ravens(hey it's law basically heh), I do grudgingly respect yall because we both value much of the same things in our teams.
GMU Steeler is online now   Reply With Quote