Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-05-2013, 08:55 PM   #111
sluggermatt15
Team Captain

Member Number: 20316
Default Re: Big Ben vs Joe Flacco

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw04ca View Post
I don't really buy that line of thinking. That's like saying that Garrard is better than Ben because he has the advantage over Ben in their head-to-head playoff record. And beat him in Pittsburgh. Flacco had a legendary postseason, and now it's time for the Steelers to step up and show they've still got it.
Just because Joe Flacco wins a Super Bowl does NOT mean he is on the SAME LEVEL as Roethlisberger. Flacco has a long way to go. His numbers aren't as great, he doesn't make the same amount of great plays Roethlisberger does, he isn't as consistent, and Ben has played in THREE Super Bowls.

Nice first SB, Joe Flacco, but you still have work to do to be on the same level as Big Ben.
sluggermatt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:58 PM   #112
aa14
Banned

Member Number: 24529
My Mood: In Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
Just because Joe Flacco wins a Super Bowl does NOT mean he is on the SAME LEVEL as Roethlisberger. Flacco has a long way to go. His numbers aren't as great, he doesn't make the same amount of great plays Roethlisberger does, he isn't as consistent, and Ben has played in THREE Super Bowls.

Nice first SB, Joe Flacco, but you still have work to do to be on the same level as Big Ben.
You're speaking of Roethlisberger in in the present tense as if he can still exude prime play. I don't think that is correct and you're in for a rude awakening next season. He has been hit way too much, not to mention injured. Another few years and Ben will definitely retire.
aa14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:01 PM   #113
sluggermatt15
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa14 View Post
You're speaking of Roethlisberger in in the present tense as if he can still exude prime play. I don't think that is correct and you're in for a rude awakening next season. He has been hit way too much, not to mention injured. Another few years and Ben will definitely retire.
Look at the stats. They don't lie. Roethlisberger is superior. Let's see how Flacco handles the pressure of being the "defending SB champion" QB next year. Everything will be stacked against him and his team.

Get out of here you troll.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:03 PM   #114
RavenManiac
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 11537

I think all that has been proven is that Cam Cameron was a lead weight tied to Baltimore's offense for the last couple years. That Bryant McKinnie (plus juggling) > Jah Reid/Bobby Williams. That Flacco can look similar to the best QBs in the league when given protection and a good game plan.

The issue is how Flacco looks when the O-line isn't playing lights out. Past history indicates he is far below average in that department (then again Cameron was involved). The recent playoff run didn't show us anything to change that situation (the protection was too good).

Roethlisberger is still >> Flacco due to this last point. He makes more with less especially in terms of protection. Flacco makes less with less. It has been a long time since Ben has had the luxury of great pass blocking, but I can't imagine he is any less effective than Flacco with great protection.

That said, Flacco is going to get massively paid almost entirely because of this 5 game run from week 16 to the SB (excluding meaningless week 17 game). The timing couldn't have been any more perfect for him. And in a couple years we will see whether the impending contract looks fair or foolish/disasterous for the Ravens. The latter cannot be ruled out at all.
RavenManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:06 PM   #115
sw04ca
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24551

Quote:

Does Flacco have the same legacy as Ben? Nope. But this last season was better than Ben's. We'll see what happens this season. Maybe it's an aberration, but maybe this is a changing of the guard.
sw04ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:06 PM   #116
aa14
Banned

Quote:
Look at the stats. They don't lie. Roethlisberger is superior. Let's see how Flacco handles the pressure of being the "defending SB champion" QB next year. Everything will be stacked against him and his team.

Get out of here you troll.
Roethlisberger had some GREAT days and some GREAT years. No one can ever take that away. I think it is apparent Flacco is on the rise as the newest superbowl MVP while Ben's best days are more than half a decade gone. He has taken way too many hits, it's sad. I know you disagree with me but as I inferred in my last post; you'll see come opening day.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:10 PM   #117
sluggermatt15
Team Captain

It sounds like both of you just jumped on the Ravens bandwagon in the not-so-distant past. Do you even watch football? By the likes of what you are typing here, it sounds not. Go ahead and start going around and saying Joe Flacco is God and that he is comparable to Tom Brady. See how far that gets you.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:16 PM   #118
aa14
Banned

Quote:
It sounds like both of you just jumped on the Ravens bandwagon in the not-so-distant past. Do you even watch football? By the likes of what you are typing here, it sounds not. Go ahead and start going around and saying Joe Flacco is God and that he is comparable to Tom Brady. See how far that gets you.
So instead of engaging in a discussion about the players and teams you will start throwing out inane ad-hominem attacks. What is the point? Just ignore people you deem unworthy of discussing football if you feel as such. I didn't say anything as hyperbolic as Flacco being comparable to Tom brady. I didn't infer anything remotely close to that straw-man drivel.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:21 PM   #119
sw04ca
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24551

Quote:
??? This sport is all about what have you done for me lately. You can't deny that Flacco's last four games were very well played, while Ben has been wracked by injury. I'm no fool who could say that Flacco's achievements so far have outweighed Ben's, but Flacco had a better year.
sw04ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:31 PM   #120
scottcurtis
Banned

Member Number: 24767

Quote:

And he sucked in 2 of them.
scottcurtis is offline   Reply With Quote