Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 02-05-2013, 07:45 PM   #21
Twentyvalve
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18796
Default Re: Steelers need a #1 receiver...who?

lloydwoodson -

Sorry, I could not resist -

I know it was a typo, but you typed "fropped" instead of "dropped." I thought that was funny! Because the Steelers receivers did not drop passes, they "fropped" them! I guess it is a combination of fumble, drop, whatever, that immediately came to mind. You made a new word, and the Steelers found new ways to botch passes. A perfect match!

QUOTE=lloydwoodson;1083447]Wallace being re-signed is the best option for the Steelers. Hopefully that somehow happens despite the odds.

Wallace can not be traded he is not under contract. If they were going to trade him they should have tried last year.

Bowe has a reputation for fropping passes. Also, Steelers dont sign big FA. Don't see that happening.

WRs have been handled badly by the FO for a long time now. I don't see anything good happening for the WR corps. Letting Holmes walk then signing AB who is Holmes-lite for the same money doesn't make a lot of sense to me considering the chemistry Holmes and Ben had developed. Signing AB over Wallace doesn't make a whole lot of sense either when Sanders is a similar receiver to AB.

Better hope Miller makes a speedy recovery or Ben isn't going to have a whole lot of options to throw to.[/QUOTE]
Twentyvalve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:48 PM   #22
jacobo
Team Captain

Member Number: 24766

Ben's never had a whole lot of options to throw to. Getting back Santonio and getting rid of Wallace would be alright for me. Both have shit attitudes but Holmes is a much better receiver. Have him, Cotchery and Plax start and let AB and Sanders have something to think about.
jacobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:51 PM   #23
sluggermatt15
Team Captain

Member Number: 20316

I think the draft is a viable option for a WR. Though I believe the team will not take a WR in the first round, they may do the usual and attempt to find a diamond in the rough. Like it has been mentioned above, the Steelers are never big players in the FA market. Bringing Mike Wallace back is an option, but I guess it depends on the price. Steelers should have a little more cap room since some of their 2012-2013 cap was consumed with buyouts players they cut or released - Hines Ward, Chris Kemoeatu, James Farrior, etc.
sluggermatt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:29 PM   #24
vindrow
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13150
My Mood: Hot

I wouldn't mind the Steelers going after Danny Amendola...not sure if he is a #1 reciever, but he reminds a little of Hines.....He is not afraid of taking a hit if it means he can come down with the ball, he is a tough player.
vindrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:36 PM   #25
desertsteel
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 915

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeBetties63 View Post
Randy Moss, because he is, "The greatest receiver to ever play the game."
He's the greatest deep threat ever and in the top 5 overall.
desertsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:41 PM   #26
desertsteel
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 915

Isn't it funny that going into the 2012 season most fans and analysts considered the Steelers' receiving corp to be the best in the league... now we talk as if it's the worst...
desertsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:10 PM   #27
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 8,969 Times in 3,713 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsteel View Post
Isn't it funny that going into the 2012 season most fans and analysts considered the Steelers' receiving corp to be the best in the league... now we talk as if it's the worst...
I was thinking the same thing earlier. Time will tell which it is. Brown has potential to be something. If Wallace gets in the right situation he will shine.
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:44 PM   #28
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Why is everyone so certain that Antonio Brown is not a good #1 receiver? I actually think that Sander might be our best all-around receiver, if only he could stay healthy.

Edit: With the caveat that Heath is obviously our best receiver, but...
SteelersCanada (02-05-2013)
Old 02-05-2013, 09:53 PM   #29
RavenManiac
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 11537

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
traded for 3rd, 4th, 5th round pick

I wouldn't be willing to give up that many middle rounds - but, Wallace and a 4th and 5th - you betcha

We traded a late 3rd (#88) and very late 4th (#123) for Boldin and Arizona's 5th (#157).

So we didn't give up as much as you think, but we didn't give up peanuts either. And up until late this year, I don't think many people were happy with the deal, frankly. But that had more to do with Flacco-Cameron than Anquan himself.
RavenManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:09 PM   #30
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenManiac View Post
We traded a late 3rd (#88) and very late 4th (#123) for Boldin and Arizona's 5th (#157).

So we didn't give up as much as you think, but we didn't give up peanuts either. And up until late this year, I don't think many people were happy with the deal, frankly. But that had more to do with Flacco-Cameron than Anquan himself.
Anquan left a Super Bowl contender that has done squat since, and now he just won one himself. Good for him. I always thought he got treated somewhat badly in Arizona, so the karma may have turned around.