Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2013, 09:56 AM   #71
JeromeBetties63
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 931
Member Number: 19049
Thanks: 538
Thanked 652 Times in 344 Posts
Default Re: If the Steelers put Ben on the trading block....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
Because our fan base is a bunch of fucking ungrateful assholes.
No it isn't, we are talking about 3% or less who think we should trade Ben. Don't make blanket statements...especially about Steeler Nation.
JeromeBetties63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:00 AM   #72
JeromeBetties63
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 931
Member Number: 19049
Thanks: 538
Thanked 652 Times in 344 Posts
Default Re: If the Steelers put Ben on the trading block....

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
that's kind of harsh. You don't think we would have been to 3 SB's if I were the QB? Boy you're really going out on a limb with that assumption.
I'm just saying, Ben plays how Ben plays and that has made him a winner and has given us 2 more championships and 3 trips to the show. If he gets hurt this season and has to retire....I wouldn't ask him to change how he plays. "You live by the sword you die by the sword." But this sword has added two Lombardi's to the Steeler trophy case.
JeromeBetties63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:31 AM   #73
SteelCitian
Bench Warmer
 
SteelCitian's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Haddonfield, NJ
Posts: 266
Gender: Male
Member Number: 24748
Thanks: 21
Thanked 145 Times in 64 Posts
Default Re: If the Steelers put Ben on the trading block....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackH View Post
When I hear somebody suggest the possibility of trading Ben, I recall that 20-year stretch when we had guys like Mark Malone, Bubby Brister, Neil O'Donnell, Kordell Stewart, and Tommy Maddox at QB. And no Lombardi Trophies.

We had four with Bradshaw and two so far with Ben. I like the chances of winning one or two more with Ben.
At least O'Donnell got us there.
SteelCitian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:37 AM   #74
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter
 
steelfury02's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,899
Member Number: 6076
Thanks: 5,381
Thanked 4,721 Times in 2,229 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: If the Steelers put Ben on the trading block....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeBetties63 View Post
I'm just saying, Ben plays how Ben plays and that has made him a winner and has given us 2 more championships and 3 trips to the show. If he gets hurt this season and has to retire....I wouldn't ask him to change how he plays. "You live by the sword you die by the sword." But this sword has added two Lombardi's to the Steeler trophy case.
I agree - no one saw anything like Ben and he earned his status.

That said, he needs to change his ways because we're talking XLVIII this seasonI - XLIII is getting to be a long time ago and Ben can't keep doing things the same way - he must evolve and oh yea, I agree, he must get pieces around him if we want to enjoy #7 before Ben retires
__________________

I'VE GOT SOME YOUTHFUL ADJUSTMENTS FOR 'DAT AZZ
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:45 AM   #75
harrison'samonster
Living Legend
 
harrison'samonster's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Youngstown, OH
Posts: 7,972
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17630
Thanks: 63,919
Thanked 10,736 Times in 4,285 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: If the Steelers put Ben on the trading block....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeBetties63 View Post
I'm just saying, Ben plays how Ben plays and that has made him a winner and has given us 2 more championships and 3 trips to the show. If he gets hurt this season and has to retire....I wouldn't ask him to change how he plays. "You live by the sword you die by the sword." But this sword has added two Lombardi's to the Steeler trophy case.
I love the way you're thinking. I just disagree with it. Ben has to realize that when we're 6-3 with 3 games against division rivals coming up, and 5 in the season against division rivals overall still to come, taking the penalty and punting away isn't the worst thing that can happen.

Especially when it's a tied game with the second half still to play.
__________________
And when did you begin to believe that you are Jesus?
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to harrison'samonster For This Useful Post:
wwhickok (02-06-2013)
Old 02-06-2013, 10:52 AM   #76
JeromeBetties63
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 931
Member Number: 19049
Thanks: 538
Thanked 652 Times in 344 Posts
Default Re: If the Steelers put Ben on the trading block....

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
I love the way you're thinking. I just disagree with it. Ben has to realize that when we're 6-3 with 3 games against division rivals coming up, and 5 in the season against division rivals overall still to come, taking the penalty and punting away isn't the worst thing that can happen.

Especially when it's a tied game with the second half still to play.
So you disagree with two Championships...got it.
JeromeBetties63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:04 AM   #77
harrison'samonster
Living Legend
 
harrison'samonster's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Youngstown, OH
Posts: 7,972
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17630
Thanks: 63,919
Thanked 10,736 Times in 4,285 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: If the Steelers put Ben on the trading block....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeBetties63 View Post
So you disagree with two Championships...got it.
don't be ridiculous. I'm not saying anything about the years we won the SB. I'm talking about this past season. You don't want to acknowledge what I'm saying and keep repeating "2 championships" that's fine, we'll end the conversation there.
__________________
And when did you begin to believe that you are Jesus?
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:09 AM   #78
JeromeBetties63
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 931
Member Number: 19049
Thanks: 538
Thanked 652 Times in 344 Posts
Default Re: If the Steelers put Ben on the trading block....

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
don't be ridiculous. I'm not saying anything about the years we won the SB. I'm talking about this past season. You don't want to acknowledge what I'm saying and keep repeating "2 championships" that's fine, we'll end the conversation there.
Just because you don't like the argument doesn't make it invalid. Look, you tried to make the case that somehow Ben in 1.8 seconds, from in the pocket caused his own injury. It is ludicrous. But beyond that, you are insinuating that Ben should change his style of play. Well, I find that to be counterproductive....unless winning 2 championships doesn't matter to you (I said it again because winning the title is the goal and Ben's style of play has done it....twice....and will probably do it again.)
JeromeBetties63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:21 AM   #79
harrison'samonster
Living Legend
 
harrison'samonster's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Youngstown, OH
Posts: 7,972
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17630
Thanks: 63,919
Thanked 10,736 Times in 4,285 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: If the Steelers put Ben on the trading block....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeBetties63 View Post
Just because you don't like the argument doesn't make it invalid. Look, you tried to make the case that somehow Ben in 1.8 seconds, from in the pocket caused his own injury. It is ludicrous. But beyond that, you are insinuating that Ben should change his style of play. Well, I find that to be counterproductive....unless winning 2 championships doesn't matter to you (I said it again because winning the title is the goal and Ben's style of play has done it....twice....and will probably do it again.)
Things change, Roethlisberger is getting older. He's got to realize he's got to help protect himself.

Roethlisberger didn't cause his own injury, and I've never tried to argue that he did. In fact in the first post of mine you responded to on this thread, I said that the play happened so fast even if he did throw it away he would have gotten hit anyway. Players get hurt and you can't change that.

Again, you want to keep arguing about "2 championships" that were 7 and 5 years ago. Things change, get use to it.
__________________
And when did you begin to believe that you are Jesus?
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to harrison'samonster For This Useful Post:
steelfury02 (02-06-2013)
Old 02-06-2013, 11:50 AM   #80
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter
 
steelfury02's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,899
Member Number: 6076
Thanks: 5,381
Thanked 4,721 Times in 2,229 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: If the Steelers put Ben on the trading block....

all I'm saying to your point is that things change - Ben cannot just rely on his improv alone (beating dead horse)
__________________

I'VE GOT SOME YOUTHFUL ADJUSTMENTS FOR 'DAT AZZ
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts