Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-26-2013, 10:56 AM   #21
dez09231
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11142
Default Re: Flacco to be looking for $20M !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedPurple View Post
I don't necessarily disagree with your list entirely, but if we are going off of value as of today and not based on their career, then I would have to put P. Manning and Big Ben below Flacco. They are old and banged up.

Also, in that list, who is in a contract year? Flacco. Also, of that list, who is still playing the 2012 season? Just Flacco.

I am predicting we will see somewhere in the area of 6 yrs $80M.

How conveniantly everyone forgets how mediocre and streaky Joe Flacco is.
dez09231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:07 PM   #22
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,446 Times in 4,042 Posts

Big Ben below Flacco? Uh, yeah, that makes sense in fucking bizarro world. People keep heaping on the praise that Flacco won a playoff game in his first 5 seasons. Well, that's fantastic. I'm very, very happy for Joey. Ben won two Super Bowls in his first five years and thus earned his big paycheck that the Steelers gave to him.

Flacco is the definition of inconsistent and streaky. His key play is throw-it-and-pray-for-PI which doesn't scream 'elite' or '100 million dollars' to me. He's average with a ridiculous supporting cast including a top 5 RB and receivers with fantastic hands. When he plays against a great - nay, good - secondary he falls apart.

Saying that Ben, who had better stats in every single statistical category except yardage and that was only because he played 13 games, is some how below Flacco in terms of the Quarterback totem pole makes you look ridiculous. I know you're a Ravens fan and you're supporting your Quarterback, but that's like Steelers fans saying Dwyer and Redman are a better 1 - 2 punch than Rice and Pierce. Or, Wallace is a better receiver than AJ Green.

All of that might be besides the point, though, as Flacco is being selfish. He's asking for 20 / year when Reed is in his contract year and Lewis and Birk are both retiring. I'm sorry, who is going to replace their starting Center and ILB for next year? More to the point, who's going to replace Ed Reed in that secondary? Reed may have lost a step, but him and Troy are still in the top 3 for best Safeties in the league and if Ozzie does decide that Flacco is worth what he's asking, the Ravens are going to be fucked in terms of cap space. He's putting himself above the team right now and we've seen what happens when players - and more importantly, Quarterbacks - do that. Teams struggle.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:49 PM   #23
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Flacco win or lose could not have had better timing to get on a streak!!
Old 02-06-2013, 10:34 AM   #24
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,446 Times in 4,042 Posts

Joe Flacco’s agent says he should be league’s highest paid QB

Posted by Curtis Crabtree

Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco has made the playoffs in each of his five seasons in the NFL and now has a Super Bowl ring and MVP award under his belt as well.

According to Brian A. Shactman of CNBC, Flacco’s agent, Joe Linta, will be looking to leverage that success into a massive payday for his client. Linta told Shactman he believes Flacco should be the highest paid quarterback in the NFL.

“When you do a contract of this magnitude, you look at what is the player’s body of work presently,” Linta said. “And what are the expectations going forward over the next four, five or six years.

“Joe wins on both accounts.”

In order for that to become a reality, the Ravens will need to pay Flacco at least $20 million a year. Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning made $18 million this season while New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees averages $20 million a year.

As Shactman points out, Flacco has won as many Super Bowls as Manning and Brees and is the youngest quarterback of the group. Linta is likely to make the argument that Flacco has accomplished just as much as Manning and Brees and is just entering the prime of his career.

It appears likely the Ravens will have to use the exclusive franchise tag on Flacco in order to ensure he will remain with the Ravens next season. A deal of this size likely will not be completed by the deadline to designate franchise players on March 4. The franchise tag alone would likely bring $20 million a year to Flacco.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ghest-paid-qb/

-- hahahahahahhahahahahhahahahaahahhaahahahahahahahaa hahahahaahahahahahahaahah.

Sorry, that's the funniest shit I've read in a long time. I understand his agent is just saying this to get a lucrative deal, but Flacco should tell his agent to shut his mouth in the public eye. Saying this like this gets PR for all the wrong reasons. I honestly think Ozzie knows better than to give Flacco 20+, but I really hope he does. The owner might be pushing for him to do it, but Joe isn't even a top 10 Quarterback in the NFL. Look at his regular season numbers then compare those to the guys that are making 20+ and tell me he's even in the same ballpark in terms of talent that those guys are. It's a bad joke.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:44 AM   #25
GMU Steeler
Team Owner

Member Number: 16173

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Joe Flacco’s agent says he should be league’s highest paid QB

Posted by Curtis Crabtree

Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco has made the playoffs in each of his five seasons in the NFL and now has a Super Bowl ring and MVP award under his belt as well.

According to Brian A. Shactman of CNBC, Flacco’s agent, Joe Linta, will be looking to leverage that success into a massive payday for his client. Linta told Shactman he believes Flacco should be the highest paid quarterback in the NFL.

“When you do a contract of this magnitude, you look at what is the player’s body of work presently,” Linta said. “And what are the expectations going forward over the next four, five or six years.

“Joe wins on both accounts.”

In order for that to become a reality, the Ravens will need to pay Flacco at least $20 million a year. Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning made $18 million this season while New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees averages $20 million a year.

As Shactman points out, Flacco has won as many Super Bowls as Manning and Brees and is the youngest quarterback of the group. Linta is likely to make the argument that Flacco has accomplished just as much as Manning and Brees and is just entering the prime of his career.

It appears likely the Ravens will have to use the exclusive franchise tag on Flacco in order to ensure he will remain with the Ravens next season. A deal of this size likely will not be completed by the deadline to designate franchise players on March 4. The franchise tag alone would likely bring $20 million a year to Flacco.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ghest-paid-qb/

-- hahahahahahhahahahahhahahahaahahhaahahahahahahahaa hahahahaahahahahahahaahah.

Sorry, that's the funniest shit I've read in a long time. I understand his agent is just saying this to get a lucrative deal, but Flacco should tell his agent to shut his mouth in the public eye. Saying this like this gets PR for all the wrong reasons. I honestly think Ozzie knows better than to give Flacco 20+, but I really hope he does. The owner might be pushing for him to do it, but Joe isn't even a top 10 Quarterback in the NFL. Look at his regular season numbers then compare those to the guys that are making 20+ and tell me he's even in the same ballpark in terms of talent that those guys are. It's a bad joke.
Can't wait to see how this all folds out.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:21 AM   #26
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,525 Times in 1,531 Posts

Quote:
flacco's "body of work" isn't just the last 4 games he's played.
fact is he's very inconsistent from week to week. he's lucky to complete 60% of his passes. (58.7 % in 2012) his passer rating is UNDER 90 the past year and for his career.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:28 AM   #27
GMU Steeler
Team Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
flacco's "body of work" isn't just the last 4 games he's played.
fact is he's very inconsistent from week to week. he's lucky to complete 60% of his passes. (58.7 % in 2012) his passer rating is UNDER 90 the past year and for his career.
His home-road splits are pretty interesting too. I admit, he does seem to turn it on in the playoffs but he's not worth the best QB in the league kind of money. It will also be interesting to see what he does without Boldin and it's my understanding Jacoby Jones is a FA too.Newsome's in a tough spot right here though. He knows how hard it is to find a reliable QB but he knows he can't cripple the Ravens salary situation either. Should be interesting to watch since Flacco's camp has leverage but Newsome is also a smart dude too.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:58 AM   #28
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,525 Times in 1,531 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMU Steeler View Post
His home-road splits are pretty interesting too. I admit, he does seem to turn it on in the playoffs but he's not worth the best QB in the league kind of money. It will also be interesting to see what he does without Boldin and it's my understanding Jacoby Jones is a FA too.Newsome's in a tough spot right here though. He knows how hard it is to find a reliable QB but he knows he can't cripple the Ravens salary situation either. Should be interesting to watch since Flacco's camp has leverage but Newsome is also a smart dude too.
Quote:
he does seem to turn it on in the playoffs
up untill this season there's no truth to that whatsoever.

miami - 9-23-135 yds...0 tds
tenn - 11-22- 161 yds....1 td
pitt - 13-30-141 yds....0 td

NE - 4-10-34 yds...0 td
indy - 20-35-189 yds....0 td

KC - 25-34-265 yds....2 tds
pitt - 16-30-125 yds.......1 td

hou - 14-27-176 yds .....2 tds
NE - 22-36-306........2 tds

whats so impressive here ? the fact that he gets credit for a win while only completing 4 passes ? or the fact that they won 3 playoff games with flacco only throwing 1 td in those 3 games?

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:09 PM   #29
GMU Steeler
Team Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
up untill this season there's no truth to that whatsoever.

miami - 9-23-135 yds...0 tds
tenn - 11-22- 161 yds....1 td
pitt - 13-30-141 yds....0 td

NE - 4-10-34 yds...0 td
indy - 20-35-189 yds....0 td

KC - 25-34-265 yds....2 tds
pitt - 16-30-125 yds.......1 td

hou - 14-27-176 yds .....2 tds
NE - 22-36-306........2 tds

whats so impressive here ? the fact that he gets credit for a win while only completing 4 passes ? or the fact that they won 3 playoff games with flacco only throwing 1 td in those 3 games?
True enough. Just saying, he does have some leverage with this current run. Which is fine by me because I think he's going to make the Ravens overpay him big time.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:31 PM   #30
zcoop
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 20513

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMU Steeler View Post
True enough. Just saying, he does have some leverage with this current run. Which is fine by me because I think he's going to make the Ravens overpay him big time.
He's got a lot of fucking leverage and he should use it. He just lead a team to a SB, won MVP and was one pass short from being in it last year. I don't like the ratbirds but I have to give the guy credit for his play. Market value is not overpaying either. Did we overpay Ben when we signed him to his 100 mil+ contract years ago?

Come on folks, stop the hate.
zcoop is offline   Reply With Quote