Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 02-06-2013, 08:32 AM   #51
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,957 Times in 1,917 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: 2013 Opponents & Early Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesk View Post
An answer for you my good Sir. Same reason Steeler fans started ten different threads in regards to Ravens the past two days. It's fifty percent schadenfreude and fifty percent gloating that the Ravens are going to steamroll the Steelers next year as well. The tide is definately turning in the Ravens favor now; thanks in part to your lousy front office and questionable coaching.
hey buddy - you're guy just won 1 SB, like ours already did

The 17 year old franchise comparing sizes to one that's been around since the 30s. Makes me laugh.

Here's a reminder for you: Your guys will know for the first time what having a target on their backs means, and you'll be losing some key cogs. Congratulations on your SB victory - but please, lousy front office? Haha - make me laugh.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:37 AM   #52
steelerschik
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16103
My Mood: Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post

The 17 year old franchise comparing sizes to one that's been around since the 30s. Makes me laugh.

Here's a reminder for you: Your guys will know for the first time what having a target on their backs means, and you'll be losing some key cogs. Congratulations on your SB victory - but please, lousy front office? Haha - make me laugh.
HAHA, yeah. They never quit. They're like the little brother that has been in the background for so long that once they do one thing special, they have to keep annoucing it looking for praise. MOST....ANNOYING....FANS....ON....THE....PLANET. And the lousy front office comment, LOL, proves even more they know less than nothing when it comes to football let alone the Steelers. Ain't that right Baltimore Browns?
steelerschik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:16 AM   #53
JeromeBetties63
Team Captain

Member Number: 19049

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerschik View Post
HAHA, yeah. They never quit. They're like the little brother that has been in the background for so long that once they do one thing special, they have to keep annoucing it looking for praise. MOST....ANNOYING....FANS....ON....THE....PLANET. And the lousy front office comment, LOL, proves even more they know less than nothing when it comes to football let alone the Steelers. Ain't that right Baltimore Browns?
Funny that by their own admission they emulated the Steelers. Obviously the football minds in Baltimore don't think the Steelers have a lousy front office...just their clueless fans. I have always said, I respect the Ravens....but not most of their fans.
JeromeBetties63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:33 AM   #54
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,957 Times in 1,917 Posts
My Mood: Fine

spot on Mr. Purple poopy pants. Of course the Steelers can't own the division every single season and of course someone else other than us is going to win the SB. But, consistently winning over time? That's the Steelers and that's the end of the comparison.

Sure - 17 years in the league and 2 SBs - that is impressive - but you better believe you'll go through a dry spell like every single organization has had to. I'd be worried because as fans you haven't had to experience it yet - it is painful, and it will happen to Ravens and their fans - its only a matter of time. You have 8-10 years with Flacco and you better enjoy them. Chances are you might get another 1-2 SBs and then take a deep breathe and enjoy watching the Steelers dominate for a while again - we both know deep down the Bengals are 1 more choice away from imploding yet again. Don't bring the Bengals in to the convo please - that just shows how little football knowledge you have - you're the champs, thought you would know more by now.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:20 PM   #55
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,365 Times in 566 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesk View Post
We will have to find a good escrow agent online to lay a wager with. I will also plan on being in Pittsburgh when the 2013 Super Bowl Champion Baltimore Ravens visit so we can take care of the bet there if you wish.
Do it, bigmouth. Listen, Mark Sanchez and the Jets went to 2 straight AFC Title games and within a few years they are a laughing stock. Why? Having the need to pay a QB who are only good as the players around him.

Flacco can't manage an offense for the life of him but is bailed out by so many other factors going on on other sides of the field. Those things will be takin away from him when he will be the SOLE leader of that franchise and Baltimore needing to mix and match the entire landscape of the team to keep guys in their competitive positions.

You made a deal with the devil. The Ravens showed they won the Super Bowl, but they also showed they got there with flukey plays when the real dominant force in the division missed things by one game with a parade of injuries. You will have to do wonders within your salary cap like we had to do for YEARS, with a very less talented QB in overall body of work, all the while forcing the Steelers to buckle down, and get better.

Good luck with the target on your back. Sometimes, it aint pretty!
Old 02-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #56
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,365 Times in 566 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerschik View Post
In one breath, he calls the Steelers FO lousy (LMAO) and then turns around and says he respects the Steelers organization in a response in the heat of the argument. I don't care if they are Super Bowl champions, they still reside in the AFC North and have to deal with us. Not a good team to consistently needing to beat! I don't expect this reign to be TOO long.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:35 PM   #57
sluggermatt15
Team Captain

Member Number: 20316

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post

I agree. The Steelers have had the same philosophy for years - to draft and develop players - and they have been nothing but successful! Why do you think other teams copy them and adopt their zone blitzing defensive schemes, 3-4 defense, etc.? Because they have demonstrated that it works, and works very well. Making a big splash in the free agent market doesn't always work out. Just ask the Philadelphia Eagles, Dallas Cowboys, and New York Jets....

I wish you Ravens fans would have your facts straight before you make such false statements.
sluggermatt15 is offline   Reply With Quote