Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 02-07-2013, 01:42 AM   #31
nikstar
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15652
Default Re: Any players we can trade for?

I'm all for Fitz as a Steeler. Not only is he an absolute stud as a receiver, we could line him up in the backfield a la 2008 Arizona for a trick play once a season. It's his contract that makes this deal impossible. Also saying that, after the 2008 season I truly thought Boldin was the better receiver even though Fitz was getting most of the hype, after his move to Baltimore I was truly terrified, but he was held in-check for a couple of seasons and only now seems like the pro I thought he was going to be. I don't really like the idea of "hey Baltimore won with a former Arizona WR let's pick one up and be guaranteed a Superbowl apperance".

I would probably prefer to sign Wallace for the 10 million he turned down before the season, who knows if that's possible now. I agree AB+Heath doesn't make a quality receiving core but I do think Wallace+AB+Heath+a RB who can catch can be a top offense.

Who are the Steelers franchise tagging this year? Is it possible to somehow trade for someone, then restructure their contract to a 1 year franchise tag? (by like trading for him, cutting him, signing him or some nonsense) Just brainstorming here.
nikstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:38 AM   #32
Steelers5895
Starter

Member Number: 23994
Default Re: Any players we can trade for?

A lot of high dollars come off the books after the 2013 season. Think about it, after Ben, when Troy is gone, do we have any other super stars? Brown isnt, wallace wouldnt be if he stayed. What "brand name" player will be have?

If we draft well this year and next we can have a Ben and Fitz with their salaries.

the issue is we dont draft well and we have to overpay players on defense beacuse they know the system and we cant afford to lose them, NOT because they are worth the money.