Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-07-2013, 04:09 PM   #11
steelerschik
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16103
Default Re: Ravens ahead of Steelers, but change can come quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa14 View Post
No, that's not what I meant by "owning the division". The Ravens own the last two division titles and the latest Super Bowl. Talking about the games that become more and more distant is pointless. The Ravens and Steelers are different teams. It's been quite awhile since the Steelers were a dominating force in the league and I see nothing that will change that going into the next season. Ben is one year older, one year further beaten due to a horrendous o-line. Flacco no longer has Cam Cameron holding him back and what a difference it has made.
So you can see into the future seeing that the steelers won't be dominating next season, huh? The ravens are going to lose players, their vocal leader will be gone (good frickin riddance) and you have no idea how anyone is going to play on the ravens team next season. What I saw of the ravens was a blown 28-6 lead and one blown noncall away from losing the sb. If you think the ravens are the dominating force, you're delusional. I'm more concerned on how cincy is gonna be next season than the ravens.
steelerschik is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelerschik For This Useful Post:
Blackout (02-07-2013)
Old 02-07-2013, 05:22 PM   #12
aa14
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24529

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerschik View Post
So you can see into the future seeing that the steelers won't be dominating next season, huh? The ravens are going to lose players, their vocal leader will be gone (good frickin riddance) and you have no idea how anyone is going to play on the ravens team next season. What I saw of the ravens was a blown 28-6 lead and one blown noncall away from losing the sb. If you think the ravens are the dominating force, you're delusional. I'm more concerned on how cincy is gonna be next season than the ravens.
The Ravens almost lost the Superbowl, you got me there. Thankfully we are just so lucky, we magoo'ed our way to the title. Every team loses players during the season, many teams also have cap issues. Not every team has Ozzie Newsome though. He is the key to keeping our team strong and most steeler fans know he should be able to. I didn't say the Ravens are the "dominating force", I said they will continue to own the division title. Not that delusional. In fact I'd argue you're the delusional one for not thinking the defending Superbowl champions are in prime position to win another DT. Ozzie won't let the team fall apart, sorry.
aa14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:35 PM   #13
steelerschik
Bench Warmer

Quote:
The Ravens almost lost the Superbowl, you got me there. Thankfully we are just so lucky, we magoo'ed our way to the title. Every team loses players during the season, many teams also have cap issues. Not every team has Ozzie Newsome though. He is the key to keeping our team strong and most steeler fans know he should be able to. I didn't say the Ravens are the "dominating force", I said they will continue to own the division title. Not that delusional. In fact I'd argue you're the delusional one for not thinking the defending Superbowl champions are in prime position to win another DT. Ozzie won't let the team fall apart, sorry.
So do tell, what's Ozzie's favorite food, his pet's names, his social security number, etc. I mean you seem to know him personally and what he will and won't do, you must know all the above. The Ravens blew a huge lead. That is an issue and should be a concern. Their defense is old and ain't all that and yes, luck was definitely on the raven's side. You have no clue who is gonna win the division. You have no clue what ozzie will do and frankly I don't care. The Rooney's are the best in the business and I wouldn't want ozzie. Ozzie has nothing to do whether the team falls apart or not and no apologies needed. They're just the ravens, that's all they are, nothing more, nothing less and no more of a worry than any other season. Do you see any other color besides purple?

Oh and LOL at all the times you refer to the dirty birds as sb champs is hysterical. Better repeat it cause it could be another decade or so before you are able to say it again. One win in 13 years, 2 total sbs. Wooo. You need a lesson in winning, but being a ravens fan, probably not necessary.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:40 PM   #14
aa14
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24529

Quote:
Ozzie has nothing to do whether the team falls apart or not...
I've never heard anything more ignorant regarding football in my life. The GM is one of the most important roles of the team. I don't really know what else to say, I'm actually at a loss. If you don't know the importance of the GM in professional football I don't think we have much else to discuss. Yeesh.
aa14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:40 PM   #15
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 7,966 Times in 3,375 Posts

Quote:
Do you see any other color besides purple?
he might have wandered into McDonalds at the wrong time and he's getting crushed by Grimace. This could be a serious emergency
Old 02-07-2013, 05:41 PM   #16
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 7,966 Times in 3,375 Posts

Quote:
I've never heard anything more ignorant regarding football in my life. The GM is one of the most important roles of the team. I don't really know what else to say, I'm actually at a loss. If you don't know the importance of the GM in professional football I don't think we have much else to discuss. Yeesh.
oh thank god you're ok
Old 02-07-2013, 05:44 PM   #17
steelerschik
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Do you understand how football works at all genius? Do you understand a team can fall apart several ways besides losing players to FA? Can the Great and Powerful OZ prevent injuries? You know, those things the steelers were plagued with this year that can cause a team to FALL APART? I mean I know the Great and Powerful OZ is your hero and all, but man I want some of his super powers if he can guarantee the team won't fall apart at all. Wow, he really is the Great and Powerful OZ. Get real.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #18
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,130 Times in 3,912 Posts

Quote:
Can I ask you a serious question?

What do you get out of coming onto Steelers' boards and talking up and defending the Ravens? I don't understand - you're acting like a complete dick and are somehow surprised when the backlash is quick and brutal.

Seriously, if you're just going to ride the Ravens' dick and not provide anything to the conversation then I think I speak for all of SteelerNation when I say - get the fuck off these boards. Now, if you're going to contribute to the conversation and actually say intelligent things that can be debated instead of inserting the Ravens' balls firmly in your mouth, then by all means, enjoy your stay.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:47 PM   #19
steelerschik
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
oh thank god you're ok
OMG, I once thought he was at least 14. I now think he's 4. So sad. This is why we as steelers fans are fortunate to have won as many SBs as they have. We know how to handle winning, but I guess when you're not used to it, I should be more understanding. I almost feel sympathetic.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:51 PM   #20
FrancoLambert
Head Coach

Member Number: 20827
Thanked 1,498 Times in 783 Posts
My Mood: Breezy

FrancoLambert is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FrancoLambert For This Useful Post:
BLACK_AND_YELLOW (02-07-2013)