Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-07-2013, 05:52 PM   #21
JackH
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24722
Default Re: Ravens ahead of Steelers, but change can come quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa14 View Post
Just because change can come quickly doesn't mean it will. The odds are heavily in Baltimore's favour to continue to own the division for the next three or four seasons. Ozzie isn't going to let the team fall apart, that is just every other AFCN team's wet dream.
Lol. Now this is what I would call a delusion of grandeur.

If the Ravens had lost that first game against the Steelers they would not have even made the playoffs, right? As I recall, the Ravens won 13-10, although the Steelers could have won despite Leftwich playing, and playing most of the game hurt.

C'mon, man. Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining.
JackH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:05 PM   #22
steelerschik
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16103

Quote:
I've never heard anything more ignorant regarding football in my life. The GM is one of the most important roles of the team. I don't really know what else to say, I'm actually at a loss. If you don't know the importance of the GM in professional football I don't think we have much else to discuss. Yeesh.
Oh noes, how will I go on in life? The hurt of not having another discussion with you runs so deep, I ....don't .... think..... I'll....survive............Good-bye cruel world.
steelerschik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:24 PM   #23
aa14
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24529

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackH View Post
Lol. Now this is what I would call a delusion of grandeur.

If the Ravens had lost that first game against the Steelers they would not have even made the playoffs, right? As I recall, the Ravens won 13-10, although the Steelers could have won despite Leftwich playing, and playing most of the game hurt.

C'mon, man. Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining.
What kind of reasoning is that? If we lost that game... you won that game... if Flacco fell down some stairs and broke his arm... yeah, things would have turned out differently. They didn't. I'm not the one living in hypotheticals.

Oh, and even if you magically turn our 1st meeting into a loss we still would have made the playoffs. We would have had one more road game. Flacco is the king of road games in the playoffs. Everyone but Steeler fans think the Ravens are the favourites for the division at this point. Is it certain? Far from it. Steeler vs Raven games are always closely contested, regardless of who plays in them. Almost all of our star defensive players were injured and/or out at sometime during the season, it's part of the game. We had some of our best players OUT during both Steeler games . It goes both ways.
aa14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:36 PM   #24
JackH
Draft Prospect

Quote:
What kind of reasoning is that? If we lost that game... you won that game... if Flacco fell down some stairs and broke his arm... yeah, things would have turned out differently. They didn't. I'm not the one living in hypotheticals.

Oh, and even if you magically turn our 1st meeting into a loss we still would have made the playoffs. We would have had one more road game. Flacco is the king of road games in the playoffs. Everyone but Steeler fans think the Ravens are the favourites for the division at this point. Is it certain? Far from it. Steeler vs Raven games are always closely contested, regardless of who plays in them. Almost all of our star defensive players were injured and/or out at sometime during the season, it's part of the game. We had some of our best players OUT during both Steeler games . It goes both ways.
This kind of reasoning is known as critical thinking.

How do the Ravens make the playoffs if I magically turn that first meeting into a Steelers win? Both teams would have been 9-7, Steelers win tie breaker due to beating the Ravens twice, Bengals win division at 10-6.

And I don't consider having the same record as another team in your division as dominating the division, even though you won the division on a tie breaker.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:39 PM   #25
aa14
Draft Prospect

Quote:
This kind of reasoning is known as critical thinking.

How do the Ravens make the playoffs if I magically turn that first meeting into a Steelers win? Both teams would have been 9-7, Steelers win tie breaker due to beating the Ravens twice, Bengals win division at 10-6.

And I don't consider having the same record as another team in your division as dominating the division, even though you won the division on a tie breaker.
You're assuming we still lose to the Bengals in our last game when we were resting our starters, it's a moot point. You really think we would have lost that game after we just finished cleaving through the absolute cream of the crop of the AFC and the NFC champions? You can think that if you want but THAT would be delusional.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:51 PM   #26
Blacksburg Zach
Team President
Supporter

Super Mario Flash Champion! Ragnarok Champion! Helicopter2 Champion!
Member Number: 24584
Thanked 2,267 Times in 884 Posts
My Mood: Sneaky

Quote:
You're assuming we still lose to the Bengals in our last game when we were resting our starters, it's a moot point. You really think we would have lost that game after we just finished cleaving through the absolute cream of the crop of the AFC and the NFC champions? You can think that if you want but THAT would be delusional.
Right, it's delusional to think that one NFL team, a division rival no less, can beat another NFL team. And for that matter, who's "we?" I didn't realize you and other Ravens fans were out there making tackles, scoring touchdowns, or making football decisions for the Ravens.
Blacksburg Zach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:56 PM   #27
JackH
Draft Prospect

Quote:
The Ravens came into that last game with the Bengals having lost 3 of their last 4 games (losses to the Steelers, Redskins, Broncos, and a win against the Giants). It would have been having lost 4 of their last 5 but for that lucky win against the Chargers where the Ravens converted a 4th and 29 yards to go late in the game.

That last game was at Cincy. If that game would have meant anything and the Ravens played all their starters, I would have picked the Bengals. Vegas probably would have too.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:00 PM   #28
steelerschik
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16103

Quote:
The Ravens came into that last game with the Bengals having lost 3 of their last 4 games (losses to the Steelers, Redskins, Broncos, and a win against the Giants). It would have been having lost 4 of their last 5 but for that lucky win against the Chargers where the Ravens converted a 4th and 29 yards to go late in the game.

That last game was at Cincy. If that game would have meant anything and the Ravens played all their starters, I would have picked the Bengals. Vegas probably would have too.
You mean the 4th and 28 they converted that the rest of the National Football League saw, that 4th and 29, er 28, oh what the hell, might as well just give it to them, I mean the the refs did anyway so why not.
steelerschik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:13 PM   #29
aa14
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacksburgSteeler13 View Post
Right, it's delusional to think that one NFL team, a division rival no less, can beat another NFL team. And for that matter, who's "we?" I didn't realize you and other Ravens fans were out there making tackles, scoring touchdowns, or making football decisions for the Ravens.
LOL! Haven't heard someone say that before. Being reprimanded for considering myself part of the Ravens nation... BIG MISTAKE!!! Yikes...
Old 02-07-2013, 07:17 PM   #30
aa14
Draft Prospect

Quote:

And in retrospect it is easy to see you and vegas would have been wrong to such a pick. The Bengals did nothing in the post season and the Ravens ended Luck, Manning, Brady, and the 49ers in stunning fashion. If the last game meant anything at all you can bet Ray-Ray would have busted out his retirement news to the team before the game. Is it possible they could have lost? Sure, but to think that is the probable outcome is laughable.