Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2013, 01:49 AM   #221
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 10,816
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 13,399
Thanked 14,138 Times in 5,959 Posts
Default Re: Steelers will select 17th in 2013 NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
Jones
Mingo - Know in college it didn't show but he is a stand up guy only NOT a 4-3 end
Ansah
Phillip Thomas
Elam
Bacarri Rambo
David Amerson
Okafor
Vaccaro
Jordan


I would absolutely LOVE a safety combo of any of those 4, yes I know Rambo and Amerson wouldn't be ideal because none is a in the box tackler but they would make "Splash" plays ... But don't it would happen
A friend told me that he's been hearing the Steelers linked to Bacarri Rambo (in R3). Did they interview him at the Senior Bowl? Has anyone else heard anything? Anyone adept at Googling such stuff?

Because, with Rambo's drug suspension, I had him off of the list.

Everyone knows I like Elam (& Vaccaro)... but, if they went Rambo in R3, that would leave a lot of options for R1... such as Tavon Austin (I know, I know... just kidding). Actually, if I had MY way, I'd take Elam AND Rambo.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:12 AM   #222
WokeUpWithaWoodley
Starter
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 619
Member Number: 24000
Thanks: 86
Thanked 301 Times in 168 Posts
Default Re: Steelers will select 17th in 2013 NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
A friend told me that he's been hearing the Steelers linked to Bacarri Rambo (in R3). Did they interview him at the Senior Bowl? Has anyone else heard anything? Anyone adept at Googling such stuff?

Because, with Rambo's drug suspension, I had him off of the list.

Everyone knows I like Elam (& Vaccaro)... but, if they went Rambo in R3, that would leave a lot of options for R1... such as Tavon Austin (I know, I know... just kidding). Actually, if I had MY way, I'd take Elam AND Rambo.
Yeah I don't know about that. I thought I read something that the steelers are looking for good character guys to fill the locker room.

If we went safety I would want vaccaro first than Elam anyone else really wouldn't excite me to much until they develope.
WokeUpWithaWoodley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:13 AM   #223
cbrunn
Starter
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 577
Member Number: 23984
Thanks: 97
Thanked 228 Times in 168 Posts
Default Re: Steelers will select 17th in 2013 NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
A friend told me that he's been hearing the Steelers linked to Bacarri Rambo (in R3). Did they interview him at the Senior Bowl? Has anyone else heard anything? Anyone adept at Googling such stuff?

Because, with Rambo's drug suspension, I had him off of the list.

Everyone knows I like Elam (& Vaccaro)... but, if they went Rambo in R3, that would leave a lot of options for R1... such as Tavon Austin (I know, I know... just kidding). Actually, if I had MY way, I'd take Elam AND Rambo.
Only thing I can find is a Steelers Depot article , but nothing that says they interviewed him or not...

That only problem I see with taking him in the 3rd, is I think he's gone in the end of the 2nd to the Ravens ... he would be the perfect fit to learn from Ed Reed for a year, or step right in and play and do sort of what Ed does(if Ed Retires)...

This whole draft scares me ... I see the Ravens and Bengals hitting home runs in this draft ...

the Ravens are in the perfect spot to take , Kevin Minter to replace Ray Lewis and Bacarri Rambo to replace Ed Reed

the Bengals are in perfect spots with 3 picks in the top 53 picks
cbrunn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:16 AM   #224
cbrunn
Starter
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 577
Member Number: 23984
Thanks: 97
Thanked 228 Times in 168 Posts
Default Re: Steelers will select 17th in 2013 NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel95 View Post
Justin Hunter - WR Tennessee



Take a look at this guy; if he hadn't injured his knee, he would have been a top 10 pick. This kid is fast! He also seems to have a nice attitude as well. If he's there at 17? Most draft boards have the Steelers taking him in the 2nd, he will not last that long at all.
I LOVE Hunter, He was ugaurdable before that injury, and going into the 2nd year it should be getting to 100% and should be able to get back to that form ... and I agree he will not make it out of the back half of the 1st
cbrunn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:24 AM   #225
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 10,816
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 13,399
Thanked 14,138 Times in 5,959 Posts
Default Re: Steelers will select 17th in 2013 NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by WokeUpWithaWoodley View Post
Yeah I don't know about that. I thought I read something that the steelers are looking for good character guys to fill the locker room.

If we went safety I would want vaccaro first than Elam anyone else really wouldn't excite me to much until they develope.
Yeah... hmmm. This dude is usually really spot-on (eerily good at hearing "inside info"). But, I agree with you: the only thing that I have heard or read was that Pittsburgh is looking to draft character guys.

For me it's Elam, then Vaccaro as 1-a... and then everyone else is a distant second. BUT, I would love to see a tandem drafted (Elam & Rambo; Vaccaro & Thomas) to develop together over the next decade. Make sense?

cbrunn,
I agree. I fear that the Ravens & Taperiots are going to land my two favorite players: Elam & Tavon Austin. And, absolutely, the one year to have multiple high picks is this year; thus, the Bengals are going to get good really quickly.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:49 AM   #226
WokeUpWithaWoodley
Starter
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 619
Member Number: 24000
Thanks: 86
Thanked 301 Times in 168 Posts
Default Re: Steelers will select 17th in 2013 NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Yeah... hmmm. This dude is usually really spot-on (eerily good at hearing "inside info"). But, I agree with you: the only thing that I have heard or read was that Pittsburgh is looking to draft character guys.

For me it's Elam, then Vaccaro as 1-a... and then everyone else is a distant second. BUT, I would love to see a tandem drafted (Elam & Rambo; Vaccaro & Thomas) to develop together over the next decade. Make sense?

cbrunn,
I agree. I fear that the Ravens & Taperiots are going to land my two favorite players: Elam & Tavon Austin. And, absolutely, the one year to have multiple high picks is this year; thus, the Bengals are going to get good really quickly.
Yeah I'm not discrediting your buddy, just saying I thought and hope they go after good character guys ( which is hard to find any college players without something attach to them )

Ed reed was rumored and said this Super Bowl week he wouldn't mind playing for the pats for a year or two. I don't think he will be back, so look for the ravens to replace reed and Lewis via draft which should be there top two priorities.

I've actually ventured over to other AFC north message boards and it seems like th bengals and ravens fans are targeting all the guys we have been. And have the same needs ESP the bengals. There fans see safety, linebacker, wr, rb as there biggest needs. So this draft I could see a lot of guys we all want go to AFC north teams.
WokeUpWithaWoodley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:33 PM   #227
StevieRayVol
Draft Prospect
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: 75 Miles North of Memphis
Posts: 71
Gender: Male
Member Number: 24064
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default Re: Steelers will select 17th in 2013 NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
I LOVE Hunter, He was ugaurdable before that injury, and going into the 2nd year it should be getting to 100% and should be able to get back to that form ... and I agree he will not make it out of the back half of the 1st

I have watched Justin Hunter since he came to UT from the state of Virginia. Great, Great athlete..So much so if he hadn't gotten hurt against Florida in 2011 he would have competed in the 2012 Olympics...That was the plan. He's that great of a sprinter and high jumper. Charlie Baggett compared him to Randy Moss when he coached Wr's at UT having coached Moss with the Vikings...That being said...Hunter knew he was leaving to go the the NFL ( he has a kid) and I think the knee injury was in the back of his mind..He dropped SEVERAL passes this year that hit him right in the hands..or alligator armed a few...He will test of the charts at the combine and it usually takes two years to come back from the knee injury he suffered...

Patterson on the other hand... Is just a pure football player...Didn't even know the playbook and was the first UT player in over 20 years ( Carl Pickens was the last to do it) score a TD four different ways..Receiving, rushing, punt return and kickoff return...The guy is 6'3" and 210...is very fast and I never saw anyone get a clean shot at him..." HE JUKES AND DARTS WHILE HE IS RUNNING AND NEVER LOSES SPEED"...I'd be happy with either one..
__________________
"THOUGH I MAY LIVE IN TENNESSEE I HATE THE TITANS...NO TRUE STEELER FAN CAN STAND THE SIGHT OF HOUSTON OILER BLUE"
StevieRayVol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:48 PM   #228
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter
 
Hawaii 5-0's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Aloha State
Posts: 7,117
Gender: Male
Member Number: 24013
Thanks: 4,890
Thanked 6,797 Times in 2,955 Posts
Default Re: Steelers will select 17th in 2013 NFL Draft

Ansah and Hankins mocked to Steelers by Kiper and McShay

By seton hall and steelers on Feb 7



Mel Kiper and Todd McShay recently updated their mock drafts and both have the Steelers taking defensive players. Kiper, like in his last mock, has the Steelers taking the talented pass rushing defensive end Ezekiel Ansah. McShay has the Steelers continuing their Ohio State tradition and taking Johnathan Hankins.

Kiper has mocked Ezekial Ansah to the Steelers two times in a row and it certainly is an interesting pick. Ansah is an unbelievable athlete who is an incredible pass rusher but at 275 pounds, can he stand up and play outside linebacker? The answer is probably no but with the Steelers using their nickel formation much more, Ansah would be able to come in and be a pass rushing force right away. However, he does not fit the Steelers draft strategy of taking juniors in the first round, as the Steelers have done in six of the past seven years.

McShay on the other hand, has the Steelers following their trends and taking the talented Ohio State defensive tackle Johnathan Hankins. Hankins has had a very good college career and has consistently taken on double teams. He does not rush the passer much but he is capable of doing it. He is a guy who could probably play five out of every six downs while taking every other third down off. He sometimes looked fatigue when playing all three downs the whole game and therefore, he would take some plays off when he knew his job was to rush the passer. He would be able to come in and compete for the starting nose tackle job right away.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...per-and-mcshay
Hawaii 5-0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:47 AM   #229
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 10,816
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 13,399
Thanked 14,138 Times in 5,959 Posts
Default Re: Steelers will select 17th in 2013 NFL Draft

Hawaii,
I like YOUR mock

Elam AND Austin. You are trying to get on my good side, aren't you?

All year, those were the two players they I wanted most. That would make my decade (draft-wise that is).

Then, if a RB is taken, Gillislee is probably the best choice IMO (although, I am still gung-ho about taking a shot at Lattimore).

Sean Porter just adds a cherry to the sundae.

NOTE: The only thing I could wish more for would be one of the Aztecs in R3: Leon McFadden or Gavin Escobar... followed by Lattimore in R4. BUT, I get the Gillislee pick (and, I like the Porter pick); so, I'll take YOUR mock & be very happy.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
Hawaii 5-0 (02-08-2013)
Old 02-08-2013, 08:07 AM   #230
JackH
Draft Prospect
 
JackH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 131
Member Number: 24722
Thanks: 9
Thanked 40 Times in 31 Posts
Default Re: Steelers will select 17th in 2013 NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Hawaii,
I like YOUR mock

Elam AND Austin. You are trying to get on my good side, aren't you?

All year, those were the two players they I wanted most. That would make my decade (draft-wise that is).

Then, if a RB is taken, Gillislee is probably the best choice IMO (although, I am still gung-ho about taking a shot at Lattimore).

Sean Porter just adds a cherry to the sundae.

NOTE: The only thing I could wish more for would be one of the Aztecs in R3: Leon McFadden or Gavin Escobar... followed by Lattimore in R4. BUT, I get the Gillislee pick (and, I like the Porter pick); so, I'll take YOUR mock & be very happy.
Makes sense to me, his draft and what you said. Although I still like Eifert or Ertz early in the draft as my preference, but I'd be happy with what you two guys are saying, which addresses most needs in one way or another.

Yeah, we need a QB like Dysert or somebody late in the draft. If nothing else, so we have somebody on the practice squad. The Steelers don't want to have to go looking for somebody during the season like this year.
JackH is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JackH For This Useful Post:
Hawaii 5-0 (02-08-2013)
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts