Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 02-08-2013, 10:51 AM   #111
steelerschik
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16103
My Mood: Relaxed
Default Re: I'll say it plainly - anyone questioning Big Ben is an IDIOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa14 View Post
I'm here to talk football, not to satisfy your desires. I haven't been bragging, I didn't start a thread proclaiming us world champions. I've been reminding, when appropriate, certain steeler fans because it appears they are trashing and downplaying the victory. I've tried to get involved with the discussion but some of you guys are bitter and defensive.

I've said more than a few times that Ben has been one of the best QB's in the league and the steelers are one of most storied and respected franchises to exist. Once I make that perfectly clear and give what is a contrarian view people begin to personally insult me. I haven't done anything that warrants such a vitriolic and hostile response.
Stopped reading right there. That's all you've been doing and like I said, it makes no sense to brag about a sb win on a steelers board, no matter the reason. None.
steelerschik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:51 AM   #112
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 10,008 Times in 4,256 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerschik View Post
You were doing a piss poor job at that. Don't care about your silly little comments dude. I will always call the ravens the cleveland ravens and I know that cleveland doesn't still own them jr. It's called sarcasm. There's just so much you don't understand.
I'd stop giving this guy your time. He's not on here to post anything constructive or to add to the conversation, he's just here to stir shit up.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #113
aa14
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24529

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerschik View Post
You were doing a piss poor job at that. Don't care about your silly little comments dude. I will always call the ravens the cleveland ravens and I know that cleveland doesn't still own them jr. It's called sarcasm. There's just so much you don't understand.
And my reply was sarcastic. You've just admitted you didn't realize that. That post where I named all of Baltimore and Indy's championships was SARCASTIC. Go back and read it. Do we really need to argue about this? Oh, and bolding half my sentence to just read as me making fun of you is wrong. I was making fun of what you SAID. Not you. It's not personal.
aa14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:57 AM   #114
aa14
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
I'd stop giving this guy your time. He's not on here to post anything constructive or to add to the conversation, he's just here to stir shit up.
And what are you adding, exactly? You here to talk football or just focus on me? Quit being so defensive, I'm a really nice guy.

Last edited by aa14; 02-08-2013 at 05:15 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:59 AM   #115
steelerschik
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16103
My Mood: Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Yeah I know he is, but I'm sitting here reading on the last 10 minutes of my lunch just killing time, so he's not taking any of it up. Imagine that, a ravens fan trying to stir up shit on a steelers board. That's such a rarity, lol.
steelerschik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:02 AM   #116
Blacksburg Zach
Team President
Supporter

Super Mario Flash Champion! Ragnarok Champion!
Member Number: 24584
Thanked 2,584 Times in 997 Posts
My Mood: Sick

So, how about we get back on topic? Wasn't this thread about how anybody who questions Ben is an idiot? I'd rather read about the topic of this thread and peoples' opinion as to whether or not it is idiotic to question Ben than to continue to get into pissing matches with a Ravens fan.
Blacksburg Zach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:06 AM   #117
aa14
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacksburgSteeler13 View Post
So, how about we get back on topic? Wasn't this thread about how anybody who questions Ben is an idiot? I'd rather read about the topic of this thread and peoples' opinion as to whether or not it is idiotic to question Ben than to continue to get into pissing matches with a Ravens fan.
Thank you. I wouldn't question Ben at all. He is a savvy veteran and one of the toughest QBs in the league. It is too bad he was injured for both of the games vs the Ravens last season and I look forward to seeing him against us next season. That being said, the Steelers need to start looking at the draft in the next two season to find a QB to sit behind him for a year or two to develop. Ben won't be able to continue to perform at a high level with the injuries his body has been playing through. His o-line has let him down for awhile now and if it isn't fixed this coming season things could get ugly quick.

The name of the thread, calling people idiots who disagree with the OP, isn't a great way to promote healthy discussion imo. I actually agree that people would be "out to lunch" if they think Ben isn't the answer anymore but to call them idiots before they give their view isn't good.
The Following User Says Thank You to aa14 For This Useful Post:
VaDave (02-08-2013)
Old 02-08-2013, 11:18 AM   #118
VaDave
Team President

Member Number: 479
Thanked 1,651 Times in 934 Posts

aai4,

Good post. Not all of us are uncouthe.....

BTW, congrats on the win. Your boys did well.
VaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VaDave For This Useful Post:
aa14 (02-08-2013)
Old 02-08-2013, 11:44 AM   #119
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,967 Times in 1,848 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa14 View Post
Thank you. I wouldn't question Ben at all. He is a savvy veteran and one of the toughest QBs in the league. It is too bad he was injured for both of the games vs the Ravens last season and I look forward to seeing him against us next season. That being said, the Steelers need to start looking at the draft in the next two season to find a QB to sit behind him for a year or two to develop. Ben won't be able to continue to perform at a high level with the injuries his body has been playing through. His o-line has let him down for awhile now and if it isn't fixed this coming season things could get ugly quick.

The name of the thread, calling people idiots who disagree with the OP, isn't a great way to promote healthy discussion imo. I actually agree that people would be "out to lunch" if they think Ben isn't the answer anymore but to call them idiots before they give their view isn't good.
It's not that people question Ben, it's that eventually ever thread turns into a Ben sucks thread or people feel the need to start a dozen new ones.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:45 AM   #120
VaDave
Team President

Member Number: 479
Thanked 1,651 Times in 934 Posts

Heck, if you hang around this board long enough, everybody sucks...........
VaDave is offline   Reply With Quote