Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 02-08-2013, 10:32 AM   #21
Steelers5895
Starter

Member Number: 23994
Default Re: Pittsburgh fire sale: The Steelers could lose every one of their FAs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
People saying that guys like Troy, Harrison, Keisel, etc. are chronically injured and don't bring trade value aren't wrong, but fortunately for us, organizations like the Jets and Raiders exist so we can dump our garbage on them and get draft picks. You're forgetting that the Raiders gave up first round picks for Carson Palmer.

If those kind of deals take place, I'm sure a team that needs a Safety, ROLB and DE would give up a fairly high pick for one or two of those guys.
amen. sometimes its not about winning its about selling tickets. you get a troy and it draws interest and sells seats.

i think Troy and Harrison have one more good year left. I would say keep them.

if we can find takers i would say lets look to trade these players:

Heyward
Hood
Woodley
Taylor

Harrison will be cut though and that will eliminate the getting rid of woodley.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:38 AM   #22
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 10,008 Times in 4,256 Posts
Default Re: Pittsburgh fire sale: The Steelers could lose every one of their FAs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers5895 View Post
amen. sometimes its not about winning its about selling tickets. you get a troy and it draws interest and sells seats.

i think Troy and Harrison have one more good year left. I would say keep them.

Heyward
Hood
Woodley
Taylor

Harrison will be cut though and that will eliminate the getting rid of woodley.
Heyward is only in his second year and is still improving - there's no way I trade him. As for Hood and Woods, I don't get rid of them either. We need to start using Hood effectively and we need to give Woodley a year to rebound after his injury marred 2012. I also don't trade Taylor as he's a true shutdown CB in the NFL and showed that against AJ Green and Torrey Smith earlier this year. All but one of those guys are under 30 as well - we don't need to unload the young talent, but we do need to unload the older guys.

Now, if we're talking about trading Troy, Keisel, Harrison and the possibility of Clark depending on who we draft, then I take those deals. A team with cap room that wants to trade for defensive talent and make a run for a title would be interested in at least one of those guys. Package two or three together, and we have a high pick involved now. You say they have one good year left and I say they're taking up 20 million dollars in cap room - we don't restructure that for future cap room hell. We cut that shit out right and restart with two young safeties in the backfield and a young pass-rusher to play opposite Woodley.

We're thinking the same way, just not with the same players haha.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:06 AM   #23
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321

Quote:

Heyward
Hood
Woodley
Taylor
Who in God's name will be starting on the DL if you trade Heyward and Hood?

Some of you people need to relax. This team is not getting dismantled because they went 8-8 after two straight 12-4 seasons.
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:14 AM   #24
VaDave
Team President

Member Number: 479
Thanked 1,651 Times in 934 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog78 View Post

Some of you people need to relax. This team is not getting dismantled because they went 8-8 after two straight 12-4 seasons.
Woods, and McCLendon??? Now that should scare the snot out of a few OCs......

Actually this team is going to be dismantled period, and not because of an 8-8 record. We could have as many as 21 new faces for 2013, and could have 20 players next year who's contracts expire in 2014...... Better yet, this isn't a great draft coming up, and we don't have the cap space to bring in upper level FA talent......

These people are spazzing over 8-8, are going to LOVE the next couple of years......
VaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:19 AM   #25
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 10,008 Times in 4,256 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaDave View Post
Better yet, this isn't a great draft coming up, and we don't have the cap space to bring in upper level FA talent.
This is the best defensive draft we've had in a long time. It just worked out that we need defensive playmakers and we can find them in every round this years draft. On offense it's weak, you're right, but this draft is all about defense.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
VaDave (02-10-2013)
Old 02-08-2013, 11:40 AM   #26
Steelers5895
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog78 View Post

we need to get DE's who fit our system, thats who. We have a 1st rounder who gets blown off the ball on running plays and another who cant get on the field and cant crack the line up over Hodo who is underachieving and an aging keisel.

So you rather have 2 square pegs playing in round holes? if we get value, i am not saying give away, these guys we can look to fill those spots with more appropriate players.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:40 AM   #27
Steelers5895
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaDave View Post
Woods, and McCLendon??? Now that should scare the snot out of a few OCs......

Actually this team is going to be dismantled period, and not because of an 8-8 record. We could have as many as 21 new faces for 2013, and could have 20 players next year who's contracts expire in 2014...... Better yet, this isn't a great draft coming up, and we don't have the cap space to bring in upper level FA talent......

These people are spazzing over 8-8, are going to LOVE the next couple of years......
nah i went through the mid 80's
Old 02-08-2013, 11:49 AM   #28
VaDave
Team President

Member Number: 479
Thanked 1,651 Times in 934 Posts

Quote:
nah i went through the mid 80's
I went through the 60's..... really!! When I was in highschool, I played the halftime show for the OJ Simpson Bowl vs the Eagles. People today just don't get that over the last 40 years we've been treated to some of the best football ever played.
VaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:02 PM   #29
67 calsteel
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 21936

the 2014 free agents of note
Clark-(34)
Keisel(35)
Cochery (31)
Hood (25)
Worlds(24)
Wood (25)

are the only players that actually play.Plus Keisel and Clark will probably retire.
Hood want have to much demand
Woods the same
Worlds could be signed to a reasonable contract.
67 calsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:05 PM   #30
The_Joker
Team Owner

Member Number: 24540
Thanked 1,288 Times in 683 Posts
My Mood: Devilish

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 calsteel View Post
the 2014 free agents of note
Clark-(34)
Keisel(35)
Cochery (31)
Hood (25)
Worlds(24)
Wood (25)

are the only players that actually play.Plus Keisel and Clark will probably retire.
Hood want have to much demand
Woods the same
Worlds could be signed to a reasonable contract.
Heyward was a solid plug to fill in for Smith, but we need a Keisel replacement if he leaves then. Hood is NOT the answer. Clark, same thing, I say draft a Safety this or next year. Hood is a solid backup, keep him. Worrilds and Wood, eh, who cares.
The_Joker is online now   Reply With Quote