Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2013, 09:10 PM   #41
Lady Steel
Living Legend
Supporter
 
Lady Steel's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 4,929
Gender: Female
Member Number: 16396
Thanks: 17,654
Thanked 6,675 Times in 2,546 Posts
My Mood: Amused
Default Re: Ravens ahead of Steelers, but change can come quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa14 View Post
Well thank goodness Steeler fans' dreams don't change the past.
Nope. Having those 6 Lombardi Trophies will NEVER change.
Lady Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:12 PM   #42
steelerschik
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 365
Gender: Female
Member Number: 16103
Thanks: 52
Thanked 314 Times in 125 Posts
My Mood: Cynical
Default Re: Ravens ahead of Steelers, but change can come quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa14 View Post
You don't care the Ravens won? If the Ravens missed the dance and watched the Steelers win a title I would care. I would hope my team gets its act together to try and compete next season. The last team I would want to win a superbowl is the Patriots... closely followed by you guys. It would've stunk and thank heavens it isn't a reality.
Now, before I get into the shower and retire for the night, I will explain this to you in adult fashion. No, I don't care the ravens won. I wasn't rooting for them, but I never root for anyone when the steelers aren't in the sb. I have been watching the steelers since the 70s and saw them win all their trophies and saw the 2 sbs they lost. Here's something a mature football fan knows, your team isn't gonna be there every year. Ain't gonna happen. When you're on top as long as the steelers always are and have high draft picks, other teams who have had lower picks prosper. It's the NFL, it happens. The steelers aren't gonna be in the POs or SB every year. I can live with that. They're the most successful franchise in the NFL and I know when they're down it's never for long. I'm mature enough to not care about the sb if the team I root for isn't in it. But you're young and I don't expect you to understand this thought process.
steelerschik is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelerschik For This Useful Post:
Lady Steel (02-07-2013)
Old 02-07-2013, 09:14 PM   #43
aa14
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 176
Member Number: 24529
Thanks: 3
Thanked 23 Times in 17 Posts
My Mood: In Love
Default Re: Ravens ahead of Steelers, but change can come quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerschik View Post
Now, before I get into the shower and retire for the night, I will explain this to you in adult fashion. No, I don't care the ravens won. I wasn't rooting for them, but I never root for anyone when the steelers aren't in the sb. I have been watching the steelers since the 70s and saw them win all their trophies and saw the 2 sbs they lost. Here's something a mature football fan knows, your team isn't gonna be there every year. Ain't gonna happen. When you're on top as long as the steelers always are and have high draft picks, other teams who have had lower picks prosper. It's the NFL, it happens. The steelers aren't gonna be in the POs or SB every year. I can live with that. They're the most successful franchise in the NFL and I know when they're down it's never for long. I'm mature enough to not care about the sb if the team I root for isn't in it. But you're young and I don't expect you to understand this thought process.
You've lost your feeling for the rivalry and that is sad. At least there are still many Steeler fans feeling this should be huge motivation for the team. The dreaded RATBIRDS... COME ON!!!
aa14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:58 AM   #44
JackH
Draft Prospect
 
JackH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 131
Member Number: 24722
Thanks: 9
Thanked 41 Times in 32 Posts
Default Re: Ravens ahead of Steelers, but change can come quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa14 View Post
You've lost your feeling for the rivalry and that is sad. At least there are still many Steeler fans feeling this should be huge motivation for the team. The dreaded RATBIRDS... COME ON!!!
That's lame as a three-legged dog when a Ratbird wanker trolls a Steelers forum to gloat.
JackH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:38 AM   #45
aa14
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 176
Member Number: 24529
Thanks: 3
Thanked 23 Times in 17 Posts
My Mood: In Love
Default Re: Ravens ahead of Steelers, but change can come quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackH View Post
That's lame as a three-legged dog when a Ratbird wanker trolls a Steelers forum to gloat.
Thanks for the reply. Too bad it has nothing to do with any type of conversation being had.
aa14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:48 PM   #46
FrancoLambert
Team President
 
FrancoLambert's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: tony soprano's neighborhood
Posts: 2,290
Gender: Male
Member Number: 20827
Thanks: 2,292
Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,026 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Ravens ahead of Steelers, but change can come quickly

FrancoLambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:10 PM   #47
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach
 
Riddle_Of_Steel's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Escondido, CA
Posts: 1,955
Gender: Male
Member Number: 13727
Thanks: 2
Thanked 887 Times in 442 Posts
Default Re: Ravens ahead of Steelers, but change can come quickly

I am already looking forward to next season.

* Ravens over the cap and don't even have Sacko under contract.
* Complacency, complacency, complacency.....
* No Ray-Ray to save their season anymore.
* Probably no Ed Reed either, unless he agrees to play for peanuts or free gatorade.
* Boldin too expensive to keep (unless they get rid of Flacco).
* Suggs' mouth looks like a horse's brown-eye (sorry- had to add it)

And we might get to play them in Baltimore to open the season? Mwuhaahaaahaaa.....

I vote 41-0, like the way the Steelers welcomed the expansion Browns to the league in their mistake-by-the-lake home operner in 1997. I will never forget the smug grin on Cowher's face that day...was priceless.
__________________
GO STEELERS!!
"On the S-2-7 train"
Riddle_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:23 PM   #48
aa14
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 176
Member Number: 24529
Thanks: 3
Thanked 23 Times in 17 Posts
My Mood: In Love
Default Re: Ravens ahead of Steelers, but change can come quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle_Of_Steel View Post
I am already looking forward to next season.

* Ravens over the cap and don't even have Sacko under contract.
* Complacency, complacency, complacency.....
* No Ray-Ray to save their season anymore.
* Probably no Ed Reed either, unless he agrees to play for peanuts or free gatorade.
* Boldin too expensive to keep (unless they get rid of Flacco).
* Suggs' mouth looks like a horse's brown-eye (sorry- had to add it)

And we might get to play them in Baltimore to open the season? Mwuhaahaaahaaa.....

I vote 41-0, like the way the Steelers welcomed the expansion Browns to the league in their mistake-by-the-lake home operner in 1997. I will never forget the smug grin on Cowher's face that day...was priceless.
There is nothing I'd like more than a week 1 opener vs. the steelers. What you listed, especially Suggs' mouth, are all valid concerns for us. I believe in Ozzie though, I think he will get a deal done /w Flacco that will make everyone happy. It will suck to lose either Reed or Boldin but I'd rather keep Boldin at this point.
aa14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:35 PM   #49
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach
 
Riddle_Of_Steel's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Escondido, CA
Posts: 1,955
Gender: Male
Member Number: 13727
Thanks: 2
Thanked 887 Times in 442 Posts
Default Re: Ravens ahead of Steelers, but change can come quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa14 View Post
There is nothing I'd like more than a week 1 opener vs. the steelers.
I don't know man, but almost every season, yet another fanbase falls for the same gag-- thinking that their team, who won the SB a few months ago, should still be the same dominant team.

If the home opener is set against us, do you really want a hungry, refreshed, pissed off Steelers team coming to your house to start the season? Your defensxe will be emotionally gutted after the satisfaction of a championship and with Ray Lewis gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa14 View Post
What you listed, especially Suggs' mouth, are all valid concerns for us.
That thing is a valid concern...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa14 View Post
I believe in Ozzie though, I think he will get a deal done /w Flacco that will make everyone happy. It will suck to lose either Reed or Boldin but I'd rather keep Boldin at this point.
Ozzie has done pretty well for you guys. I think where your team showed its superiority this year was in its roster depth. Your guys got bit by the injury bug too, but the Steelers were hanging on to a few fat cats for too long, and it was tying up money that could have been spent to sign some depth in other areas.

Your backups stepped up. Ours did stupid shit.

Has Reed fallen that far? I admittedly don;t get to watch the Ravens that much unless we are playing you. Reed still looks like a ball hawk to me.

But it seems the league is really bending the rules in favor offenses, so it might be more important to keep a WR that your QB has a proven chemistry with, if it comes down to it.
__________________
GO STEELERS!!
"On the S-2-7 train"
Riddle_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:42 PM   #50
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter
 
SteelersCanada's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8,278
Member Number: 24400
Thanks: 6,391
Thanked 11,750 Times in 4,798 Posts
Default Re: Ravens ahead of Steelers, but change can come quickly

As I posted earlier on a Ravens board, I really don't want a Steelers - Ravens week 1 game. Save those games for late November / early December when it's cold, physical and these games mean everything to both teams. Put them both in primetime and watch the best rivalry in football, arguably sports, play.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts