Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 02-05-2013, 05:09 PM   #11
jacobo
Team Captain

Member Number: 24766
Default Re: You have to go into the playoffs hot?

Didn't they get hot immediately after Ray announced he would retire?

Yeah, there's your answer
jacobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:04 PM   #12
sluggermatt15
Team Captain

Member Number: 20316

Heck no, a team does not have to be on a roll entering the playoffs. Look at the past 2 SB winners. The Giants in 2011 slumped into the postseason, then started playing great football. Same with Baltimore this past season. The playoffs are a whole NEW season. I believe a lot of fans forget that aspect. The regular season is supposed to reward teams by setting them up for the best chance to win in the playoffs, not guarantee them a championship.
sluggermatt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:26 AM   #13
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Teams that have locked a playoff spot often rest their starters during the final game/s of the regular season. This could impact their W-L for December.

Regardless, Blaze's point still stands. This has absolutely nothing to do with the Pittsburgh Steelers who were not even in the playoffs this year.

Move thread, close thread yada yada yada.

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:07 AM   #14
BlaZeQuietly
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 18219

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Now you know how we feel when you say smart things like 'Trade Ben for Colin Kaepernick' and 'Kaepernick is a better Quarterback than Roethlisberger'. Yeah, it sounds pretty stupid, doesn't it?

But, on topic, I don't think you have to but it certainly helps. The amount of bullshit fluke plays the Ravens advanced in the playoffs on was insane. That kind of stuff doesn't happen twice.
I never said any of those things verbatim so I don't know why you have quotations around it, unless that's a canadian thing. Someone else actually first said they would trade Ben for Colin and to be completely honest I probably would because I think Kaepernick will have a great career, will probably play for another 10-12 years, ben only for another 3-5. Thats MY opinion, I could be wrong. As far as Kaepernick being the better quarterback right now, he really isn't Ben's a lot smarter and more experienced, but in 5 years I bet Colin will be better than ben is, then ben will retire and Colin will continue to be great. This thread was so stupid that people are basically just carring on debates from different threads on this one, however when I make one negative thread mach1 shits all over it because he hates liberals such as my self. Someone mentioned X-Box, yeah I play X-Box, so the fuck what?
Old 02-09-2013, 02:16 AM   #15
BlaZeQuietly
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 18219

In fact in madden 13 I traded Ben for Colin, simulated the entire season, we went 14-2 and beat the 49ers in the superbowl when they had Ben for their starting quarterback, so I think that proves beyond a reasonable doubt that Kaepernick is better than Ben. You can't argue with science, well unless you believe in God, like some kind of doctor killing conservative. I just saw on ESPN that the Steelers are planning on trading our first pick in 2013 and first and second pick in 2014 for Alex Smith. Thats crazy, what are we going to do use him as a back up? Or is this a message to Ben that hes on the hot seat?
Old 02-09-2013, 06:29 AM   #16
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaZeQuietly View Post
In fact in madden 13 I traded Ben for Colin, simulated the entire season, we went 14-2 and beat the 49ers in the superbowl when they had Ben for their starting quarterback, so I think that proves beyond a reasonable doubt that Kaepernick is better than Ben.
Well I'm convinced. Who can argue with "science" like that? Fire Colbert and hire the resident joystick GM so we can get this sinking ship righted pronto!

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:09 AM   #17
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Does Alex Smith know you traded for Kaepernick and not him yet? That is going to be one awkward Valentine's Day dinner with your bromance next week. You'd better double up on the roses and lube.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:40 AM   #18
aa14
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24529

As others have said, the Ravens didn't go into the playoffs hot. At least not from their nov-dec play.
aa14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:25 AM   #19
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa14 View Post
As others have said, the Ravens didn't go into the playoffs hot. At least not from their nov-dec play.
But they got hot once they were in and that'swhat matters . They played very well offensively and Flacco looked unstoppable
Old 02-09-2013, 03:19 PM   #20
Blacksburg Zach
Team President
Supporter

Super Mario Flash Champion! Ragnarok Champion!
Member Number: 24584
Thanked 2,582 Times in 996 Posts
My Mood: Sick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaZeQuietly View Post
In fact in madden 13 I traded Ben for Colin, simulated the entire season, we went 14-2 and beat the 49ers in the superbowl when they had Ben for their starting quarterback, so I think that proves beyond a reasonable doubt that Kaepernick is better than Ben. You can't argue with science, well unless you believe in God, like some kind of doctor killing conservative. I just saw on ESPN that the Steelers are planning on trading our first pick in 2013 and first and second pick in 2014 for Alex Smith. Thats crazy, what are we going to do use him as a back up? Or is this a message to Ben that hes on the hot seat?
Right, because how a player does in Madden definitely dictates his performances in real life. Michael Vick was an unstoppable beast in Madden 2004, so he must have been the best quarterback in the league in reality at that point, right? And there's no way Alex Smith comes here when he wants out of San Francisco so he won't be warming the bench, which is exactly what he would be doing if he came here. Also, no organization trades a 1st and 2nd for a backup quarterback, except maybe the Jets or the Raiders.
Blacksburg Zach is online now   Reply With Quote