Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2013, 09:40 AM   #1
Steelers5895
Starter
 
Steelers5895's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 534
Member Number: 23994
Thanks: 6
Thanked 157 Times in 100 Posts
Default Mark Ingram Anyone?

This guy doesnt fit into the Saints offense. They barely use him and they have Pierre Thomas, Sproles and can still resign Ivory for cheap.

They are transitioning to a 3-4.

I have no idea if he is available or if the Saints are down on him but he is young, cheap and can run with power and used more than 10 carries a game has upside.

Ok, we are the GMs, what would you trade?

Me? I would trade a 3 and 5 if no players are involved

I would trade Woodley or Worilds straight up, no picks and that gives them an OLB pass rusher which they dont have on their roster.
__________________
Win If You Can...Lose If You Must...But Always Cheat! Ken Patera
Steelers5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:40 AM   #2
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter
 
SteelersCanada's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 7,260
Member Number: 24400
Thanks: 5,245
Thanked 9,374 Times in 4,012 Posts
Default Re: Mark Ingram Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers5895 View Post
This guy doesnt fit into the Saints offense. They barely use him and they have Pierre Thomas, Sproles and can still resign Ivory for cheap.

They are transitioning to a 3-4.

I have no idea if he is available or if the Saints are down on him but he is young, cheap and can run with power and used more than 10 carries a game has upside.

Ok, we are the GMs, what would you trade?

Me? I would trade a 3 and 5 if no players are involved

I would trade Woodley or Worilds straight up, no picks and that gives them an OLB pass rusher which they dont have on their roster.
I wouldn't give up any picks because of this defensive-heavy class, but I'd give up Worilds and Carter for him. Again, I don't trade Woodley after one bad injury marred year.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:52 AM   #3
Steelers5895
Starter
 
Steelers5895's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 534
Member Number: 23994
Thanks: 6
Thanked 157 Times in 100 Posts
Default Re: Mark Ingram Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
I wouldn't give up any picks because of this defensive-heavy class, but I'd give up Worilds and Carter for him. Again, I don't trade Woodley after one bad injury marred year.
Its back to back down years for woodley. 2011 he was hurt and last year he was non existance. he is still a decent name not too far removed from a good year which means he still would command value. One more season like the last 2 and he is going to be cut, useless as a trade and we get nothing for him.
__________________
Win If You Can...Lose If You Must...But Always Cheat! Ken Patera
Steelers5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:05 AM   #4
lloydwoodson
Head Coach
 
lloydwoodson's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 1,537
Gender: Male
Member Number: 23495
Thanks: 708
Thanked 403 Times in 272 Posts
Default Re: Mark Ingram Anyone?

Dwyer rushed for more yards than Ingram. Dwyer and Redman both have career ypc better than Ingram. I don't think Ingram will be a Steeler any time soon. I certainly would not give up depth at OLB to bring in a RB. RBs are a dime a dozen.

This probably could have been part of one of the several FA threads out there.
__________________
Lloydwoodson's Top 5 Posters of All-Time:

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:34 AM   #5
desertsteel
Assistant Coach
 
desertsteel's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,124
Gender: Male
Member Number: 915
Thanks: 178
Thanked 426 Times in 224 Posts
Default Re: Mark Ingram Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
RBs are a dime a dozen.
.
Then how come we don't have one?
desertsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:47 AM   #6
pittpete
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 377
Member Number: 5301
Thanks: 110
Thanked 208 Times in 120 Posts
Default Re: Mark Ingram Anyone?

If the Steelers traded Woodley, his cap hit would still be over $8 million for the Steelers so it isn't ahppening.
Quote:
Acceleration also occurs when a player is traded or waived and picked up by another team. The new team is not responsible for any of the original signing bonus. The team that waived or traded the player is responsible for the accelerated signing bonus
__________________
pittpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:01 PM   #7
Steelers5895
Starter
 
Steelers5895's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 534
Member Number: 23994
Thanks: 6
Thanked 157 Times in 100 Posts
Default Re: Mark Ingram Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
Dwyer rushed for more yards than Ingram. Dwyer and Redman both have career ypc better than Ingram. I don't think Ingram will be a Steeler any time soon. I certainly would not give up depth at OLB to bring in a RB. RBs are a dime a dozen.

This probably could have been part of one of the several FA threads out there.
saints have 4 running backs and are a throwing team. do you watch football?
__________________
Win If You Can...Lose If You Must...But Always Cheat! Ken Patera
Steelers5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:02 PM   #8
Steelers5895
Starter
 
Steelers5895's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 534
Member Number: 23994
Thanks: 6
Thanked 157 Times in 100 Posts
Default Re: Mark Ingram Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
If the Steelers traded Woodley, his cap hit would still be over $8 million for the Steelers so it isn't ahppening.
i am thinking moreso of picks. especially if we trade down and accumulate picks. we can afford a 3rd and 5th. a bettis type trade for sure.
__________________
Win If You Can...Lose If You Must...But Always Cheat! Ken Patera
Steelers5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:03 PM   #9
AgentGold007
Starter
 
AgentGold007's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 411
Member Number: 20176
Thanks: 281
Thanked 300 Times in 150 Posts
My Mood: Cool
Default Re: Mark Ingram Anyone?

I'd rather draft Eddie Lacey.
AgentGold007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:26 PM   #10
Steelers5895
Starter
 
Steelers5895's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 534
Member Number: 23994
Thanks: 6
Thanked 157 Times in 100 Posts
Default Re: Mark Ingram Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentGold007 View Post
I'd rather draft Eddie Lacey.
17 is too high

if we move back in rd 1 and he is there great.

wont be there in rd 2 when we pcik unless we move up
__________________
Win If You Can...Lose If You Must...But Always Cheat! Ken Patera
Steelers5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts