Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-09-2013, 03:33 PM   #11
DanRooney
Banned

Member Number: 16248
Default Re: Mark Ingram Anyone?

I'd love Ingram but he isn't worth Woodley AND Worilds. I'd give them Worilds and a 3rd.
DanRooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:58 PM   #12
Blackout
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 20509

Honestly until we actually focus on one RB to be our starter and not making that person a 3rd stringer after fumbling once, it would be a waste to get Ingram or even Lacey.

And our O-Line still needs to be better.

"Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings
Blackout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:16 PM   #13
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers5895 View Post
saints have 4 running backs and are a throwing team. do you watch football?
I guess they forgot they were a throwing team when they drafted a runningback in the first round? My thinking is they were expecting more from Ingram than a 3.9 ypc. If Ingram was a better player he would be a bigger part of the offense. In the NFL most teams build around the talent they have- so if the Saints say that Ingram is not a feature back I will trust that because it is a well run organization. You really think he would be splitting carries if he was the next LT?

Yeah... let's trade a ProBowl OLB in Woodley for a guy who hasn't even sniffed a 1000 yard season.

Woodley will retire as the Steelers all-time sack leader... unless he gets traded for a middle-of-the pack running back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsteel View Post
Then how come we don't have one?
You mean other than Mendenhall who averaged 1100 yards and 10 touchdowns on 4.1 ypc per season in the 3 years he was healthy?

---The bottom line is the Steelers need to re-sign Mendenhall. Re-sign Dwyer as a backup. There is nothing wrong with the running backs that a healthy OL and a good offseason won't fix. Dwyer's conditioning was garbage and he needs to get his ass in shape NOW!!!

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:37 PM   #14
Steelers5895
Starter

Member Number: 23994

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
I guess they forgot they were a throwing team when they drafted a runningback in the first round? My thinking is they were expecting more from Ingram than a 3.9 ypc. If Ingram was a better player he would be a bigger part of the offense. In the NFL most teams build around the talent they have- so if the Saints say that Ingram is not a feature back I will trust that because it is a well run organization. You really think he would be splitting carries if he was the next LT?

Yeah... let's trade a ProBowl OLB in Woodley for a guy who hasn't even sniffed a 1000 yard season.

Woodley will retire as the Steelers all-time sack leader... unless he gets traded for a middle-of-the pack running back.

You mean other than Mendenhall who averaged 1100 yards and 10 touchdowns on 4.1 ypc per season in the 3 years he was healthy?

---The bottom line is the Steelers need to re-sign Mendenhall. Re-sign Dwyer as a backup. There is nothing wrong with the running backs that a healthy OL and a good offseason won't fix. Dwyer's conditioning was garbage and he needs to get his ass in shape NOW!!!
i recommend you watch some games next season to get an understanding of football.

Ever think in their system Ingram didnt pan out? Kind of like Hood or Cameron in ours?

as for Woodley being a pro bowl linebacker? what on earth does the pro bowl mean? how about he was never an All Pro.

again, watch the games and learn a little about the game
Old 02-09-2013, 05:42 PM   #15
Steelers5895
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
Honestly until we actually focus on one RB to be our starter and not making that person a 3rd stringer after fumbling once, it would be a waste to get Ingram or even Lacey.

And our O-Line still needs to be better.
Our running back situation was poorly handled last year. Redman and Dwyer are not feature backs and Mendy may have been rushed back from his injury. he is not AP.

Mendy, not sure what the deal is. I never looked at him as a top 10 back but felt he was serviceable and productive. He wasnt the type of RB to close out a game and he seems to fumble at the worst times (holds the ball bad for a back)

I have no issue with him coming back at the right price but I think his antics soured the organization.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:51 PM   #16
pczach
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24694
Thanked 9,790 Times in 3,798 Posts
My Mood: Amused

Quote:

I agree with almost all of this. Trading Woodley for an unproven and/or underperforming back is just silly. You're right about Mendenhall's talent. He's our only dynamic back. He's the only back that has the speed to run outside and is the only home run threat they have. He's also better in the passing game and is better in space. It's just his head I'm worried about.
pczach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:17 PM   #17
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers5895 View Post
i recommend you watch some games next season to get an understanding of football.

Ever think in their system Ingram didnt pan out? Kind of like Hood or Cameron in ours?

as for Woodley being a pro bowl linebacker? what on earth does the pro bowl mean? how about he was never an All Pro.

again, watch the games and learn a little about the game
Heyward is an amazing player. He is going to be a leader on the defense for years. He is not out of position at all he is a stud 3-4 DE.

Woodley being a ProBowler means he was one of the 2 best players in his conference at his position that year. It's just a nice feather in his cap... like being named 82nd best player in the NFL by his peers in 2011.

Woodley averages 12 sacks per 16 games for his career and you want to trade him for a guy who ran for 600 yards last year.

How has Reggie Bush done with the Dolphins? Has he suddenly emerged as a Probowler? Miami is using him wrong too! He is a 2000 yard back in the right system!

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:38 PM   #18
Cajun steeler
Water Boy

Member Number: 24773

I'm live in the NO area. They don't use him enough. I miss the days when team used one rb and a 3rd down back. Emmit , Jerome and LT. Now its use this one and then that one. Rb get better the more u use them
Cajun steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:21 PM   #19
Steelers5895
Starter

Quote:
Heyward is an amazing player. He is going to be a leader on the defense for years. He is not out of position at all he is a stud 3-4 DE.

Woodley being a ProBowler means he was one of the 2 best players in his conference at his position that year. It's just a nice feather in his cap... like being named 82nd best player in the NFL by his peers in 2011.

Woodley averages 12 sacks per 16 games for his career and you want to trade him for a guy who ran for 600 yards last year.

How has Reggie Bush done with the Dolphins? Has he suddenly emerged as a Probowler? Miami is using him wrong too! He is a 2000 yard back in the right system!
watch the games
Old 02-09-2013, 08:51 PM   #20
Twentyvalve
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18796

I remember seeing some graphic during at game. They showed the space he could cover in 2 seconds (or something like that) based on his height and reach. It was the size of a rail boxcar. Insane. If Ben had that . . . . .
Twentyvalve is offline   Reply With Quote