Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-10-2013, 05:35 PM   #21
nick5574
Water Boy

Member Number: 24779
Default Re: I'm thinking offense: New wrinkle that I'd like to see explored:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
You're acting like the 2 remaining guys aren't David DeCastro and Maurkice Pouncey. As long as they stay and anchor our line, I'm fine with grabbing new offensive linemen.

That being said, we won't. It's a dumb article that these guys have to write for offseason purposes. Not enough attention is being paid to the Steelers right now, so why not write an article that puts the most successful franchise back on the front page?

Anyone else ready for April 25?
i would love to see an offensive line built around Pouncey and DeCastro and get back to using the run to set up play actions with ben. Something like that could actually help us "retool" or rebuild the defense, whatever you want to call it, by keeping the pressure off of them to win games
nick5574 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:53 PM   #22
VaDave
Team President

Member Number: 479
Thanked 1,621 Times in 919 Posts
Default Re: I'm thinking offense: New wrinkle that I'd like to see explored:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
I think it's a really good idea. Houston runs a very similar offensive scheme that you're talking about with Schaub to Johnson and it works really, really well. You're absolutely right, though - in order to run this kind of offense, we need a legitimate and probably franchise RB to work from play-action and throw it downfield or on the move.

I think that Ben to Brown in this style of offense would be really effective. I think the pieces are there on the offensive line and WR corp, we just need a RB. If we were to draft someone like Marcus Lattimore or Mike Gillislee, then this offensive scheme would be hard to stop with our speedy possession receivers we have.

I like it.
I haven't seen to much of Houston over the last couple of years. But having seen Kubiak's offense from his Denver days I get your point.

One thing I do know about them is their OL is outstanding and cosidered by many to be the best in the league. Having a back like Foster, which we don't have at the moment, would certainly help a lot. At this point in life, this would be a wrinlke I'd actually enjoy getting......
VaDave is offline   Reply With Quote