Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 03:32 AM   #11
scottcurtis
Banned

Member Number: 24767
Default Re: If Ben was an Unrestricted Free Agent today , what would the Rooney's do ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
Add 4 games missed to off-the-field trouble. I think off-the-field trouble makes a player more unreliable because they can get hurt and they have the added risk of missing games to off-the-field behaviour. In Ben's case there is now a low risk of off-the-field trouble and credit to him for making some positive decisions.

In any event, while Roethlisberger might not miss games he plays hurt often. If there was a backup the Steelers felt more confident in they might not rush Ben back from injury etc.
I also find it funny Ben comes back this year only after the Steelers beat baltimore with Batch. His ego would not allow another QB to "win behind that Line" or whatever other lame things Ben apologist's have to say ! Then only after being completely ineffective the rest of the season and throwing terrible picks that cost the us playoffs does he say "maybe i came back to soon" Another built in excuse !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-11-2013, 05:27 AM   #12
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921
Default Re: If Ben was an Unrestricted Free Agent today , what would the Rooney's do ?

Of course I would keep him in a second. We can't win without him. As forhis iinjuries, he getshurt every season . To me it not the time missed but the poor play when he rushes back to soon that matters.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:50 AM   #13
VaDave
Team Owner

Member Number: 479
Thanked 1,939 Times in 1,060 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dez09231 View Post
Everyone plays hurt. When Ben gets hurt it's highlighted 4 or 5 x because he makes a show of telling everyone that he's playing hurt. He may get hurt more than the average QB, but it's not like the media likes to make it sound.

As for the 4 game suspension, I highly doubt he's going to rape again. He probably had to pay the Georgia girl in the high 7 figures to make that go away. It was national news.
dez

If there was a rape involved, he's be in jail.......
The Following User Says Thank You to VaDave For This Useful Post:
stairway27 (02-11-2013)
Old 02-11-2013, 06:56 AM   #14
VaDave
Team Owner

Member Number: 479
Thanked 1,939 Times in 1,060 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottcurtis View Post
I also find it funny Ben comes back this year only after the Steelers beat baltimore with Batch. His ego would not allow another QB to "win behind that Line" or whatever other lame things Ben apologist's have to say ! Then only after being completely ineffective the rest of the season and throwing terrible picks that cost the us playoffs does he say "maybe i came back to soon" Another built in excuse !!!!!!!!!!!
I dunno Woody, it sure looked like 10 mph came of his fastball on most passes after he came back. No doubt his placement of the ball was more eratic afterwards as well. His stats pre injury we not that bad IMO. My queston is, can you think of any reason why he would regress as he did other than injury?
Old 02-11-2013, 06:59 AM   #15
wwhickok
Starter

Member Number: 24713

They would trade him for a 7th round pick of course.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:09 AM   #16
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 4,965 Times in 2,109 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Dez and Llyod are going to get married. Just need to arrange the ceremonies.

On topic: Pay the man.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bayz101 For This Useful Post:
stairway27 (02-11-2013)
Old 02-11-2013, 07:41 AM   #17
WVABE
Team Captain

3D Field Goal - Pro Champion! 3D Field Goal - All Pro Champion!
Member Number: 24111

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
Of course I would keep him in a second. We can't win without him. As forhis iinjuries, he getshurt every season . To me it not the time missed but the poor play when he rushes back to soon that matters.
Exactly, you would think with his maturity and his past experience in rushing back in, one would think he'd know to stay out at least another week. They all do it (except for the slackers who are there strictly for a paycheck)and one would think they would know that there is a great chance that they are only hurting the team.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:26 AM   #18
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,727 Times in 2,232 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Make it to the clock tower 'right after the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance - cause the only thing that will get them back to the future is 1.21 Gigga Watts aka A Bolt of Lightning

This way they defeat Biff, Save Ben and everything will be back to normal.

I'VE GOT SOME YOUTHFUL ADJUSTMENTS FOR 'DAT AZZ
The Following User Says Thank You to steelfury02 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (02-11-2013)
Old 02-11-2013, 08:40 AM   #19
Gnutella
Head Coach

Member Number: 13861
Thanked 2,395 Times in 876 Posts
My Mood: Bitchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dez09231 View Post
As for the 4 game suspension, I highly doubt he's going to rape again. He probably had to pay the Georgia girl in the high 7 figures to make that go away. It was national news.
Not to rehash this debate for the 2,305,634,937,906,379,061,283rd time, but why is it unacceptable to speculate that the alleged victim "just wanted an easy pay day," but acceptable to speculate that Roethlisberger "paid her off to make it go away"? That strikes me as a blatant double standard. I don't believe either scenario to be true, but I do believe there's a shortage of critical thinking skills out there, considering this double standard has gone so long without even being noticed, let alone called into question.

As for the answer to the original question, the Rooney family would franchise him, sign him to a four- or five-year contract extension, and tell all the yinzers to pound sand.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gnutella For This Useful Post:
stairway27 (02-11-2013)
Old 02-11-2013, 09:16 AM   #20
Steelers5895
Starter

Member Number: 23994

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
Add 4 games missed to off-the-field trouble. I think off-the-field trouble makes a player more unreliable because they can get hurt and they have the added risk of missing games to off-the-field behaviour. In Ben's case there is now a low risk of off-the-field trouble and credit to him for making some positive decisions.

In any event, while Roethlisberger might not miss games he plays hurt often. If there was a backup the Steelers felt more confident in they might not rush Ben back from injury etc.
I can't believe I am saying this but great post.